How do you cut 4625?

Guest OldGlory

I use a chisel and hammer and break off chunks. Since I will be weighing it before I melt it, I break off pieces of all sizes.

It can be a great stress reliever, lol.

I can tell you how not too...don't use a electric knife! Lol

Thought I was one up getting one and 4625 is just too hard- I triple garbage bagged it and threw it on the concrete floor 100 times- some chunks are still too big but it worked somewhat

I just bought some 4625 for the first time, how in the heck do you cut this stuff? It's like concrete!!

I have used this wax for years and I use a big screwdriver and hammer.  Just place the screwdriver tip (head) about 3" from the side of the wax and pound the top of the screwdriver with a hammer ..... chiseling away.  The pieces will just break off of the 10# slab using this method. As you can tell....many of us have tangled with this wax.....and we won.  :)

Edited by puma52
  • Like 2

I used to slam it on my driveway until the echo sounded like a gunshot and my SWAT neighbor came around the corner with his gun drawn! LOL 

Now I just prop it up against something and hit it with a hammer. I also keep hitting it until I have chunks of all sizes so it's easier to weigh. 

• Like 2