Glitter to camouflage wet spots

cynthia3030

These containers contained terrible wet spots. After much deliberation I decided to put glitter on them to sort of hide the wet spots. These are the 21oz, 12oz and 8oz metro/status containers. One picture shows the finished containers in bags with bows. These are not very good pictures. First time blinging containers and first time posting pictures.

post-12750-139458514726_thumb.jpg

post-12750-139458514751_thumb.jpg

post-12750-139458514774_thumb.jpg

post-12750-139458514798_thumb.jpg

Personally, I'd rather buy a candle with wet spots than a candle with glitter that may eventually clog the wick. And does the average customer even know what a wet spot is?

First of all, the glitter is on the outside of the containers. Secondly, glitter doesn't clog wicks, especially the amount used on these containers. Thirdly, my family/friends/customers know what wet spots are and they don't see many of them very often on my containers.

Lastly, I would strongly encourage you to read this very forum for more information on the effects of glitter on containers.

First of all, the glitter is on the outside of the containers. Secondly, glitter doesn't clog wicks, especially the amount used on these containers. Thirdly, my family/friends/customers know what wet spots are and they don't see many of them very often on my containers.

Lastly, I would strongly encourage you to read this very forum for more information on the effects of glitter on containers.[/QUOTE]

I don't need to mask my container candles with ANYTHING......period. If you want to use glitter to cover up flaws in your candles then go for it.

Those are really pretty! I can tell a lot of work went into those :-) I don't think most people care though, so don't stress out too much about it. I look at candles I used to buy from Wal-Mart and can't believe I never noticed how poorly made they were, I think we freak out because we know what all the imperfections are now ;-) Thanks for sharing your creations!

Thank you all for looking at my pics upside down and sideways and backwards. The next time I will attach better pics. I appreciate the compliments. Oh, almost forgot, all of the blinged candles are sold.

ChandlerWicks, how ya doing?

Edited by cynthia3030

Lastly, I would strongly encourage you to read this very forum for more information on the effects of glitter on containers.[/QUOTE]

I don't need to mask my container candles with ANYTHING......period. If you want to use glitter to cover up flaws in your candles then go for it.

If I don't have anything positive or kind to say I keep it to myself, as it reflects my character. If I am unsure about a given subject matter I definitely keep that to myself, as it reflects my intelligence.

Now, Pam W, you can respond in any fashion you choose to, but I am done with this matter. Have at it.