Ice Lemon Biscotti

doodlebug65

Two weeks cure time is up and I am LOVING my Iced Lemon Biscotti candle (Fillmore).  I kept thinking my husband was baking something.  Duh!  lol  Can't wait to see how it burns to the bottom, and I can pour for spring sale.  Using 464, pint canning jar, with 790 Premier wick.

Goldie

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
On 2/20/2016 at 10:54 AM, GoldieMN said:

Two weeks cure time is up and I am LOVING my Iced Lemon Biscotti candle (Fillmore).  I kept thinking my husband was baking something.  Duh!  lol  Can't wait to see how it burns to the bottom, and I can pour for spring sale.  Using 464, pint canning jar, with 790 Premier wick.

Goldie

Goldie how much FO are you adding ... I just did a test burn in a small Weck jar with 464 + cd 8 wick. burning perfectly but not much of a HT ???? 

Also, may I ask what temp tour heating to - adding FO to ? Im so bummed since it does so well in my para soy for wax melts. I have wick samples of 

Premiers - maybe I'll try those as well. BTW it had a 12 day cure. Thanks Goldie :) 

Edited by Moonstar

14 minutes ago, GoldieMN said:

I use 7% for all my candles; one of these days I will start retesting at 6%.  Did you wait two weeks?  I have a friend who doesn't even light the candle and can smell it in the room it is placed in.

Goldie

12 days ... thats what I don't like about the 464 - very long cure :( is the pint jar the 16 oz jar - Im bad with the pint  - half pint  sizes to ounces lol !

I think for the heck of it though I might test the premiers. Whats your rule of thumb on wick sizes with Premiers + 464 as far as jar sizes go ? Thanks ! 

:) Yes, 16-ounce jar is the pint jar; regular not wide mouth.  I'm terrible with metric system so always have to go online to convert. :P   

I started with 765 & 767 Premiers as that was recommended on a chart for the opening of my jars. They seemed to work until I ran into a fragrance that wouldn't throw.  Trappeur suggested I up the wick which I hadn't considered.  Duh!  So I made my way up to 780, 785, and 790.  I only try the last two nowadays.  If neither works, I give up on the fragrance.  Generally both of those work so I prefer the 785 to keep the heat a bit lower.  Although I have to say, my jars never get really hot even after forgetting to blow them out overnight.  Shhhhh, don't tell anyone!

Goldie

• Like 1

On 2/20/2016 at 10:54 AM, GoldieMN said:

Goldie

I like the way you always say what wax and wick and jar you used when ever you are trying out a scent.  That is soooo helpful especially when I use the same wax and jars Goldie!  Thanks.

Trappeur

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, GoldieMN said:

:) Yes, 16-ounce jar is the pint jar; regular not wide mouth.  I'm terrible with metric system so always have to go online to convert. :P   

I started with 765 & 767 Premiers as that was recommended on a chart for the opening of my jars. They seemed to work until I ran into a fragrance that wouldn't throw.  Trappeur suggested I up the wick which I hadn't considered.  Duh!  So I made my way up to 780, 785, and 790.  I only try the last two nowadays.  If neither works, I give up on the fragrance.  Generally both of those work so I prefer the 785 to keep the heat a bit lower.  Although I have to say, my jars never get really hot even after forgetting to blow them out overnight.  Shhhhh, don't tell anyone!

Goldie

lol, lol.....shhhhhhh I won't tell anyone if you don't tell anyone I've done that many a time too......shhhhhh

Trappeur

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Trappeur said:

I like the way you always say what wax and wick and jar you used when ever you are trying out a scent.  That is soooo helpful especially when I use the same wax and jars Goldie!  Thanks.

Trappeur

I learned that from you, Trappeur! :P

Goldie

• Like 1

On 2/20/2016 at 7:54 AM, GoldieMN said:

Goldie

It's one of the only bakery scents I like, must be the lemon.  I replaced Bert's with Fillmore's and although not exactly the same, my customers love it and it has a great HT in C3 as well.