Favorite Fall Scents

MLG

I see you are thinking ahead for your show! That's the spirit!

There are plenty of threads you can find by searching 'fall scents'. Having said that, each year can be a little different as scents and tastes change so I think its reasonable to have fresh discussions on whats new or what others like and use.

I haven't started working on my fall scents but here are a few of the ones I have successfully sold in the past:

Apple Cinnamon

Apples & Maple Bourbon

Pumpkin Brulee

Cranberry Orange Spice

Pomegranate Cider

Bayberry Spice

Gingerbread

Fall Leaves

Hazelnut Vanilla

Sugar Cookie

Cinnamon Stick

Pumpkin Brulee

Pumpkin Cornbread

When I think of fall I think of falling leaves, cinnamon, clove, pumpkins, cranberries, apple cider. Thanksgiving and Holloween are a part of the fall so you can include:

Candy Corn

Spiced Cranberries

Apple Cider

Pumpkin Pie

Don't forget some florals and wood scents. I sell the heck out of:

Lavender

Honeysuckle Rose

Sandalwood Vanilla

Cedar Garland

Mistletoe

• Like 1

Guest OldGlory

And don't hesitate to blend FOs - one of my favorite fall scents is a blend of a great pumpkin pie with a stout coffee = Pumpkin Spice Coffee or Latte. I think Starb*cks sells a lot of that in the fall. I think I would like a cranberry with spiced apple... haven't tried that yet.

The best way I know to blend is to have a small bottle, break a few qtips in half, then one qtip at a time, dip it into a frag. oil and drop it in the bottle. Add as many as you want in your blend. Maybe 3 of one FO, and 2 of another FO, or however you want to start. Let it sit a few days, then open it up and smell it. You can add more/different qtips as needed. Then just follow the same procedure with the same measurements of the FOs. And write it down so you can duplicate it later.

I forgot one of the newer scents that came out last year was Pumpkin Apple.

Definitely have a pumpkin and an apple scent. Better to have more than one of each as these are the huge fall sellers.

I also forgot to add Apple Butter. In the fall we have huge craft shows that make and sell apple butter. They make them in those huge copper kettles with a ten foot wooden paddle to stir it while it cooks.

Kettle Corn is another or any kind of sweet popcorn scent.

OG I love blending scents and one scent I love to blend is a latte type scent; Pumpkin Latte or Pumpkin Cappuccino, Gingerbread Latte or Gingerbread Cappuccino, or mix all three; Pumpkin Gingerbread Latte.

Another big fall seller is French Vanilla Latte, or Cafe Au Lait, Chocolate Bean Expresso, Salted Caramel Macchiato, Viennese Cinnamon.. get the idea? Mix something up and give it a clever coffee brew name like I listed or think of your own! Its fun!

• Like 5

Guest OldGlory

YES!! It is what it is lmbo! I say that all the time and people look at me like I'm a looney tune.

Hey, one more month til school is back, then labor day, and then the mad rush to make the fall stuff here in the mid-atlantic region. Before you know it, our suppliers will be sold out of our best sellers. Ack, horrible thought. So, pretty much 2 months til we ( in this area ) hit our peak season.

I second the All Hallow's Eve, to me it's Fall in a bottle. (IMHO) and Peaks Cranberry Apple Marmalade.......mmmmmmm

Who makes a good all hallows eve?  Never tried it....you got me curious...and of course I NEED to buy more FO's  :)

Candybee, All Hallows Eve is a fruity, citrus scent. I love it! I get mine from ICS, and I think BCN sells one that's called all hallows eve too. Theirs is described as apple, citrus, spice and pumpkin. It seems like I've smelled both and they're very similar from what I remember. 

• Like 3

Who makes a good all hallows eve?  Never tried it....you got me curious...and of course I NEED to buy more FO's   :)

Hi franu61!

I have only used BCN and I just love it!  I call it Harvest Moon. I make it in a light orange color or do black wax chunks overpoured with the light orange color..they turn out so pretty..it is just a wonderful Fall scent! :)

• Like 4

Hi franu61!

I have only used BCN and I just love it!  I call it Harvest Moon. I make it in a light orange color or do black wax chunks overpoured with the light orange color..they turn out so pretty..it is just a wonderful Fall scent! :)

Oh my, that must be sooooo pretty!  You have any pictures?

Trappeuyr

• Like 1

Candybee and Puma......you forgot to mention where you got those fabulous scents....lol, lol......I love every single one of them!!!!.....

Hey, if you don't want to devulge out the info, I more than understand.....but thought I would ask....Now that people are starting to talk about fall, I guess I need to get my butt in action, because I did land that apple orchard account and must say it has been so wonderful for me, I never thought it could be that awesome and I know they will be ready for fall scents pretty soon.

Trappeur

• Like 1

Oh my, that must be sooooo pretty!  You have any pictures?

Trappeuyr

100_1662smallerdefusethisone-muchbetter.

Hey Trappeur,

I know that this is not a great picture, but the orange candle has lime green chunks in it overpoured with orange (I would do just a little lighter on the orange even to make the lime stand out more) and I put beach type wax embeds on the top. I will need to get some of the chunk candles made up and take pics. They turn out so nice. You can do like dark chocolate chunks overpoured w/a medium cream colored wax and on and on. They are just so pretty and stand out. :)

• Like 2

Candybee and Puma......you forgot to mention where you got those fabulous scents....lol, lol......I love every single one of them!!!!.....

Hey, if you don't want to devulge out the info, I more than understand.....but thought I would ask....Now that people are starting to talk about fall, I guess I need to get my butt in action, because I did land that apple orchard account and must say it has been so wonderful for me, I never thought it could be that awesome and I know they will be ready for fall scents pretty soon.

Trappeur

Yes! We must ALL get our butts in action. As a matter of fact, after next weekend's Aztec Candle Convention, I shall be getting my butt going. My best-sellers are the Harvest (BCN), Pumpkin Cheesecake (WAS BCS, now @ BCN and I sure do hope that it is the exact same recipe else I am in trouble *shudder* ) , Hillbilly Home Brew (NG), Pumpkin Souffle AND Pumpkin Pie (I do a blend 50/50 and call it Pumpkin Souffle.....smells so awesome!)  (CS), and I forgot to mention Spiced Cranberry (TCS-AWESOME!), and Baked Apples (ICS-AWESOME!) I love all of these! Throw is the bomb! :) This is just the best season coming up! Can't wait! :)

• Like 3

I see you are thinking ahead for your show! That's the spirit!

There are plenty of threads you can find by searching 'fall scents'. Having said that, each year can be a little different as scents and tastes change so I think its reasonable to have fresh discussions on whats new or what others like and use.

I haven't started working on my fall scents but here are a few of the ones I have successfully sold in the past:

Apple Cinnamon - I blend CS Macintosh Apple w/Cinnamon Stick

Apples & Maple Bourbon - CS

Pumpkin Brulee - Blend of Creme Brulee with any of your fav pumpkin

Cranberry Orange Spice - CS Cranberry Marmalade w/C&S Orange

Pomegranate Cider - CS

Bayberry Spice - C&S Bayberry Apple Spice

Gingerbread - BW Honey Gingerbread

Fall Leaves

Hazelnut Vanilla - CS

Sugar Cookie

Cinnamon Stick - CS

Pumpkin Brulee - CS

Pumpkin Cornbread - BW

When I think of fall I think of falling leaves, cinnamon, clove, pumpkins, cranberries, apple cider. Thanksgiving and Holloween are a part of the fall so you can include:

Candy Corn - C&S

Spiced Cranberries

Apple Cider

Pumpkin Pie - CS

Don't forget some florals and wood scents. I sell the heck out of:

Lavender - CS

Honeysuckle Rose - CS Honeysuckle jasmine and Red Rose

Sandalwood Vanilla

Cedar Garland - Fillmore

Mistletoe - CS

I posted the suppliers I get the FOs from for those that wanted them. Some are my own blends.

• Like 2

Puma your candles are gorgeous! I love the overpours. I do this with one of my candles during the holidays. I do a chocolate fudge brownie with caramel and use 'chocolate' chunks in it. Customers love, love, love the chunks! Sorry, I don't have any pics.

• Like 1

Oh aren't they just beautiful your candles in the status jars!  Those status jars are just so elegant.  I love to make candles in those jars.  I And your colors are gorgeous.   I just love your work...... You are so talented.

Thankyou for putting up pictures Puma.

Trappeur

• Like 1

Puma your candles are gorgeous! I love the overpours. I do this with one of my candles during the holidays. I do a chocolate fudge brownie with caramel and use 'chocolate' chunks in it. Customers love, love, love the chunks! Sorry, I don't have any pics.

Thank you......you know Candybee the chunk candles are underrated.....we DO need to get some made and get pics up. The chunk candles are so simple to make and they are outstanding. :)

Edited by puma52

Oh aren't they just beautiful your candles in the status jars!  Those status jars are just so elegant.  I love to make candles in those jars.  I And your colors are gorgeous.   I just love your work...... You are so talented.

Thankyou for putting up pictures Puma.

Trappeur

Thanks Trappeur! I took a poll from my customers and they said they did not like the labels on this jar....I TOTALLY agreed! :) It makes for a beautiful lit jar that can be seen and enjoyed from all sides.  I put a pretty label on top of the lid and put the warning label on the bottom of the jar. Labels on SOME jars.....just sometimes does not look right and this definitely is one of them. :)

I'm with you Puma52! I LOVE Fall! I'm shopping for some new Fall scents as we speak! Don't know why I don't just use what I have, but we all know we just HAVE to have new ones for ever season! LOL!

Never fear Belinda......there are a ton of us just like you girl! We have bottles we need to use up and before we know it, the next season is rolling in and we are off buying more scent.....ahhhhh....it is just the nature of the beast we all deal with huh? I have made peace with that beast and go buy what I want. :laugh2:

Edited by puma52
  • Like 2