Hello from east Texas!

Hi everyone! I've been posting some questions on the site but here's my official hello!

My husband and I moved to east Texas a year and a half ago after living in the Austin area. We love the beautiful lakes and mature trees in this part of Texas.

I've been making candles since 2013 and I love it!  I've settled on a blend of 6006 and Calumet 5961 (a 70% paraffin/ 30% soy blend); the 5961 creates a candle that isn't as white as strait 6006 and looks more like soy.

I'm so thankful to have found this site because it has moved me along much more quickly in my craft because I feel like I'm part of a big team now!  I admit I've had to start a notebook with all the great scent suggestions and I refer to it frequently.  I'm trying not to buy them all but...............

When I'm not making fabulous candles on the weekends I'm a pharmaceutical sales representative and my husband is a merchant mariner.  He goes to work for 75 days at a stretch then he's home for 75.  Those 75 days out would be even more horrible for me if I didn't have my little candle business.  I throw myself into working with new scents and making inventory for my one customer-a specialty food and wine market.  This works out well for me as I have little free time during the week after working, working out and taking care of everything when my husband is gone at sea.  

I look forward to learning more from everyone.  You are a wealth of information and a fantastic source of support.  Thank you!

20 minutes ago, Scented said:

Good luck on your resistance to not buy a lot of scents ;) There are days I wish I had at least one of everything and taming my buying finger gets hard. 

Welcome to the board! Good to have you on board!

Oh goodness, I was surely not trying to say that I don't already buy  a ton of scents..........here's proof 😂  Every time I get on this site I see new suggestions and I can't resist

IMG_4203.JPG

IMG_4204.JPG

IMG_4205.JPG

She's not kidding either about FO stashes that seem to grow and grow when your not looking.  If you look somewhere here (I'll try and find it), but there is a thread someone put up about what their fragrance oil cabinets look like with stashes of oils in them.  Go look at the pictures there....! lol

Let me see if I can find that thread.

Trappeur

48 minutes ago, Candybee said:

I think we met in another part of the forum already but here's a big welcome to ya and I'm glad to have you here! Your FO stash will grow, and grow, and grow.... I swear mine grows when I'm not looking.

Yes, you have been a big help with my Campfire scent combo dilemma!  

I'm making melts this weekend with a bunch of my samples and scents that I have multiples of.  I will conquer the stash!!!!  BTW, I'm a former quilter so I'm a stashaholic from good training 😊

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Trappeur said:

She's not kidding either about FO stashes that seem to grow and grow when your not looking.  If you look somewhere here (I'll try and find it), but there is a thread someone put up about what their fragrance oil cabinets look like with stashes of oils in them.  Go look at the pictures there....! lol

Let me see if I can find that thread.

Trappeur

is that the photos where someone showed their beautiful new cabinet?  That was impressive indeed if that's what you're referring to

Yeah!   That's the one!   See everyones stash? lol, lol   Is that funny or what?

Someone was supposed to start a FOHO club but I have yet to see it....lol

Trappeur

Edited by Trappeur

Well, although I'm sure we've chatted in the forums, a formal "Welcome!".  I think Austin may be my favorite city in Texas.  Although I haven't seen them all, there is something special about Austin.

I just had my husband take at least 10# of fo that I wasn't using to the haz mat disposal, lol.  Boy it felt good to get rid of 40+ bottles!

Edited by kandlekrazy