I just had an OOB experience...

glasllyn

On 5/17/2017 at 9:10 AM, glasllyn said:

Cake Bake- As expected

I Want Cake- I wore it on my wrist and I love it. I love all of Tokyo Milk's scents, though.

Black Orchid & Vanille-I little dark, a little creamy. Looking forward to putting this is wax 

Salty Sailor- My favorite ocean-y scent yet

Milk Sugar Kisses- Where has this been all my life? It smells like milk. Actual milk. And sugar. I needed this.

The Indulgent One- Uh...yes. Yes, yes, yes for everything.

Divine Vanilla Spirit- More like a perfume than a typical FO. I love it. Not too sweet. There's musk in there, and some wood.

Toffee Sugar Crunch- It's Honey I Washed the Kids. Exactly like the one I got from NG and very good.

Vanilla Mandarin Bourbon. OOB, it smells creamsicle-y, but not super sweet. Another one I look forward to testing in stuff.

Marshmallow Fluff- If it stays just the way it is now, I have found the perfect marshmallow. It does, indeed, smell like Fluff.

Cake Batter- Yep

Vanilla of Madagascar- This is the only one I really need to investigate more before I make a judgement

Chergui Winds- I don't even know what is going on in there, but I love it. It could just be the OOB phenomenon, but I smell Camay.

Serendipity- Smells good- like fruit and cake or something. Will need to test.

Have you put any of these in wax yet ? I was looking at the Chergul Winds but the notes listed wouldn't seem like it would smell like Camay ? The Serendipity sounds 

great, I think her Hawaiian cake is also described as white cake with tropical fruit but its been OOS for a very long time. Have you tried others besides the ones listed ?

• Like 1

On 5/19/2017 at 10:48 AM, WaxingPoetic said:

Lol it really is ! It is an outstanding blender, too ? I may blend it with JS Creme de Menthe soon !

Ooooooh! It might smell like a grasshopper- the old classic cocktail, not the insect.

What I've tried in wax melts:

Chergui Winds is phenomenal. I love it. Try it and see what you think about the Camay part. It's an absolute keeper. 

I Want Cake: As much as I am in love with this scent, it is way too mild. I bought it from another vendor and it was much stronger.

Milk Sugar Kisses: I love this. The dairy really stands out, so that's something important to consider. Would be a great mixer with a lot of things.

Marshmallow Fluff: Another very, very mild scent. I use it as a blender, and it's great in pretty much everything. It provides a softening effect without being too vanilla-y. On it's own, not enough marshmallow, but I will keep it and probably buy again for mixing.

Woods and Bitter Coffee: I haven't smelled the original, but this is really nice. it smells like a nice, soft sort of Old Spice scent, but  certainly not a dupe and it's more unisex. I burn it in the bedroom because it's not cloying at all.

The Indulgent One: I've only used it as a mixer, but it's definitely in there, and I'll keep using it.

Out of all of these, Chergui Winds, and Milk Sugar Kisses have the best hot throw. I suspect the Cake scents would, too, as they're strong, but I can't confirm that.

NOTE: VANILLA TOFFEE CRUNCH IS AN ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS NAME. It is totally a Honey I Washed the Kids dupe. 

• Like 2

On 7/23/2017 at 1:51 PM, glasllyn said:

Ooooooh! It might smell like a grasshopper- the old classic cocktail, not the insect.

Chergui Winds is phenomenal. I love it. Try it and see what you think about the Camay part. It's an absolute keeper. 

I Want Cake: As much as I am in love with this scent, it is way too mild. I bought it from another vendor and it was much stronger.

Milk Sugar Kisses: I love this. The dairy really stands out, so that's something important to consider. Would be a great mixer with a lot of things.

Marshmallow Fluff: Another very, very mild scent. I use it as a blender, and it's great in pretty much everything. It provides a softening effect without being too vanilla-y. On it's own, not enough marshmallow, but I will keep it and probably buy again for mixing.

Woods and Bitter Coffee: I haven't smelled the original, but this is really nice. it smells like a nice, soft sort of Old Spice scent, but  certainly not a dupe and it's more unisex. I burn it in the bedroom because it's not cloying at all.

The Indulgent One: I've only used it as a mixer, but it's definitely in there, and I'll keep using it.

Out of all of these, Chergui Winds, and Milk Sugar Kisses have the best hot throw. I suspect the Cake scents would, too, as they're strong, but I can't confirm that.

NOTE: VANILLA TOFFEE CRUNCH IS AN ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS NAME. It is totally a Honey I Washed the Kids dupe. 

Thank you for posting this, its super helpful since I had some of these in cart as I type. Im surprised about the marshmallow fluff, I thought it would have 

been stronger. Who's I want cake did you find is much stronger ? I think I'll add the Milk one to my cart and just get a sample maybe of MF to try first ?

So the milk one is strong for tarts ? Do you think it could pass as santa's milk n cookies scent ? Now Im wondering if the Vanilla Delicious will be as 

strong as it claims in her notes section ....hmmm ? Im stumped about the Camay scent. Based on the notes described I wouldn't have guessed that.

Im super surprised by the MF being weak. Thanks for posting these - very helpful + informative. 

8 hours ago, Moonstar said:

Thank you for posting this, its super helpful since I had some of these in cart as I type. Im surprised about the marshmallow fluff, I thought it would have 

been stronger. Who's I want cake did you find is much stronger ? I think I'll add the Milk one to my cart and just get a sample maybe of MF to try first ?

So the milk one is strong for tarts ? Do you think it could pass as santa's milk n cookies scent ? Now Im wondering if the Vanilla Delicious will be as 

strong as it claims in her notes section ....hmmm ? Im stumped about the Camay scent. Based on the notes described I wouldn't have guessed that.

Im super surprised by the MF being weak. Thanks for posting these - very helpful + informative. 

I'm glad I could be helpful. I love Marshmallow Fluff and it makes me sad that it's weak, because it's the only marshmallow I've tried that isn't plasticy. The Let Them Eat Cake dupe I purchased was from Fragrance Buddy. I'm not sure if you're familiar with the scent, but if not, it's not a pure foodie scent. 

I think the Milk one is strong enough for tarts, yes. I was surprised. However, I didn't try it in a huge area, just my studio, which is 10x10 feet. I actually turned off the warmer when clients were coming in because I wondered if they'd think it was too "milky" in there. When I tried the I Want Cake in that same space, it didn't reach the entire space. Same with Fluff.

You would need to add cookies to the milk. It really does smell like warm, sweet milk.

The Cake Bake and Cake Batter seem really strong OOB. I don't foresee a problem there, but I haven't put them in wax.

• Like 1

On 7/20/2017 at 8:21 PM, Moonstar said:

Have you put any of these in wax yet ? I was looking at the Chergul Winds but the notes listed wouldn't seem like it would smell like Camay ? The Serendipity sounds 

great, I think her Hawaiian cake is also described as white cake with tropical fruit but its been OOS for a very long time. Have you tried others besides the ones listed ?

The Serendipity is my new favorite scent in soaps. Almond, cream, coconut, soe sort of malic acid bearing fruit, and vanilla... Just HEAVENLY stuff! 

• Like 2

Just now, Sponiebr said:

The Serendipity is my new favorite scent in soaps. Almond, cream, coconut, soe sort of malic acid bearing fruit, and vanilla... Just HEAVENLY stuff! 

It's exactly those scent notes. Great description.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sponiebr said:

I could swear I recall daystar's Serendipity Divine to have a chocolate scent in there as well ? Thats what the description says anyhow.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, glasllyn said:

I'm glad I could be helpful. I love Marshmallow Fluff and it makes me sad that it's weak, because it's the only marshmallow I've tried that isn't plasticy. The Let Them Eat Cake dupe I purchased was from Fragrance Buddy. I'm not sure if you're familiar with the scent, but if not, it's not a pure foodie scent. 

I think the Milk one is strong enough for tarts, yes. I was surprised. However, I didn't try it in a huge area, just my studio, which is 10x10 feet. I actually turned off the warmer when clients were coming in because I wondered if they'd think it was too "milky" in there. When I tried the I Want Cake in that same space, it didn't reach the entire space. Same with Fluff.

You would need to add cookies to the milk. It really does smell like warm, sweet milk.

The Cake Bake and Cake Batter seem really strong OOB. I don't foresee a problem there, but I haven't put them in wax.

:) Thanks again, this post really helped out a lot. I think Im gonna try the Sugared Milk from ICS first since its cheaper just so I can 

get a better idea. 

Edited by Moonstar

10 hours ago, Moonstar said:

I could swear I recall daystar's Serendipity Divine to have a chocolate scent in there as well ? Thats what the description says anyhow.

I might be confusing the chocolate with coconut. They have very similar scent characteristics to my nose. Also this morning while I was using one of my serendipity bars I was trying to place the fruit aspect and what kept coming to mind was Jamaica Me Crazy, so the fruit might be pineapple... I don't really detect much in the way of citrus in there... 

@Moonstar  Lookkit.... He's all alone... (Go on Moonie... You know you want to... You want to SO much! Go on! Do it! DO IT!!!!!) 

Donkey_01small.jpeg.c2a1320742a6754f1cd76dfbe118d14e.jpeg

:naughty:

;)

Cheers, 

Sponiebr: Bad etc... 

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/25/2017 at 6:57 AM, Moonstar said:

DS serendipity doesn't smell like the one from JS and ICS and FB at all to me. You're right, hers is called serendipity divine. It smells really good though!

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/23/2017 at 0:51 PM, glasllyn said:

Yes, It is a Honey I Washed the kids dupe, and a very good one at that. But as for the name, she can't call it anything that reflects the Lush name or she will be in trouble. She went round with them in the past I believe. ? That scent is awesome in cp soap! 

On 5/17/2017 at 9:10 AM, glasllyn said:

Cake Bake- As expected

I Want Cake- I wore it on my wrist and I love it. I love all of Tokyo Milk's scents, though.

Black Orchid & Vanille-I little dark, a little creamy. Looking forward to putting this is wax 

Salty Sailor- My favorite ocean-y scent yet

Milk Sugar Kisses- Where has this been all my life? It smells like milk. Actual milk. And sugar. I needed this.

The Indulgent One- Uh...yes. Yes, yes, yes for everything.

Divine Vanilla Spirit- More like a perfume than a typical FO. I love it. Not too sweet. There's musk in there, and some wood.

Toffee Sugar Crunch- It's Honey I Washed the Kids. Exactly like the one I got from NG and very good.

Vanilla Mandarin Bourbon. OOB, it smells creamsicle-y, but not super sweet. Another one I look forward to testing in stuff.

Marshmallow Fluff- If it stays just the way it is now, I have found the perfect marshmallow. It does, indeed, smell like Fluff.

Cake Batter- Yep

Vanilla of Madagascar- This is the only one I really need to investigate more before I make a judgement

Chergui Winds- I don't even know what is going on in there, but I love it. It could just be the OOB phenomenon, but I smell Camay.

Serendipity- Smells good- like fruit and cake or something. Will need to test.

I hope you will post your reviews on these gorgeous scents you bought as I'm really interested.   They all sound lovely and are scents I would pick.

What wax do you use when you do get them in your wax?

Trappeur

• 4 years later...
On 7/23/2017 at 12:51 PM, glasllyn said:

Do you think the Marshmallow fluid is too mild to used in perfume? I have been looking for a good marshmallow fluff fragrance oil.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/10/2022 at 10:08 PM, Jcake90 said:

*fluff

I think I've had a small bottle of her marshmallow fluff but I honestly don't remember what it was like. Fragrance Buddy has a great one and Rustic Escentuals Toasted Marshmallow is great too but there's not a toasted note to it. The one from Fb almost smells like Vanilla Bean Noel to my nose but I love it.

• 1 month later...
On 5/17/2017 at 7:45 AM, glasllyn said:

I will report back when I get them in products, but I could not keep myself from reporting that I received an order from Daystar and I cannot believe how good everything smells. I will be wearing several of them as perfumes. If you're into boutique, high-end, unusual, perfume-based stuff, get thee to the Daystar site because wow. I'm happy to list my fragrances if you're interested. Just remember, they're OOB, but that matters to me if I know I'm using them in a perfume or in a B&B product. 

Also, please share your favorites! I want to buy more!

Did Marshmallow Fluff hold up in perfume? Are her oils good for perfume?

• 2 weeks later...