HOW DO YOU CREATE LABELS WITH PICTURES

Moonstar

How do you create a label with a photo. do you use a special app or are there programs on avery labels etc. i want something different than the generic photos they offer

on avery. btw i have a mac computer - still don't know all the ins + outs of it though lol ! 

thank you in advance :) 

You can upload your own images to use with the Avery program.  Just click "Add Image" under the Images tab.  I use the Avery download software rather than the online version, because my labels never line up right using the online version, but it works just like the online version.

• Like 1

The program has an "insert image" feature located at the top status bar. You click on that and it will allow you to add an image from your photo collection or an image from the clip art collection. If you add a photo it also has an editing feature under 'format' a photo. Just click on format and you can crop, change the effects, or rotate the photo's appearance. Its amazing what you can do with a single photo.

You can edit photos if you have an photo program on your computer. Just edit your photo, save to your file, then when you are in the Avery program you can insert the edited photo from your files and you can do additional editing in the Avery program if you like.

• Like 1

Guest OldGlory

I use a graphics program called Print Shop, and I have another program that I can use with Print Shop. There's a big learning curve with a graphics program and if you can take a computer class to learn how to use such a program, I suggest taking a class.

A member here uses Zazzle for her labels and they are gorgeous. You could check them out. You design the label, they print it and send it to you.

I also use the online photo editing program PicMonkey and I love it! The only drawback is that once you leave the program, you can't edit the picture.  You'll need to start over, so be sure to save your end product to your hard drive.  

• Like 1

The only word of caution that I will offer is to be certain that you either own the images you wish to use or you buy rights to use them. The wax world is PACKED with examples of infringement and misuse of images and marks. Including using images from suppliers. Because we use their oils does not mean that their images are ours to use. Seems many do not understand that or do and do not care.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Moonstar said:

thanks MLG ! I've never used picmonkey before. ill check it out, is it easy to use ?

It's just like any other program. You'll need to play around with it, but yes.  Once you get in there and see what all it offers, it is very easy to use.   

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
15 minutes ago, cvndlechix said:

I've recently downloaded the avery design software just to get familiar with it ! So far so good, but speaking of microsoft TallTayl, how do you print off your labels ??

I use a combo of PowerPoint, Word and Access for my labels. Most of my labels are printed from my Access database. If images are layered with clear background (like my logo on a color background) I do the layers in PowerPoint. If no background colors I just do them right in Access.

some labels, like candle lid stickers, I print right out of MS word. Super fast and easy.

• Like 1

As a designer, I have to give a nod to Photoshop :) I might be in the minority, but when I'm making labels, I like to design them in PS and print them on full-size label sheets and cut them individually myself (I put a border around the each label design). I get in between 15-20 labels printed on one 8.5"-11" sheet. Though it's much simpler I will admit to just peel the labels off when you're done printing and voila!  *hee hee* Avery templates just never work when I've tried them in the past (I think it doesn't like me! :( )