Wax bowl lit

cybersix

Thanks everyone!

Now the question is about wicking.

I wicked this with a CD18 but obviously it can't burn til the sides..

I don't want to wick up and duble wicking will be really difficult since the bowl doesn't have a flat bottom.

I could let it that way, but lot of wax will remain unmelted.

Still wondering what to do...

Ideas?

soapbuddy, the bowl is exactly a shell made in palm wax, then filled with soy! I didn't think about a separate candle.. I envisioned this and made it. How would you do that?

Palm wax melts at a higher temp then soy. You could take a candle safe bowl, use soy wax and double wick to get a better burn pool. Use that for the inside of the palm wax shell. Or take a couple of small containers, fill up as normal, then put those inside the shell. Or possibly tealights inside the shell.

Thanks everyone for chiming in!

Soapbuddy, the only reason why I didn't double wick it yet is because bottom it's not flat and I want to secure wick to bottom (wick with sustainer), but I'm considering to try that, because I love it that way. I may let it with just one wick as it is now so I'll be sure the external shell in palm wax won't melt.. Still thinking about it!! Thanks for suggestions tho!

• 1 month later...
Very beautiful job I LOVE how it glow's. You must of had fun w/it.

Did the bowl start to melt when you poured the soy wax in? I love palm wax, I guess I'm a "Palmer" :laugh2:(ok a little lame)

You make awesome projects.

Suzan:yay:

Hi, thanks for the kind words.

No, palm wax didn't melt at all, soy is poured at a very low temp so palm wax doesn't melt.

I have to finish test burning yet.