Chunk Tart Melt recipes for Spring - Let's make some!

puma52

Since everyone is thinking Spring now, I thought it would be neat to start up some CHUNK recipes with our favorite fragrances.....think bright gorgeous color combos/great scent blends - NOTE COLOR SUGGESTIONS AND FRAGRANCE TO GO WITH IT please. :)  These combos do not have to be a tried and true recipe...think of combos that you think would be a beautiful blend. :) Using two, three or 4 scents altogether.

Light Green Chunks - Honeydew Melon , Light Orange Chunks - Melon Ball,  Medium Green Chunks - Cool Cucumber , OVERPOUR - Creamy White - Vanilla Ice Cream OR Vanilla Bean

Light Blue Chunks - Sea Kelp, Medium Blue Chunks - Salty Sea Air, Light Orange chunks - Sea Witch , OVERPOUR - Light Turquoise - Tonic OR Ocean Mist

Dark Tan Chunks - Tobacco, OVERPOUR - Light Tan - Leather

Light Purple Chunks - Lilac, Med Purple Chunks - Lavender , OVERPOUR - Light yellow - Daffodil

• Like 4

Think "Spring Line" a free for all recipe thread. :) 

Black Chunks - Black Vetiver Cafe, Cream Chunks - Patchouli, OVERPOUR - Red - Dragon's Blood (I like to call it Sangre De Grado)

Creamy White Chunks - Black Coconut, Medium Blue Chunks - Blue Hawaiian, OVERPOUR - Lt. Pink - Pink Sands

Light Purple Chunks - Lavender, Creamy White Chunks - Patchouli , OVERPOUR - Light Honey - Honey

Light Caramel Chunks - Cinnamon Buns, Light Yellow Chunks - Cinnamon Crunch Cake, OVERPOUR - Light Cream - Dulce De Leche

• Like 2

*Light purple chunks lavender

light blue chunks baby powder 

light yellow chunks chamomile 

overpour white in vanilla bean

*dark yellow chunks daffodil

dark purple chunks hyacinth 

dark green chunks fresh grass

overpour in white un-scented

*magenta chunks in raspberry peach magnolia

peach chunks in peach 

overpour in pink raspberry 

not it a good blender at all but this is what I came up with to try 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, moonshine said:

*Light purple chunks lavender

light blue chunks baby powder 

light yellow chunks chamomile 

overpour white in vanilla bean

*dark yellow chunks daffodil

dark purple chunks hyacinth 

dark green chunks fresh grass

overpour in white un-scented

*magenta chunks in raspberry peach magnolia

peach chunks in peach 

overpour in pink raspberry 

not it a good blender at all but this is what I came up with to try 

Fantastic! We are going to have some awesome blends by the time we are done! :)

2 minutes ago, TallTayl said:

Light purple chunks: lavender

dark purple chunks: violet

brown chunks: dirt

over pour: light green fresh cut grass

Light pink chunk: peony

dark pink chunk: tulip

light purple chunk: hyacinth

white over pour: rain

Gosh...I am loving these...you have some awesome blends there TallTayl!!

• Like 1

I'm not good at this but here goes.

Light orange chunks-mango tangerine

Light green chunks-honeydew

White over pour-Sweet Coconut

Light brown chunks-hazelnut coffee

Dark brown chunks-caramel

tan chunks-creme brûlée 

White over pour-birthday cake

Those probably don't sound very good and maybe the coffee and cake one isn't Spring but I like coffee and sweet bakery all year! LOL!

• Like 4

Oh Puma my friend you are the Queen! And ya other girls are pretty impressive too! Love ya all! :) I just love this forum and feel so blessed Peaks sponsors it! And sure appreciate all the people who take time out of their busy schedules to keep it going for us! Thank you thank you thank you!! :);) 

• Like 5

Do you think it would pay to buy the chunk mold from BCN? It's like $30 but wondering if it'd save time? But maybe it's just easier to do your way, Puma? I think I waited to long to cut them and just seemed like it didn't cut up too nice. I mean it worked but I just don't know. Also maybe didn't have the right wax combo??

• Like 2

I cheated and bought that mold! Lol

got it yesterday and plan to play tomorrow 

then I bought some shallower non stick pans to throw the chunks in and add over pour - I had the throw away tins in my hand but Kroger had these pans by 2 get one free so it was 10.00 for three pans that I can use exclusively for chunks 

• Like 3

I bought little rectangle silicone molds from ebay for a couple of bucks. The twenty rectangle one in this listing is what i use, but can't recall the seller.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Silicone-Ice-Cube-Candy-Chocolate-Cake-Cookie-Cupcake-Soap-Molds-Mould-DIY-Mold-/252028607450?var=&hash=item3aae135bda:m:mw5MikcZt1MXYhe8IqlC6Pw

i have several that i line up when making chunk candles. You could probably find the small squares (or any shape really) in this type on ebay easily.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, moonshine said:

I cheated and bought that mold! Lol

got it yesterday and plan to play tomorrow 

then I bought some shallower non stick pans to throw the chunks in and add over pour - I had the throw away tins in my hand but Kroger had these pans by 2 get one free so it was 10.00 for three pans that I can use exclusively for chunks 

Did you try it just cutting them up yourself? Will you let us know if ya think it's worth investing in the molds or just cutting them up? ;) 

Long long time ago when I made chunk votives I did cut them myself and it was a mess- I had flakes everywhere I think I waited to long and didn't cut when still soft plus I used PB this time around I am using 4625

but yes I will let you know how it goes - they may look too perfect in this mold not sure yet- I love Pumas look of different sizes!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Belinda said:

I'm not good at this but here goes.

Light orange chunks-mango tangerine

Light green chunks-honeydew

White over pour-Sweet Coconut

Light brown chunks-hazelnut coffee

Dark brown chunks-caramel

tan chunks-creme brûlée 

White over pour-birthday cake

Those probably don't sound very good and maybe the coffee and cake one isn't Spring but I like coffee and sweet bakery all year! LOL!

You did awesome girl!! :) Your blends are awesome!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TallTayl said:

Have bee giving thought to a petrichor blend for Whovians.

needs an ozone, humus, wet wood, and "something". But not a typical spring rain perfumey blend bearing the name. 

ok TallTayl...were your hands on the wrong keys? What is a Whovians? :lol:

Sounds like we need to work on a blend? :)

3 hours ago, Daisymay66 said:

Do you think it would pay to buy the chunk mold from BCN? It's like $30 but wondering if it'd save time? But maybe it's just easier to do your way, Puma? I think I waited to long to cut them and just seemed like it didn't cut up too nice. I mean it worked but I just don't know. Also maybe didn't have the right wax combo??

I don't know what to tell ya Daisymay LOL ...once this ole chick figures out one thing, she pretty much needs to stay on task pretty much that way. :) Actually the way I have always made chunk candles is the way that I make these..it is and has been ingrained in me for years to do it this way. That mold just might be an awesome way to git er done quicker which would be a great thing and would enable you to get more product out there for sale ! :)

Edited by puma52

6 hours ago, TallTayl said:

TallTayl, thank you for sharing this link! I have one silicone chunk mold but the person I bought it from doesn't sell on eBay anymore so I am happy to see this! I just ordered two! Thank you again 

• Like 1