Western Labels for New Account

Trappeur

Have a new western store I designed some labels for,  for my candles.   Now just have to figure out which label?

Which one do you like best?  Any critiqing please advise......I'm open to all suggestions...Thanks!

Trappeur

#1:

view.jpg

#2:

view%202.jpg

#3:

view%201.jpg

#4:view%203.jpg

• Like 1

I definitely love #2 but #1 would be nice too if you changed the scent font to be the same as the soy font (as in #2).

I really like the carved leather look but also like the deer scene. I just think the leather looks more western. Definitely keep the western font for your company name. Looks real thar good, pardner!! Yeehaaw!!

Edited by Candybee

I definitely love #2 but #1 would be nice too if you changed the scent font to be the same as the soy font (as in #2).

I really like the carved leather look but also like the deer scene. I just think the leather looks more western. Definitely keep the western font for your company name. Looks real thar good, pardner!! Yeehaaw!!

okey, dokey,.....is this what you mean?

I like it too Candybee.   The font that I had chosen was another western style font, which was what I was trying to keep in the label, but with my name; Trappeur's Lodge in the western font, I guess that should make enough statement of a western label even though it is a wilderness scene.  But it is ok, because I know the owner of the shop doesn't really care what design I come up with as they left it up to me.  And too, it was kind of hard to read the other font in the fragrance name.  So yes, I do like changing it.  And too when you look at all these labels, I know the fonts all look big, but you have to keep in mind this is a small 1 1/2"square label and with my experience of designing all these labels, I have to make the fonts as big as I can get, and they really do look great after printed.  I sure wish Zazzle would come up with a bigger square label....Gosh, I've asked them enough times....maybe one day they will offer it, so in the mean time I have to work with what they offer and they don't have much, but what they do have I have made everyone work so far....lol.

I too love #1 the wilderness and #2.......These were my choices....

The jar is going to be a 16oz canning jar with the old timey black lid and either a leather tie around the neck tied into a knot or rough natural twine wrapped around the neck a few times and tied off in a knot.

Thanks for your suggestion Candybee!

Trappeur

view%204.jpg

• Like 1

lol, pardner.....ridem cowboy!

Guest OldGlory

pfffffft!

You've got my number, don't you? I am always the odd woman out but "I calls 'em as I sees 'em". And I think my aesthetic is a bit different. I don't like a lot of symmetry.

Ok, here are my thoughts:

I don't like the wilderness graphic with the bold outline or heavy black black font. I love the graphic though.

I love the richness of the embossed leather against the black, either in the outline, partial outline, or overlay. To me, that's a good fit.

But, I don't like the fonts. And I find myself wanting to add a little distress to either the embossed leather or the black.

I think I'm having an indecisive day! LMBO

Actually-- I guess I didn't say exactly what I meant. If you use the same font set up you have on #2 and do that on #1. Soooo, the western font would be your company name at the top and the location name at the bottom, with the simpler font for both the candle scent and soy type. Hope that makes better sense.

I am with OG on label #1. I would like it better with the font changes I suggested above and with less black border. The deer scene is lovely but again for a western theme I really think the leather carries that flavor better than the deer scene.

If I were going to do a scenic label I would do one with a cowboy on a horse with his cowboy hat on. Sort of a "on the trail" type scene. Or maybe an old rustic western town front, an old chuckwagon, horseshoes, or something that conveys western scenery.

Edited by Candybee

Well, that's ok Old Glory! lol, lol.....hey!, everyone has an opinion......I was waiting for yours and here it is! lol, lol

So......you don't like the fonts? hmmmmm...too bold?

Now I could see the leather distressed..yep...like it's old, been around...I could relate to that and black distressed? hmmmmm..I'll have to see if I could

find a distressed black or leather.

But thankyou Old Glory....

Trappeur

I also like #1 & #2.  (GA. shouldn't have the "." )  I know, these aren't final; just caught that.

Goldie

Geesh, I didn't know that?  So no period?  I think it looks better not abbreviated but when I didn't abbreviate Ga the label wasn't balanced.....

Thanks Goldie.

Trappeur