Bescented - yumm

Jcandleattic

I just received my first order from Bescented. It was a small order, but I love the products. I got Pear & Pomegranate, oh man, that smells so good. I also got Burst of Energy and it smells so good! i'll be looking forward to ordering more in the future. Fast, excellent condition and good prices. 

I also got some mica and small spatulas. The micas are gorgeous. 3 different reds and an emerald. Cannot wait to soap them. 

Anyway, the point of this post is - has anyone really used any of her FO's? If so which ones would you recommend? I only got the 2 but would love to eventually get more. 

Her website is atrocious, but I can look past that if the quality of her oils end up being as good as I've heard they are. 

I am so happy they are in VA! Now I have a supplier in my state! Woohoo! Well, I think Soapalooza is in VA too?

They didn't seem to have that many FOs. Most of them were for men? But I am hoping they will get more in. Are they new? I am interested in the men's Suit and Tie and Comforter FOs. They sound like they might be good.

I love the hot pink, magenta, and pink flamingo micas. Can you tell I love pink? LOL Which red micas did you get?

• Like 1

I am so happy they are in VA! Now I have a supplier in my state! Woohoo! Well, I think Soapalooza is in VA too?

They didn't seem to have that many FOs. Most of them were for men? But I am hoping they will get more in. Are they new? I am interested in the men's Suit and Tie and Comforter FOs. They sound like they might be good.

I love the hot pink, magenta, and pink flamingo micas. Can you tell I love pink? LOL Which red micas did you get?

They are new, and it is one woman (Jennifer Ward from Sunds 'n Such, LLC) working out of her home. 

Let's see. I got the Emerald green like I said, and also the Deep Rose mica, Red Raspberry mica and the Red Rose(True red) mica. the Red Raspberry is gorgeous!! It's got a pink hue to it, you would probably like it. 

• Like 1

I saw a raspberry one and loved it! Ooooh! I want the true red one too. You have to soap that and show pics of the color. I am hoping it really gets that pretty red and not the earthy mud colored red like red oxide. Don't get me wrong, I love red oxide but to me its not a true red. I reminds me of those clay pots you buy for houseplants.

Haha! Now I see why you said its an atrocious webssite. I didn't see the main listing for FOs. You have to keep scrolling way down to see them. Weird. If it were my website I would have them front and center!

Anyway, these are now on my wish list:

Orange Ultra

Floating Island

Agave Lime

American Cream

Clean 'n Fresh

Daisy

Forever Red

Gold Rush

Ice Blue

Snow Fairy

Suit & Tie

Olive Branch

Some of these descriptions sound amazing. I love that they have CP results info. Will definitely be trying some of these out!

She has a youtube video of her testing all the scents in CP (of course her recipe is probably different than yours) but I refuse to watch her videos. LOL 

They are as bad as her website - she has her kids running around screaming (playing, but screaming) while she makes soap, and nope!! I can't abide by that, so I don't watch anymore. 

I'm interested in the suit and tie, and also the Agave Lime. Not sure why I didn't get any last time, I think I was was impulse buying and wanted to try the red micas more than anything so wasn't really thinking scent... 

Next time. 

• Like 1

:o  Something told me not to click on this post...now I'm going to have to try some of her fos, I was looking for something different for Spring & Summer and some

of these sound great! Hopefully shipping doesn't kill me to the West Coast..prices on fo were not bad.

I have been following along the FB group. Her business was based on fragrance dupes and recently started expanding to colorants, etc. Someone sends in an ounce of FO, she has it duped and sells it. The videos and photos on that site show it very soon after cutting. Many discolor more over time, but are not updated to show that.

Make sure you request IFRA certificates before purchasing FO intended for skin use. Some, like You Snap The Whip, ended up with very, very low (less than 0.5%) usage rates for soap and other skin use.

Someone above wrote that it is too soon to have feedback. That is true. While they may soap easily, there is little to no feedback about fading.

• Like 2

You make a good point TT. I tend to buy FOs that have IFRA certificates and MSDS sheets available. Additionally, I also look at reviews both from the company that sells them and the customers that try them out. Even then you can't always count on it behaving the way you want but it sure helps with feedback and usage info.

• Like 1

Keep in mind that there are only a half dozen or so fragrance manufacturers in the US, many of her oils are avilable from other websites. The ones she has had duped may be only on her site though. I try to look at the whole picture when I purchase a fragrance oil, the IFRA certificate is important to me since I do mostly soap, I also look at shipping costs, how the oil is packaged, and who else carries the same FO.

• Like 1