Never buying other candles again!!! UPDATE

Budgie

I'm so pissed!!!:mad: I bought this soy candle off the internet. It's from a company in Beverly Hills called Ooohlala. I read something about them and thought I might try their candles because they sounded nice. This is a picture of the candle that I got. It smells really nice so I'd like to try and burn it. Maybe I'll hit it with the heat gun to recenter the wick and see if that works. UGH, what a piece of crap. Well, the one good thing that came of this is that I feel better than ever about my own candles now.:yay:

DSCF0010.JPG

Yep I see that all the time in dollar store candles and in some jars I have seen a wick 4" long.

Save that pic and show to your customers.

That pic just proves the we, here on CT, make such a better product than you can buy mass produced. Now we just need to get that info out to more of the public.

Yep I see that all the time in dollar store candles and in some jars I have seen a wick 4" long.

That pic just proves the we, here on CT, make such a better product than you can buy mass produced. Now we just need to get that info out to more of the public.

This candle was $10.00 for a 6 oz tin. I guess I thought the price would get me a better candle than the cheap, dollar store ones. Shame on me.:cry2:

Good idea about saving the pic and showing it to customers!

I arrange shipping for the 3rd largest distributer of candles in the US and let me tell you...their candles are nothing to write home about!! When I met with them and toured their facility, (after they signed the contract...LOL) I let them know that I made candles and would never sell a candle with wicks as off centered as theirs were. The excuses and explanation that I heard...LOL! They definitely need a better quality control division!

In response to the above quote, you can get your candle company names out there. I'm sure that all of you are candle lovers like I am. I am totally addicted. Understanding that, I am sure that a lot of you know about www.candlefind.com However, for those of you who don't and who want to get national and maybe international sales, try to get your candles reviewed by your customers on Candlefind or by the owner of the site Carolyn and her assistant Christina. They write very honest and complementing reviews of candles from large brands (Yankee...yuk) to small mom and pop operations. I go on this site everyday and so do lots of others who love good quality candles. If you are able to get your candles reviewed you must keep in mind that your sales will probably rise a lot and you'll get a lot busier. If you don't want to be reviewed by them, you can also advertise or just get listed on the review board (for free I believe) and have your customers write reviews for you. I do this all the time for the companies that I buy from. I'll never buy another Yankee.

Also, one more note. Today I found a great candle company here. I was reading the messages (I don't make candles, but love learning about them) and saw the name of a company in the owner's CT ID. I clicked on her webpage and she made a sale because I liked what I saw.

Good luck everyone and I hope that your businesses prosper because I know that you guys are making much better candles than the mass produced ones on the market! You all add the personal feel to them which as a consumer I just love!

You know I think (if allowed) I would take the candle and show the difference.(I know a pic says it all).Of course don't take the lid with the name.

This would really make people think about products(on-line).I think a big problem with this,: alot of us sell on-line or will be selling(like me) and seeing this type of product is BAD.You order the nice ones on site but get this finished product.

That is one off-centered candle.I do not have to take alot of pains to center my wick.I mean I look straight down and get it with the wick sticker.Then after pouring take a wire and center it better.Get it to stand upright to center. I don't see how this got shipped like that.I guess it is that (mass production)product.If not their employees do not take pride in the job they are hired to do.I would be ticked if someone I had working for me did that kind of job on my candles.

LynnS

So, I sent an email to the company with a picture of the candle and this is the response I got:

Thank you for brining your problem to our attention, and we do apologize that you were unhappy with your purchase. Once the candle begins to burn it can very easily be moved to the center for aesthetic appeal, and we assure you is not a safety hazard. We do however understand and appreciate your feedback and will look further into the specifics at our manufacturer. Take care.

Sincerely,

Andrea Junca

Sales Associate

The Worthington Group LLC.

DBA: OoohLaLa of Beverly Hills

:mad::rolleyes2:mad::shocked2::mad:

I don't understand how they can say that is not a safety hazard?!?!?

I'm speechless!

OMG WOW....I cant believe that one. I would think they would have a little more common sense (as well as PR) provided all the press they get. Budgie that sucks on both ends for you, but at least you have something in your files now of what NOT to sell.

After that letter I would say they don't care what you have to say.Well with the safety issue that is HOG WASH.They are to big and don't care IMO.They may have lots and lots of problems but you happened to be nice and honest and treated like this.They could have said please return and your money will be refunded if you are not satisfied.Instead they say fix it yourself and don't worry about getting BURNED.You know that safety thing.

LynnS

We all need to keep this company in mind.

OMG WOW....I cant believe that one. I would think they would have a little more common sense (as well as PR) provided all the press they get. Budgie that sucks on both ends for you, but at least you have something in your files now of what NOT to sell.

Exactly Indescent! I know what not to sell and I know what I don't want my customer service to be like.:P

After that letter I would say they don't care what you have to say.Well with the safety issue that is HOG WASH.They are to big and don't care IMO.They may have lots and lots of problems but you happened to be nice and honest and treated like this.They could have said please return and your money will be refunded if you are not satisfied.Instead they say fix it yourself and don't worry about getting BURNED.You know that safety thing.

LynnS

We all need to keep this company in mind.

Yeah, I would have thought they would have shown a bit more concern. I would never tell a customer to fix it themselves. Even if they didn't give me my money back I would think they would at least send out a decent candle. Crazy!