The Candle Source Wax

Cindy/WI

Oh, girl I already found it and then perused around there a bit! haha!

My favorite form her is paradise. It is spot on for iced cold Ginger-Ale or even Bomb Pop Popsicles.

I had a melt made with it going tonight and I had to turn it off-even in my open living room/kitchen/dining. It is delicious AND strong!!

Which wax did you use? TCS?

Speaking of a ginger ale type of FO, have you tried Peak' s Orange Ginger Fizz? To me it sure smells like ginger ale! (But now I suppose I'll have to try DS's Paradise, dontcha think?)

Oh, girl I already found it and then perused around there a bit! haha!

My favorite form her is paradise. It is spot on for iced cold Ginger-Ale or even Bomb Pop Popsicles.

I had a melt made with it going tonight and I had to turn it off-even in my open living room/kitchen/dining. It is delicious AND strong!!

I have the slab form in MY LOVE (presto pot) now...so gonna compare the 2 "different" forms by the weekend. I really liked the pellets..but tonight I found a new way to bust my wax and take my frustrations out...like a 2 year old...I slapped it against my wooden craft table...HA Felt pretty good!

Oh how I wanna order some TCS wax but I'd really like you girls to figure it out! I have a little here and it's in the slab..what's a girl to do?

Melt it, add FO, let it cure and pretty sure you'll love it! Nearly every FO will throw in this baby:grin2:

Pita 4294, let us know your results between the two versions, please.

I'm pretty sure she means "The Tart Blend" is the good one. They have a container blend which is the 1st wax listed on their page, we tried & it wasn't very good.The 2nd wax listed is the one you want:Tart Blend. The 3rd listed is their Votive/Pillar. Perhaps they have some left in the slab form & that's why some get slabs & some pellets. Maybe Ravens will see this & correct me if I'm wrong & help you understand.

Did you used to receive slabs? I am trying to figure which is the one people have had great success with and which is the newer/unexpected form. Can you help me understand? Thanks!

I'm pretty sure she means "The Tart Blend" is the good one. They have a container blend which is the 1st wax listed on their page, we tried & it wasn't very good.The 2nd wax listed is the one you want:Tart Blend. The 3rd listed is their Votive/Pillar. Perhaps they have some left in the slab form & that's why some get slabs & some pellets. Maybe Ravens will see this & correct me if I'm wrong & help you understand.

I was getting the idea (perhaps I am misunderstanding) that some were having success and some were not and that COULD somehow be tied to the wax being in one form or another. I would love to know if I am reading that in here or misunderstand that. I was waiting until Ravens could test the different form to see if all was well or if she was going to have a discussion with the owner.

So, I got lost on whether some people were ordering waxes #1 and #3 thinking they got what some have great success (tart wax) or if it really is a matter of a change to wax #2 and all have been ordering the same thing.

How is that for confusing?? haha!

I'd be happy to give it to you. Right now it is in a bag for a fundraising garage sale but my friend has not picked the things up yet so let me know and if I still have it, it is yours.

I'd not say that the bulb is right under the dish in my Scentsy warmers so maybe that is the difference.

Thank you so much. I will PM you.

Not trying to be all Braggedy Ann or anything, but I have had Blackberry (Daystar) going in my bathroom burner for 3 days now, and it's still pumpin out some great HT! My Bath is about a 14x16, so it's a good size room, and the burning is a punched tin style, with a 25 watt bulb. It certainly isn't as strong as it was on day 1, but you can still smell when your about 5 or so feet from the door!! I'm ECSTATIC!!!!

Edited by FaithfulScenter

Me too! Maybe a call to TCS is in order. This is what Ravens said way back on page 1 or 2 of this thread:

The slabs I know for sure are exactly the same wax I'm accustomed to; I cannot say positively that the pellets are also the very same wax, because although I've had no complaints and the tarts I made with the pellets seemed to perform as well as the slab, I did not make that many before I ran out of the pellets.

However, I just ordered a case; will see what I receive, and will post here. If I receive a box of pellets and they do not perform as well as my slabs, there shall be a "Come to Jesus" meeting with Loren:tiptoe:

But she received slabs so we still don't know. :(

Edited by jeanie353

I am pi--ed right off. Tried the pellets - NOT performing to my satisfacton. Sent an email to TCS and asked to honestly tell me if there is a difference and why they felt the need to go to pellets instead of slabs (slabs weren't hard to cut, there are waxes out there that are much harder). Anyway, think I got an answer? Nope. That was a week ago.

Sent the email again, asking the same question. What did I hear? Crickets, that's what! Now, call me paranoid, suspicious, etc. etc., but wouldn't such non-response make you wonder? :mad:

Question now is: what to do to get the slabs again? That was THE best wax for me. If anyone has a slab, I would consider sending it to the lab.

I am afraid I will have to start from scratch again :mad::mad::mad:

No, no....it can't be different. We are all right smack in the middle of testing this mysterious wax. :shocked2:

What kept throwing me is they would send out slabs and/or pellets. In the back of my mind it was nagging me that if they changed the formula, why did they not change it all instead of some.

I think a phone call is in order. I can't call tomorrow...getting a tooth pulled but provided I can talk Tuesday I am. :mad:

May sound crazy, but I'm here telling myself that perhaps it is my nose that is at fault. I have given samples to my testers but have yet to hear back from them, so please everyone don't take my review as gospel truth, lol. My nose is telling me the HT isn't as strong as what the slabs were giving me. Jeanie, exactly what I've been thinking.... why some slabs and why some are sent out as pellets? Something is not adding up here, kwim?:angry2:

Hi I have been using TCS wax for awhile started with slab form and since they have carried the pellet form that's what I have used or I should say that's what I have got. I was told by laurens sister that slab and pellets was the same. That where they get it from for some reason sends it either way. I have never noticed a difference between the two. In fact Saturday I picked my daughter up from a birthday party and my daughter came running to the car and told me I had to come in her friends house, So I go in and my daughter points out a warmer and a box of tarts that I made (My stuff is in a shop so I don't know who buys them) Her mom begins to tell me that she puts only half of my tart in her warmer (2 ounce portion cup) and fills her house! Then for the question about how the scent last after sitting for awhile. she had my Butt Naked (the candle makers store) LOVE his butt naked! It was from summer! And Strong! she started passing the tarts around and they all raved about it and others.