Insurance?????

tam1116

• 3 weeks later...

We now pay $675/yr for a general liability policy. Last year we paid $2500/yr for insurance and found the new company after we hit the roof over the latest increase. I don't remember who we are with now, but we were with Scottsdale Ins out of AZ before. We go through independent insurance agencies who can find the best rates. Years ago we had a store in a small town and went to an indep. ins agent who hooked us up with Scottsdale; we didn't realize we were getting screwed. Scottsdale sent us an invoice each year for the next year's insurance premium; then about three months later they sent us an audit form getting the latest sales figures. Then a couple of months later we received another bill for a premium increase of $ 40-600. So, SHOP AROUND!!!!!! And go to independent agents.

• 3 weeks later...

I guess I am going to go with Brower Insurance. I called Auto Ins 2 times, left a message the first time and the second time I talked with someone who said she would call me back. Guess I don't want to do business with them. Are there any others that cover product liability?

I just signed up w/brower after reading this thread. it is the lowest price I've found and I've been searching for affordable insurance for 2 years. I LOVE this forum!

Thanks for asking the question Tam, and thanks to all who shared info.

Edited by franu61