Chunk Tart Melt recipes for Spring - Let's make some!

puma52

On 3/24/2016 at 1:42 AM, Nikki said:

Bergamot w/Rosemary and Mint overpour, Banana w/Apple Butter Caramel overpour, Spiced Cranberry w/Raisin Bread & Butter overpour, Bergamot, Lemon Peel w/ Pink Sugar overpour and lastly, Banana, Chocolate, Wild Cherry w/Pralines and Cream overpour.  Three varieties were made with a silicone ice cube mold (nice and neat), the others were my attempt at doing it the regular way.  I'd love opinions on the chunks made with molds.  Is it ok, or just doesn't have the "it" factor.

Thanks!

Nikki

morechunks.jpg

Nikki.....I think they all look gorgeous!!! Love the combos and the colors too!! :)

• Like 1

A little more time on my hands so I messed around with size of chunk pieces before the overpour.  I also did some where the scents are separate and some where I took three frag. oils, blended, divided and added color to half...I used 50/50 4625 and 4627 for most except the pistachio (green) chunk pieces are 6006.

Still figuring out size that I like, working on cutting straight haha and just making nicer looking chunks.  Learning from all of you every day and am so thankful.  Enjoy!  

Strawberry Salted Caramel Corn Bake Shop, Pistachio Pudding Birthday Cake, Bubblegum Serendipity Candy Cane Cake, Orange Juice Birthday Cake.  

4.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Nikki said:

A little more time on my hands so I messed around with size of chunk pieces before the overpour.  I also did some where the scents are separate and some where I took three frag. oils, blended, divided and added color to half...I used 50/50 4625 and 4627 for most except the pistachio (green) chunk pieces are 6006.

Still figuring out size that I like, working on cutting straight haha and just making nicer looking chunks.  Learning from all of you every day and am so thankful.  Enjoy!  

Strawberry Salted Caramel Corn Bake Shop, Pistachio Pudding Birthday Cake, Bubblegum Serendipity Candy Cane Cake, Orange Juice Birthday Cake.  

4.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

GRAAAAAAAAAACIOUS NIKKI!!!!! GIRL!!! You are just running off with this and I LOVE IT!!!!:icon_highfive::bliss::yay: Lookin' good in the neighborhood!! You are so inspiring!! Love your combos!!  I LOVE that pistachio color,,,,I love ALL your colors !!! :) I have to ask...do you use the liquid colors? If you do...how many drops of green did you use for the Pistachio Pudding Cake? I keep coming back to look at that chunk! :)

Edited by puma52
  • Like 4

Your chunks look pretty awesome to me! 

They are beautiful.....it is hard to cut straight and neat when your worried the wax is getting to hard and working fast - lol

but I like them that way- my problem was I didn't like how deep of a pan I was using  with chunks and overpour combined - the chunks themselves were to thick but couldn't cut them in half or they would be to small 

waiting for more wax to get here so I can continue  ?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, puma52 said:

GRAAAAAAAAAACIOUS NIKKI!!!!! GIRL!!! You are just running off with this and I LOVE IT!!!!:icon_highfive::bliss::yay: Lookin' good in the neighborhood!! You are so inspiring!! Love your combos!!  I LOVE that pistachio color,,,,I love ALL your colors !!! :) I have to ask...do you use the liquid colors? If you do...how many drops of green did you use for the Pistachio Pudding Cake? I keep coming back to look at that chunk! :)

I use liquid dye, but that was probably the only thing in this hobby that I put a limit on.... so I got just the basic colors; red, blue, yellow and brown.  I just mix tiny bits of colors together on a plastic spoon and dip something in it (like a the end of another spoon) to take and add to the wax that way until I get the color I want.  The kiwi green was tiny bits taken from one blue drop (Aztec) and 2 yellow drops (Candle Science) mixed together.  Not very scientific, I know, haha!!    

• Like 1

Well, I have been reading and looking at all of these great pics and I have to say you guys have got me wanting to try this out now!  These look so cool!  I am always looking for something different to try.  Thanks for all of the great tips and the instructions and pictures!  :bow:

• Like 2

PHOTOS BACKWARDS!    I took the plunge and joined the party, thanks Puma!!  I already had some chunks made in Beach Daisy fragrance (light blue-green chunks) and I was trying to get something summery/beachy with the oils I have on hand and without being too fruity so I came up with a combo that, let's say, I don't love!  But I wanted to focus on the procedure not so much the scents.  To the Beach Daisy I added  Coconut Lime Verbana chunks (orange chunks, yes I know the color is wrong, lol)   along with Ocean (navy chunks).  The overpour was Coconut Milk.  Knowing that the CLV is really overpowering I cut back on the f.o. and added more Coconut milk f.o. which is not that strong and then the Ocean.  Here are the pictures...I definitely love the look of the chunk melt itself so I will be thinking hard about the f.o. combos I want to use and try them again....  By the way mine are about 1" x 1" and approx. 1-3/4" deep when cut.   I used foil loaf pans as this was a test and didn't want to make too many...  The chunks were put into three 6 x 3-1/2 x 2" deep rectangle tins-- I used about 5 oz wax plus f.o. for each chunk type. The larger tin to which I added the chunks and the overpour to was an 8 x 4-1/4 x 2-1/2" deep.  Melted about 12 oz. wax for the overpour.  I think I waited a bit too long to cut the loaf--It was still warm at about 55 minutes but I think it should have been a bit warmer for a cleaner slice, maybe around 45 minutes.

20160327_105500.jpg

20160327_105331.jpg

20160327_104739.jpg

20160327_092933.jpg

20160327_092012.jpg

Edited by Terry
photos are backwards
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Terry said:

PHOTOS BACKWARDS!    I took the plunge and joined the party, thanks Puma!!  I already had some chunks made in Beach Daisy fragrance (light blue-green chunks) and I was trying to get something summery/beachy with the oils I have on hand and without being too fruity so I came up with a combo that, let's say, I don't love!  But I wanted to focus on the procedure not so much the scents.  To the Beach Daisy I added  Coconut Lime Verbana chunks (orange chunks, yes I know the color is wrong, lol)   along with Ocean (navy chunks).  The overpour was Coconut Milk.  Knowing that the CLV is really overpowering I cut back on the f.o. and added more Coconut milk f.o. which is not that strong and then the Ocean.  Here are the pictures...I definitely love the look of the chunk melt itself so I will be thinking hard about the f.o. combos I want to use and try them again....  By the way mine are about 1" x 1" and approx. 1-3/4" deep when cut.   I used foil loaf pans as this was a test and didn't want to make too many...  The chunks were put into three 6 x 3-1/2 x 2" deep rectangle tins-- I used about 5 oz wax plus f.o. for each chunk type. The larger tin to which I added the chunks and the overpour to was an 8 x 4-1/4 x 2-1/2" deep.  Melted about 12 oz. wax for the overpour.  I think I waited a bit too long to cut the loaf--It was still warm at about 55 minutes but I think it should have been a bit warmer for a cleaner slice, maybe around 45 minutes.

20160327_105500.jpg

20160327_105331.jpg

20160327_104739.jpg

20160327_092933.jpg

20160327_092012.jpg

:bliss::yay::icon_highfive:   WHOOO HOOOOO TERRY!!!!! You GOT IT GIRL!!! YEA!!! I LOVE your chunks colors!!! Everyone is doing awesome!!! Love the pics and after the scent cures on your chunks,,,,you just may have an awesome new blend BEST-SELLER! :) Thank you for sharing!

16 hours ago, Nikki said:

I use liquid dye, but that was probably the only thing in this hobby that I put a limit on.... so I got just the basic colors; red, blue, yellow and brown.  I just mix tiny bits of colors together on a plastic spoon and dip something in it (like a the end of another spoon) to take and add to the wax that way until I get the color I want.  The kiwi green was tiny bits taken from one blue drop (Aztec) and 2 yellow drops (Candle Science) mixed together.  Not very scientific, I know, haha!!    

You ARE a scientist Nikki...look at what you discovered...a gorgeous pistachio/kiwi color!! LOVE! Thank you for sharing all of your wonderful pics of chunks... I am so tickled that everyone is enjoying this and doing so well!!! Here's to all of you....:bow: Ya done AWESOME!!!! :)

Edited by puma52
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, pcbrook said:

Well, I have been reading and looking at all of these great pics and I have to say you guys have got me wanting to try this out now!  These look so cool!  I am always looking for something different to try.  Thanks for all of the great tips and the instructions and pictures!  :bow:

Come on pcbrook.....you can do it and will love it. Let's see YOUR chunk tart melts!! :) 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, MLG said:

Those are beautiful Terry! I'm planning on finally  making  my first batch this weekend.  We'll see how it goes :) 

Thank you MLG!  And good luck this weekend.... you can do it!!     :icon_highfive:

• Like 1

Loafs and Chunks in;  Orange Chiffon Cinnamon Buns, Ginger Ale Pomegranate, Ginger Ale Watermelon, Ginger Ale Strawberry, Peaches Strudel Spice Pie Crust.  Monday I am calling our insurance agent and seeing just how possible this might be.  Wish me luck!  

orangeloafpackaged.jpg

chunks.jpg

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Nikki said:

Loafs and Chunks in;  Orange Chiffon Cinnamon Buns, Ginger Ale Pomegranate, Ginger Ale Watermelon, Ginger Ale Strawberry, Peaches Strudel Spice Pie Crust.  Monday I am calling our insurance agent and seeing just how possible this might be.  Wish me luck!  

orangeloafpackaged.jpg

chunks.jpg

Hi Nikki!!!

Everything looks great!!! Do you mean you are talking to your insurance agent to get insurance to get your business insured and going? If that is it, I wish you all the very best and keep us posted! You do awesome work girl! :)

7 minutes ago, GoldieMN said:

WOW!  They all look great!  Are those all separate chunks in the loaf pan or an entire loaf?

Goldie

One big loaf!  It weighed in at 32 ounces, lol, so I have since purchased tiny foil pans :)  I may try and cut this thing, I haven't decided yet, it looks too pretty!  But my goal is a chunky loaf, just need to go much much smaller in size to  make it reasonable.  

orangechunk.jpg

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Nikki said:

One big loaf!  It weighed in at 32 ounces, lol, so I have since purchased tiny foil pans :)  I may try and cut this thing, I haven't decided yet, it looks too pretty!  But my goal is a chunky loaf, just need to go much much smaller in size to  make it reasonable.  

12 minutes ago, Nikki said:

orangechunk.jpg

So a customer would buy the loaf and then cut off pieces as needed?  This really looks delicious! lol

Goldie

1 hour ago, Nikki said:

orangechunk.jpg

I like, I like!!!! Beautiful! :) Heck fire girl.....your customers will buy the WHOLE loaf!! :) Yummy!!! 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, GoldieMN said:

Do you all test to see which scents work together, test melt the chuck, reformulate, test again, etc.?  And as they melt, can you detect each of those blends?  They are all so beautiful.

Goldie

Hi GoldieMN,

When I started making these...I gave some to my coworkers and asked them to try them out and tell me what they think. They melted great and smelled great....they said they loved them. Yes....I have had customers tell me that they can smell every listed scent.  It really is amazing.  :) Come on .....join us!! Let's see your chunk tart melts! :)

28 minutes ago, puma52 said:

Hi GoldieMN,

When I started making these...I gave some to my coworkers and asked them to try them out and tell me what they think. They melted great and smelled great....they said they loved them. Yes....I have had customers tell me that they can smell every listed scent.  It really is amazing.  :) Come on .....join us!! Let's see your chunk tart melts! :)

LOL  It certainly is tempting. :)

Goldie

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Nikki said:
3 hours ago, Nikki said:

orangeloafpackaged.jpg

chunks.jpg

orangechunk.jpg

Oooooo...that big ones a beauty Nikki and the scent combo sounds delish!     :thumbsup2:

• Like 2

On 3/16/2016 at 5:09 PM, puma52 said:

Gracious!!!! Lumina..... I JUST NOW remembered.....we met at the Aztec Convention last year!!!:hello: How are you doing? :) Those chunks look great ...good for you !!! I have to ask you...the Caribbean Teakwood and Himalayan Bamboo blend sound AWESOME....how do they smell together? I think I may have to try this blend. :)

They smell great together, one of my biggest sellers.

How are you doing?  I hope they have another convention this year I had a lot of fun last year.

• Like 1