Crystal candles I made for gifts

Trappeur

I thought I would share pictures of what I made this week for gifts. 

I found these 2 crystal pieces on ebay .  They are not vintage but new.  I won these 2 pieces and decided to make as a thankyou gift for the 2 owners of the apple orchard account I landed back in July.  I wanted to show my appreciation of all the business I get from them weekly.....  I hope they like...I did them in their favorite scents they said they loved.....one in Lemon Verbena (Flaming) and one in Orange Chili Pepper (CS).

They are a good size and almost 5" diameter so I double wicked them.

CIMG3653.jpg

This is how I finish off the tops

CIMG3647_1.jpg

CIMG3650.jpg

Now this is a very old vintage candy dish that I won off ebay for 99 cents!  Can't believe I did as it was listed for 45.00 but no one bid on it but me, so I was a happy camper when I won this piece.  I have a fetish for anything pine cones or pine trees so I was keeping this piece for myself until my sister saw a picture of it and she just loved it....soooooo her birthday is coming up Nov. 5 and I'm going to surprize her with this...I know she will love it as much as I do.

CIMG3662.jpg

CIMG3667.jpg

CIMG3670.jpg

Here is another beauty I won on ebay...

CIMG3675_1.jpg

CIMG3679.jpg

More crystal finds.....

CIMG3599.jpg

CIMG3717.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Trappeur

• Like 6

Why thankyou Mzphee.......Actually I picked up 2 jars at Dollar Tree that just opened up here and happen to look down and saw these cubes and bought them.  But I bought them for me, not to sell....I know you can buy these type jars at a few suppliers if I wanted to sell them...but they don't come with lids.  They are 3" wide.   The picture of it has 2 wicks not 3.  I did one jar in 2 cd5 wicks and 1 in 1cd14...The cd5 had too deep a melt pool and the cd14 was a good one.  I really think you need 2 wicks for this jar though.  I'm going to try 2 premiers if I could figure out where there would be a good starting point.

Trappeur

• 1 year later...

Hi Trappeur ... I love your crystal candles! Just a quick question , do you still test each jar? How do you know what wick to do if they are all different?! I am having enough trouble with just one large jar!! LOL