What is mold cleaner?

I've never actually bought any. My guess was that this stuff is citrus degreaser, which is sold for many other purposes too. Usually if you buy it labeled for a special purpose, such as bicycle degreaser, you get less and pay more. The cheapest way to buy it that I know of is simply to pick up some Orange Glo concentrate.

Or I may be wrong and it's not citrus degreaser.

I don't smell any citrus in mine, but it definitely works the same. Not sure if it's special for molds (compared to other degreasers) but it works awesome. Only takes a little bit and dissolves the wax left in the mold.

I never did find much use for my mold cleaner, TBO. I ended up selling it in the classifieds. I have a much better time w/ a heat gun and paper towels, or a paint chipper to get wax up. Just my preference, though. One less thing to buy ;)

My mold cleaner works awesome! Sometimes I use the heat gun and paper towels too, but inevitably, I burn the crud out of my hands from the mold getting too hot. I wear a pot holder to hold the mold, but the hand that reaches in to get cleaned always gets burned! I know, I should buy some dishwashing gloves or something...but I like the mold cleaner! LOL

I basically do heat and paper towels, but I was curious if there just happens to be "mold cleaner" lying around the house.

I suppose it's not all the same thing, but the description on a few suppliers' sites sounded a lot like citrus degreaser, so after posting that note I tried Orange Glo on a some aluminum molds. Certainly doesn't do any harm and seems effective at removing FO residue. Also found a bit of wax residue on the floor but it didn't work on that. Is mold cleaner supposed to remove wax?

I use a mold cleaner and paper towels. I'm with Trish when I use a heat gun always burn my hands. The cleaner that I use removes wax and fragrance smells from the molds and I also use it in my pouring pots to clean them.

I have them all....way too many.....the citrus cleaners do the same thing. I personally like them. I always have some mixed with water in a spray bottle to clean kitchen surfaces and some wood counter tops. I use WD40 to clean molds too. It isn't toxic and can clean almost anything. Even good for arthritis and tick bites....it is a secret and has been since it was invented. The guy that made it said that there isn't anything in it that can hurt you. Only 4 people know the formula. It cleans just about everything, absorbs moisture from car parts and air planes, and candle molds so they won't rust. I have a problem with my large star molds getting rust in the seams....so now when I unmold a candle, I spray a little WD40 down the seam and let it just sit there until I am ready to use it again...just wipe it out.....as far as burning your fingers or hands when cleaning a mold.....I use a giant wooden kintting needle......spray some pam into the mold and stuff in a paper towel and use the needle to reach down to the bottom and edges to get it clean.....this is why I have such a clutterred house.....I save everthing.....have no idea where that one knitting needle came from...just found it in the attic one day. I joined Flylady.net last year (250,000) members now and she really got me off of my butt and more organized....my closet is still neat . Flylady stands for (Finally learning to love yourself).....really a good place to go if you need help organizing your house or yourself. She (and her family) drive the rules into you until you can't forget them....helps me to keep my candle stuff in the right place too.....just 5 minutes here and 5 minutes there and once in a great while 15 minutes can change your life. Oh...here I go again on my soap box....but I am a passionate person and just can't help myself. I figure that now that I am old....I must pass on something of use to someone.....why take it all with me????????????????? Or maybe I should...does anyone really care!