Cracklin Birch, finally!

Sarah S

I don't think I've ever let a loaf sit this long before cutting! Over two weeks! It's just been that crazy!

Here is the Cracklin birch all sliced up. I'm so pleased with the swirl. I know the photo is terrible, but it's a lovely warm tan with red and yellow hangar swirls.

image.jpeg.eb68595e649a7877eefc94fe66019248.jpeg

I also got around to wrapping some for the craft show next weekend.

Center is my Lovespell blend, back left is Polo Black and back right is Chanel 5. Again, apologies for the bad quality. 😁 mamma needs a new iPad!

image.jpeg.0e9e3f88026c8e51c1b4f4c16814d2c7.jpeg

• Like 3

It just NEVER FAILS! 

I just CAN'T do it! 

WHY!!!!? 

I'm SMART... 

I'm WELL READ... 

But I just CAN'T READ Cracklin Birch

Without FIRST reading

Cackling Bitch... <---- 100% failure rate right there! 

(Best DAMN name I've EVER SEEN!)  

Oh and BTW: beautiful soap :D

-Sponiebr 
The Executor of Bad Ideas and Sundry Services. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, Sponiebr said:

It just NEVER FAILS! 

I just CAN'T do it! 

WHY!!!!? 

I'm SMART... 

I'm WELL READ... 

Without FIRST reading

Cackling Bitch... <---- 100% failure rate right there! 

-Sponiebr 

Well, you're not alone on this one, even commented on it before.  I guess I just have come across too many cracklin bitches in my day!

• Haha 2

Knowing my customer base, if I called it Cacklin Bitch, I'd probably sell twice as much!! 😂

Thank you for the kind comments! I'm testing the waters with craft shows, hopefully I won't get lost amongst the Tupperware and Mary Kay ladies! 😏

Edited by Sarah S
Typo!
  • Haha 1

On 06/11/2017 at 10:27 AM, Sarah S said:

Knowing my customer base, if I called it Cacklin Bitch, I'd probably sell twice as much!! 😂

Thank you for the kind comments! I'm testing the waters with craft shows, hopefully I won't get lost amongst the Tupperware and Mary Kay ladies! 😏

When researching ask the coordinators/organizers if they allow Direct Sales. If they do, or if they hesitate (IMO that means they do) I would pass. I try to make sure the craft shows I do, only allow handmade. 

However, I only do 4 shows a year, and don't rely on them for my income. If I relied on them, like some here do, for my income, I may not be as picky, depending on which Direct sales people they allowed in. 

17 hours ago, Jcandleattic said:

When researching ask the coordinators/organizers if they allow Direct Sales. If they do, or if they hesitate (IMO that means they do) I would pass. I try to make sure the craft shows I do, only allow handmade. 

However, I only do 4 shows a year, and don't rely on them for my income. If I relied on them, like some here do, for my income, I may not be as picky, depending on which Direct sales people they allowed in. 

On their application it specifically says they only accept one direct sales vendor per brand, so I'm going in with eyes open. I expect I'm going to be in the minority with handmade. However, I'm looking at it as an opportunity to present a unique product to this market!

This is my first year selling, so I'm just picking venues that are local, have a reasonable table fee, and seem to be advertised well. 

I remember when direct sales just started taking off around here, I was deeply offended, and I wasn't even selling back then! My family has always had a tradition of artisans and a love of handmade, and I was horrified that people would actually consider it acceptable to have Tupperware in a craft show. I guess now I'm just numb to it. 

• 2 months later...
On 11/6/2017 at 5:40 AM, Sponiebr said:

It just NEVER FAILS! 

I just CAN'T do it! 

WHY!!!!? 

I'm SMART... 

I'm WELL READ... 

Without FIRST reading

Cackling Bellatrix... <---- 100% failure rate right there! 

-Sponiebr 

Haha! My coworker bought some and thought the same thing. She now says "I need more Crack Bellatrix" 

Good luck Sarah! They look great!

• Haha 1

On 11/6/2017 at 12:27 PM, Sarah S said:

Knowing my customer base, if I called it Cacklin Bellatrix, I'd probably sell twice as much!! 😂

Yea, that is horrible that they let those type of booths in.....Never could understand why?  That desparate for money?   

Trappeur

• Like 1

That particular show ended up being terrible, but not because of the direct sales people. It was in a small church in the middle of no where, and half the vendors were in tiny rooms upstairs, while the other half were in the huge basement with a traditional show layout and the food vendors. Guess where I was? 😣

I was tucked in a tiny room at the end of a hallway with 2 other vendors. All of us upstairs were extremely unhappy - the information we were given at the time of application led us to believe it was a large venue with lots of space... I guess it was, but you can imagine we had very little foot traffic. I made enough to cover the fee, but it was not a profitable day overall.

Regarding the direct sales people though, I actually feel really sorry for them. In my little room, there was me, three wonderful ladies with crocheted items, and a girl selling press-on manicures. I kid you not! I didn't even realize that was a thing! The crochet ladies and I, we all had great stories to go with our products. Our tables were covered with gorgeous items made with our own hands and imagination. This poor girl had nothing to say about her product that didn't come straight out of a brochure, and there wasn't anything unique or special about her stuff. You can literally get the exact same thing from any other direct sales person at any venue. I think she had one sale the entire day. 

So I really don't mind the direct sales people, I think they provide an opportunity to promote the unique products and branding of hand crafters. 

And I learned a valuable lesson from that show - research the venue before sending in the application!!!

This is why I ask where and how the vendors are set up. If I do a craft venue with a set up similar to the one you did I always choose the largest room with the most vendors in it. Even if it costs more, which it usually does. But it pays off to spend a few extra bucks. You make that up in sales. Better to spend a few extra bucks on a space where all the sales are gonna be than pay a small fee and make little to no money all day.

Edited by Candybee
  • Like 1