No wick tabs on tea lights?

I've always been curious but never asked till now.  Why do so many make tea lights and not use a stickum to secure the wick?  I've always used a stickum as they are shallow enough the tea lights and the wicks sure do move around.  Is there some special reason that lots of people don't?  

Trappeur

I simply let the wick tab stick on its own after I center it in the tea light container. Personally I don't see the sense in glueing it with a stickum, glue, etc.  I pour my wax first, then wick them. I double check to make sure they are centered, then let them cool.

The wicks typically burn without 'traveling' unlike regular container candles which can travel quite a bit. With a tea light if the wick does end up traveling it doesn't seem to hurt the candle that much cause of its small size.

Edited by Candybee

I always glue my wick down in my tea lights, as I've seen first hand what can happen.  I have glass tea light holders and  years ago since I was just gonna make some for my own use, I didn't glue down the wick.  About 2 hours into burning, the wick did actually wander to the edge of the metal mold, which in turn was touching the side of the glass tea light holder and it ended up exploding from the heat.  Never again........now I always glue my wicks!! 

I use the plastic tea light cups.  They have a depression where the wick sits and some have tiny little bumps around the wick tab and so the wicks don't travel.

I pour a tiny bit of wax into the cup, then stick the wick in place and that wax sets up as I then pour the whole thing and then go back over and lightly push the wick into the center.  I have never had them fall over or travel on me. 

I gotta admit I never thought about the wick traveling in that small container I just use sticky tabs to make things go more quickly for me.  I don't have the patience to keep checking the wicks as the wax sets up to see

if centered, especially if you're pouring 100+ at a time.