Constructive Feedback Please?

e911

So after a few troubles starting out, I think I've got this down.  Here is my latest batch.  Since I don't have alot of storage room, I only make them in pairs.  Looking for some constructive feedback.  These are all 100% soy with a c-75 wick with 1/2Tbsp of Vybar, 9oz of wax per jar, 1oz-1.25oz fragrance oils, 3-5 drops dye.  Brown-Home for the Holidays from Peak, Green- Macintosh Apple from Peak, Purple-Lilac from Peak, Freshly poured two in the back- Spring Rain from Peak (which smells amazing!!)  The brown was poured at 140*, Green at 145$, purple @150*, and the two in the back were at 155*.  The wax melt was poured at 125*.

Thank you everyone.

11233333_10205028992304486_7180181595762 1919112_10205028992464490_52859648041595 12391888_10205028992664495_90949275160781456739_10205028992824499_79628056819463

Ecosoya Container Blend Advanced is what I used.  I have some of the pillar blend (i think) for my wax melts, haven't tried it in a container yet, not sure if I should!  Well if all goes according to plan, these will be up for sale soon.

And yes! It is.  Now if only I could get my website working correctly, I'd be in great shape!

So far so good.  I'm getting about 95% melt pool.  About 1/8" left at the very edges, but if it's left burning long enough it melts away.  I'm afraid to step up the wick as i'm afraid it will cause the glass to get too hot.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I actually have a few questions for you. If you dont mind that is. 

*What size jar is that? 10oz? Also, is it the Country Comfort Apothecary? It looks very similar to the ones I just ordered from Fillmore but I got the 8oz and the 160z. I was looking for a 10oz version but couldnt find one.

*What are those 4 posted white wick holders called and if possible link me to where you purchased them. they look fantastic and it appears they work very well. All your wicks look dead center. Well done!

The ONLY criticism i could offer is that if you plan to sell these at any point, there is something about the Mac Apple candle color that doesnt sit well. To me, a Mac Apple candle should and always is a shade of Red. Even if you had a Green Apple FO instead of Mac Apple, that green is more of a pastel than a true green. Customers might be confused by sight when picking up a pastel green candle that smells like a red apple. 

Other than that, these look the way I want mine to look lol. Im new to this. Like, first month into it kinda new. And these candles look like what I want my end product to look. Great job and you now have me curious about the Spring Rain FO  :D

Clear Black, its the 8oz Colonial Jar from Peak.  When filled, it holds 9oz of wax to the start of the "neck" of the jar if that makes sense.  You could probably get 10oz in these but it would be nearly full.  Those are the wick centering bar's from Peak (noticing a theme here? ha!)  You can purchase them here.  I also used the glue pot and glue chunks to put a dab of glue to the wicks and pressed them to the jars.

Ya I realized that the green wasn't what I wanted, but I used those as a part of a burn test.  They would normally be a deep red, but you're right, they would be confused, lord knows I would be!

The spring rain FO is amazing.  I have a buyer lined up for those two once my insurance paperwork gets figured out.  The person took one whiff and said I want them all and I want more.  Soooo, apparently its good? :)

gail164 I use Peak's liquid dye.  I wanted something easy and non-messy.  They work amazing.

The spring rain FO is amazing.  I have a buyer lined up for those two once my insurance paperwork gets figured out.  The person took one whiff and said I want them all and I want more.  Soooo, apparently its good? :)

"Item is temporarily out of stock" Looks like somebody got there before me! Drat  :o