64 oz jars

Fillmore has them. :) 

Are you going to get one and try and wick?  I think that is so cool if you do and please do report your findings as to what wicks and how many you are trying or going with.  I for one am very interested as I pretty much make BIG containers.  

Let me say "Good luck to you in finding your wick"......as I've been trying for a while now.  I tried 3 wicks and they got the jar too hot.  I'm trying 2 wicks now.  But being that the jar has 4 shoulders, it is a bugger wicking I have to say,

Trappeur

Hi Daisy,

Which jar were you thinking of trying?  The Heritage, Montana or Cracker jar?

I don't know if you know, but Fillmore sends out samples of jars free.  You just pay for shipping.  I ordered  one of the Cracker jars and they sent it free.  Shipping wasn't much as I got it with some other things I ordered.  I really should have tried the Montana or Heritage as the shoulders are not as severe as the on the Cracker thus holding in the heat and that is why I'm having trouble with wicking this jar (3 wicks).  I like the Montana because the lid is not glass and come with either a black or silver lid.  Now after seeing your post I'm going to get one of the Montana's. lol  4 wicks is too many I believe.  The big companies that offer this jar on their websites are Crossroads, Keystone and Blackcrow sell them retail from  28.95 to 58.00.  You'll have give or take in that jar about 20.00 invested in it but it's a huge jar with 4 pounds of wax in it.  I don't know if your selling or keeping for yourself, but you can do it!  Did you ever see the Cracker Jar I did? Here's a picture of it.  What I love about this jar is the area where you can put a 3" square label on it and it's so perfect and you can finish the lid in any finish like what I did here in a rustic sand textured finish.  LIke I said, I thought I had the wicking down on it but after repeated testings, I really wasn't satisfied with the wicking, so I'm still testing, testing, testing! ha!

Trappeur 

CIMG3170.jpg

f4723de4-5d6d-4d6c-be25-a1efaafb3ccf.jpg

• Like 4

That is a beautiful jar.....a wicking nightmare for me as I have never had luck with more than 1 wick ever but those sure would go great with my square Mason's.....

Thats why I went with that jar for that reason being that I do tons and tons of 16 oz. Masons.

Trappeur

I wonder if there is a wick out there to be able to burn that sucker just using 1

Years ago I had premier send me out samples of wicks and there were so many I never heard of and they were blow torches in my little square mason.....I will have to look and see what they were and request a sample of that jar

It's so beautiful- I haven't come across a large jar I have liked at all

I wonder if there is a wick out there to be able to burn that sucker just using 1

Years ago I had premier send me out samples of wicks and there were so many I never heard of and they were blow torches in my little square mason.....I will have to look and see what they were and request a sample of that jar

It's so beautiful- I haven't come across a large jar I have liked at all

lol, Moonshine!  It would have to be a blow torch.....lol  I'm doing 2 large wicks now for a test.  I just love the jar and some companies do make that jar as candle, but I have never ordered one to test. 

Here is a picture of the Montana jar that I think I would have better success at as I do extremely large crystal pieces that are 5,6, 7, 8" round and I have wickings down on these size containers.  It comes with a black or silver lid, but you could spray the lids if you didt like the black or silver, but I do like the lids that come with it

H96711R_1.jpg

Edited by Trappeur

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, I was checking out glass jars all around on the web, and I found some good deals. This week at Hobbylobby.com, they have 50% off of Glass Decor. That includes all their glass jars, of which they have many, many varieties. They have the 64 oz Cracker Jar going for $5.00, and the 32 oz at $4.50.  I don't know what their shipping is like, but I plan to stop at the local store. Next, you should check out Kmart.com. They have the Montana Jar with red lids in 3 sizes. The smallest one (48 ozs) is only 10.99 AND shipping is free over $35. HTH

Georgialee

• Like 1

Well, I got back from Hobby lobby and have to say I wasn't impressed. The jars with lids had the plastic flange thingy looking all cockeyed (turned up here, and down there (very unappealing looking). I think they make the flanges too long. And the glass wasn't that great looking on a lot of them. Then, several also said "Made in China" right on the bottoms in glass lettering. The Cracker Jars by AH looked fine though, and so did the Montana Jars there (They had the black or was it dark brown lids).