Best color dye for soy candles

Hi Everyone! I have been making soy candles for a couple of years now but have not ventured into coloring them. I'm curious to try adding color to my candles. Does anyone have a favorite form such as powders, micas, versus liquid? I'm assuming liquid dyes are better. If anyone has a favorite form let me know!

thanks!

Adding dye to soy candles can aggravate the frosting that soy is prone to do. For me, the best color added is none. All of my candles are white. Many people don't like the pastel color that soy candle take on with dye. I do color paraffin pillars and use the liquid dyes from Peaks.

Thank you everyone for your input! I will revisit Lone Star Candle Co. as well as the other companies mentioned. Maybe get some smaller sizes to try out. I've always make un-dyed candles but a couple of people asked why not color them? They seem to think that the color satisfies the visual customer and also helps identify the scent. I'm not sure.

I used CandleScience dyes with some success when I colored candles.

We do dye-free only and those that ask why I always tell them the same thing: The dye-free color of soy can match any decor AND dyes can stain, especially rugs and carpet.

Besides that, color may also hinder. For example, our Apple Pumpkin fragrance may be red, maybe orange, maybe something else. If I choose one color over the other I'm letting a customers eyes lie to their nose (so a red Apple Pumpkin will smell more apple than pumpkin and vice versa).

I have always used the Redig Glo dye chips from Bittercreek and have always been able to achieve brilliant and vibrant colors! I get a beautiful, rich red with 3 cinnamon red dye chips per pound of wax. No frosting on the sides but there is some usual frosting on the top because I use 100% soy. I love them though and would never use anything else!

I have used the advise from CandleScience that you may find helpful.

"Dye Chips work well for lighter, more pastel shades in soy and light to medium shades in most paraffin.

Dye Blocks are better for darker, vibrant colors in soy (especially red, greens, and blues). They can also be used to easily color large batches of paraffin wax.

Liquid Dyes will produce lighter, pastel shades in soy and light to dark shades in paraffin. These are also great for mixing to create custom colors.

As always, we recommend making a test sample of colored wax to be sure you're getting the color you desire."