Sentsy again

So I went to my monthly lawyer lunch and to talk lawyer talk and brought a bunch of tarts. Everyone asked what they were. I explained you can buy a thing at walmart with a 15 watt bulb that heats up a dish and the wax melts and smells nice. Didn't work. Then I talked about candle warmers. No go. Then I talked about tealights under a half spherical tray with oil in it except use these cubes of wax instead of oil.

Oh my, it is priceless to have half a dozen lawyers look you in the eye like a deer facing headlights.

Then I said "They are like sentsy." and one lawyer lit up like the IQ just went off. She jumped in and explained to others what they were. Again, blank stares.

So another lawyer was trying to explain a car collision and grabbed my tarts by color. Red in the front, yellow behind, green behind that, blue in the back... move this to show a pass on the right. Move that to show a pass on the left. Move this to show the person who drove up the middle and crashed...

Then he said he got it wrong and rearranged and showed again. It was like 4 walnut shells with a pea under one, move them around, where is the pea?

I just wanted to bang my head on the desk.

Guest OldGlory

I DON'T GET IT!!

I too have to explain what you do with tarts. I have a small wholesale client that could sell them by the dozen. I did my best sales pitch. No go. I GAVE her a dozen clamshells to sell in her store. She emailed me the same day and said they all sold - that day!

Do you think she wanted to place an order for clamshells? 3 guesses....

Even in my limited time doing this the SAME 2 things happen over and over.

Someone at work gets melts from me for their birthday, as example. Another person will ask, "What are those? They sure smell good". I tell them that they are scented wax melts. Bearing in mind that I pour in cups, here is how the rest goes...

Them:"Oh, what do you do with them?"

Me: "They get melted in a wax warmer"

*Puzzled looks*

Me: "Are you familiar with Scentsy"

Them:"Oh, yes, I have 4 of those"

Me:"Well, these can go in those warmers"

Them: "Oh. How do you break them off?"

I walk away.

Another co-worker said that she'd sure like to buy some from me but she could not because her daughters bought her a warmer (BH&G) that has a finial in the middle of the dish so she has to buy the ones in the little squares so that they will fit around the finial. I explained that mine can be cut into whatever sized pieces she wants.

These cups have really perplexed people...

Think I understand. I've had a number of people ask "what flavor are they?" (yep, they thought the tarts were some type of pastry :rolleyes2), and some have said, "Oh, look at the cute little soaps!".

Oh, brother! :tiptoe:

I DON'T GET IT!!

I too have to explain what you do with tarts. I have a small wholesale client that could sell them by the dozen. I did my best sales pitch. No go. I GAVE her a dozen clamshells to sell in her store. She emailed me the same day and said they all sold - that day!

Do you think she wanted to place an order for clamshells? 3 guesses....

I actually had a woman take a bite out of a tart that I poured in a christmas cookie mold! Our computer tech at school bought her a bag of tarts from me for Christmas and she opened the bag and bit into it! I didn't believe it until she showed me the gingerbread man with half his head gone and her teeth marks in it! She said she almost never got all the wax out of her teeth! LOL!

Another thing that puzzles me is when they ask "will these work in a Scentsy warmer?" Hello! It's wax! It melts!

Karen, I have a warmer at work with the finial in the middle and my tarts are about the same size as yours and I just put them in there and even though they hang over a little, as soon as they start melting they're fine. They don't drip off the side. Just so you know if anyone else has one like that.

:laugh2::laugh2:

"I actually had a woman take a bite out of a tart that I poured in a christmas cookie mold! Our computer tech at school bought her a bag of tarts from me for Christmas and she opened the bag and bit into it! I didn't believe it until she showed me the gingerbread man with half his head gone and her teeth marks in it! She said she almost never got all the wax out of her teeth! LOL!"

I actually had a woman take a bite out of a tart that I poured in a christmas cookie mold! Our computer tech at school bought her a bag of tarts from me for Christmas and she opened the bag and bit into it! I didn't believe it until she showed me the gingerbread man with half his head gone and her teeth marks in it! She said she almost never got all the wax out of her teeth! LOL!

Oh my! I always wondered why my husband insisted the first line of our warning label was "DO NOT EAT."

And this is why I don't sell wax melts at shows anymore. Soap is so much easier to sell to the public. I got tired of being asked "will this work in my Scentsy warmer?" DUH! Of course it will. Wax melts in any warmer, just add heat. It makes me wonder sometimes how dense the public really is. Really? *shakes head*

Oh my GOD! Well, at least you know the scent was authentic!!! That is HILARIOUS!!!

YEARS AGO we had a melt/votive/soap swap here. I made square melts that had a textured top. One of the other participants posted a critique and gently told me that it didn't lather when she took it in the shower. That memory still makes me smile. Since it didn't dissolve she kept it and eventually melted it after I told her what it was.

Learned that I CLEARLY have to label what it is and how to use it ... especially when it looks like soap.

Edited by Judy, USMC

haha. This is fun!

One of my nephews took a bit out of a wax melt a couple of years ago. I don't remember what scent it was but he didn't believe my sister in law that it wasn't food. lol.

I sent a bunch of samples to my friend who tests products for me. I sent her some soaps and wax melts one time. her son went to wash his hands with one of the wax melts and couldn't figure out why it wasn't working. lol.

The other day I made some oreo soaps and sent a picture to my boyfriend. He said they were dangerous. lol

I get funny questions about wax melts at shows too but they are such good sellers for me so I still take them.

YEARS AGO we had a melt/votive/soap swap here. I made square melts that had a textured top. One of the other participants posted a critique and gently told me that it didn't lather when she took it in the shower. That memory still makes me smile. Since it didn't dissolve she kept it and eventually melted it after I told her what it was.

Learned that I CLEARLY have to label what it is and how to use it ... especially when it looks like soap.

:laugh2::laugh2: Love it, Judy!

I remember giving a carpet freshener to a friend of mine so she could test it, but I did not label it.

Somehow she forgot I told her what it was meant for, so she ended up putting it in her bath water; she said it made the water soft and smell really good, lol

I got tired of being asked "will this work in my Scentsy warmer?" DUH! Of course it will. Wax melts in any warmer, just add heat. It makes me wonder sometimes how dense the public really is. Really? *shakes head*

Not necessarily - some warmers get... warmer, and not all melts have the same melting point. Especially the little units that plug into the wall directly - I have several that don't get very warm and don't work well with all waxes.