Chunk Tart Melt recipes for Spring - Let's make some!

puma52

A few months ago I was following one of Puma's chunk tart threads but I couldn't find that one so I just jumped on this one . I finally made some chunks and would love to share pics with you guys . I would love some feedback about the type of wax I'm using. As you can see in the photo they don't look very clean and I'm wondering if my wax is a little on the soft side.  I'm currently using equal amounts of a paraffin pillar/parasoy container/parasoy votive waxes.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Here are the blends:

First photo: blue chunks-blueberry vanilla, red chunks-pomegranate, over pour-cotton candy frosting

Second photo: pink chunks-cotton candy, green chunks- hot pink lime, over pour- rice krispy treats

They smell so yummy! Thank you puma for your knowledge and encouragement!!

image1.JPG

image2.JPG

• Like 6

I love these!   I can almost smell them through my iPad :)  I have been following this thread, but have yet to make mine.  I need to get my rearend in gear! lol.   Nice job!

• Like 2

On March 1, 2016 at 8:12 PM, puma52 said:

You know Belinda....that was what I was thinking too because I also have the FB Fizzy Pop. I say let's call it Fizzy Pop Soda Ginger Ale...we'll use it as the Ginger Ale. :)

So DaisyMay, I don't have Ginger Ale either........BUT maybe we can just use the Fizzy Pop from FB. Have you ever used it before? FB is a lot closer to me and I sure do buy more fragrances from there than BB. :)  It does tickle the nose with it's effervescence.

I've never ordered from FB. I've had a cart full several times but never ended up ordering. Seems like I could find more I'd like from FB than BB so I'll have to break down and add yet another supplier to my never ending list ;)

Didnt find out anything at my little guys appt. should have just threw $500 at the Dr and left :(:(:( 

On March 4, 2016 at 8:15 AM, Nikki said:

I've been waiting on my husband to convert my Presto pot, but ended up buying a smaller 'ready to go' one in the meantime.  I don't know how I lived without this.  

I am almost ready to attempt those beautiful multi-color, scented Chunks.  But, I couldn't wait and ended up making some Chunk Cakes yesterday.  Scents;  Pumpkin Pecan Waffle w/Apple Cinnamon overpour, Birthday Cake w/Fresh Strawberry overpour, Sugar Cookie Royale w/Cotton Candy overpour (made this in a rose shape, wasn't crazy about that), Sugar Cookie w/Spicy Apples and Peaches overpour, Georgia Peach w/Ginger Ale overpour, Strawberry w/Ginger Ale overpour.  

chunks.jpg

Your melts look BEAUTIFUL! They look so shiny. I love them. Do you use all paraffin? Mine never look shiny like yours and I just love how yours look! :) 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Littlebalky said:

A few months ago I was following one of Puma's chunk tart threads but I couldn't find that one so I just jumped on this one . I finally made some chunks and would love to share pics with you guys . I would love some feedback about the type of wax I'm using. As you can see in the photo they don't look very clean and I'm wondering if my wax is a little on the soft side.  I'm currently using equal amounts of a paraffin pillar/parasoy container/parasoy votive waxes.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Here are the blends:

First photo: blue chunks-blueberry vanilla, red chunks-pomegranate, over pour-cotton candy frosting

Second photo: pink chunks-cotton candy, green chunks- hot pink lime, over pour- rice krispy treats

They smell so yummy! Thank you puma for your knowledge and encouragement!!

image1.JPG

image2.JPG

Littlebalky....these are BEAUTIFUL and you are being way TOO hard on yourself! These look awesome!!! I love your colors too!!! Just gorgeous!! :) I use all paraffin, but if you list your recipe for yours hopefully someone else who uses your blend can give some info. But I think they look wonderful! When I get home from work tonight I will take pictures of the 5 chunk blends I made on Saturday. All of mine do not turn out perfect either...I just pick out the ones that look great for the pictures :) ...but I will show you pics including the good, the bad and the ugly of mine. I just throw them all in together anyhow. :) 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Daisymay66 said:

Your melts look BEAUTIFUL! They look so shiny. I love them. Do you use all paraffin? Mine never look shiny like yours and I just love how yours look! :) 

I agree....so beautiful!! Love the shiny!! :)

• Like 1

I am going to get started on these today or tomorrow 

I know it was brought up already but I can't find it - how do you store these or package these so the scent doesn't fade away?

I thought someone said the Kraft bags with Windows but everytime I used paper bags in the past the scent faded and they frosted horribly but that was with pure soy also....suggestions?

14 minutes ago, moonshine said:

I know it was brought up already but I can't find it - how do you store these or package these so the scent doesn't fade away?

I thought someone said the Kraft bags with Windows but everytime I used paper bags in the past the scent faded and they frosted horribly but that was with pure soy also....suggestions?

You can put them in open/tie top polypropylene bags and tie with coordinating ribbon or closure that aligns with your brand. Or depending on size or how many you are including in an order, zip top polypropylene bags. The well-known online chunk tart sellers sell them both ways. A couple of the most popular sell a chunk in a maybe 5x5 or 6x6 polypropylene bag. I have a bunch of polypropylene lined Kraft 1 pound bakery/coffee bags (I have several sizes of open/tie top and zip tops bags as well). If you'd want to pay $5.80 for a Padded Flat Rate mailing envelope, I could send you a few to play with. 

I agree that I would not want them in unlined paper.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, puma52 said:

Littlebalky....these are BEAUTIFUL and you are being way TOO hard on yourself! These look awesome!!! I love your colors too!!! Just gorgeous!! :) I use all paraffin, but if you list your recipe for yours hopefully someone else who uses your blend can give some info. But I think they look wonderful! When I get home from work tonight I will take pictures of the 5 chunk blends I made on Saturday. All of mine do not turn out perfect either...I just pick out the ones that look great for the pictures :) ...but I will show you pics including the good, the bad and the ugly of mine. I just throw them all in together anyhow. :) 

Puma thank you!!! I would absolutely love to see all your photos!! I think i read you use 4625/4794 blend. Is that 50/50?

What I'm using for the chunks is equal parts IGI 6006 (parasoy container)/ 650 (parasoy votive)/ IGI 4625 (paraffin pillar). The 4625 is the paraffin pillar and is super hard to cut so I ordered 450 paraffin pillar as it's in granule form but I have yet to use it. Any help on this recipe would be appreciated.  It may actually be ok....after going back to the chunks a day later they don't feel as "creamy" as they were feeling yesterday. Do you find that to be the case with yours Puma?

Edited by Littlebalky
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, justajesuschick said:

You can put them in open/tie top polypropylene bags and tie with coordinating ribbon or closure that aligns with your brand. Or depending on size or how many you are including in an order, zip top polypropylene bags. The well-known online chunk tart sellers sell them both ways. A couple of the most popular sell a chunk in a maybe 5x5 or 6x6 polypropylene bag. I have a bunch of polypropylene lined Kraft 1 pound bakery/coffee bags (I have several sizes of open/tie top and zip tops bags as well). If you'd want to pay $5.80 for a Padded Flat Rate mailing envelope, I could send you a few to play with. 

I agree that I would not want them in unlined paper.

I would love to take you up on that offer 

pm me your PayPal to send the money 

11 hours ago, puma52 said:

I agree....so beautiful!! Love the shiny!! :)

Thank you!  I am using paraffin 4625/4627 blend.  The molds are 'generic' silicone I bought from ebay, they work beautifully.  

• Like 2

ok....here's my

6 hours ago, Littlebalky said:

Puma thank you!!! I would absolutely love to see all your photos!! I think i read you use 4625/4794 blend. Is that 50/50?

What I'm using for the chunks is equal parts IGI 6006 (parasoy container)/ 650 (parasoy votive)/ IGI 4625 (paraffin pillar). The 4625 is the paraffin pillar and is super hard to cut so I ordered 450 paraffin pillar as it's in granule form but I have yet to use it. Any help on this recipe would be appreciated.  It may actually be ok....after going back to the chunks a day later they don't feel as "creamy" as they were feeling yesterday. Do you find that to be the case with yours Puma?

Well Littlebalky...I use the harder paraffin wax, so it never gets creamy, but it can be difficult to work with. I am so sorry, but I have never worked the parasoy. Doggone  it, someone else I hope will chime in.  Yes I do use 4625/4794 50/50. :) 

Edited by puma52

Ok....this is what I made this weekend....please note..I HAVE REJECT PICS ...3 of them...they are rejects, but they are never rejected...after I put in my nice square looking chunks in my bags...the weighed part for the customer.... I THEN slip in one or two of the rejects, but not rejected. Hey it's all good...more to melt...it's going to look worse as it melts anyhow. :) 

The green chunks are what I am calling Secret Spa...I thought about Silent Spa too because of how quiet and relaxing it is in a Spa....I just might take turns with both names. I did the chunks in Light Green Chunks - Green Tea (from Indigo..I did like this) , Med Dark Green Chunks - Cucumber, Overpour Med Green-  Bamboo. The multi color bright chunk I am calling Beach House Bungalow...Med Red Chunks - Pink Sands, Dark Teal Blue Chunks - Blue Hawaiian, Lime Green Chunks - Key Lime Pie - Overpour yellow - Pineapple. The coffee colored chunk..yummm....I am calling Coffee Espresso Cafe - Dark Brown Chunks - Mocha, Medium Brown Chunks - Vanilla Hazelnut Mocha, Caramel Colored Chunks - Kahlua Dreams (from Indigo) (This is a new one to me...did not like at all .....instead next time I am making this same color but doing my blend for it in .50 Cocoa and .50 Vanilla Voodoo), Overpour Cream - Cafe Cubano , Tan Chunk w/Cream overpour.....Calling this one My Private Beach.. Med Tan Chunks - Caribbean Teakwood , Overpour Cream - Black Coconut  (had been wondering about this scent blend...this is NICE!),  last one....I am calling Sugar Sugar Baby - Light Tan Color Chunks  - Sugar Waffle Cone (from Indigo...I LIKE) , Darker Tan Chunks - Sugared Vanilla Shortbread , Overpour.- I couldn't decide what to do I wanted to do Vanilla Ice Cream and I wanted to do Angel Food Cake so this is what I done...I blended both of them together and poured ! Ahhh smells so good! :) Oh my after I posted, the pics scattered and are not in order. Good thing I described... hee hee.

IMG_0681small.jpg

IMG_0678small.jpg

IMG_0675.JPG

IMG_0671small.jpg

IMG_0665small.jpg

IMG_0667small.jpg

IMG_0663small.jpg

IMG_0659small.jpg

IMG_0655small.jpg

Edited by puma52
  • Like 3

You're all making AWESOME looking chunks! :)  I REALLY need to simplify my formula.  I'm using a blend of 4 different waxes and it's a pain in my arse.  I was previously using an all paraffin blend, but wasn't happy with my sales.  The Facebook wax community really hypes on parasoy vendors, so despite my undying love of paraffin, I've switched to parasoy.  No matter what parasoy formula I try though, my paraffin formula WHOMPS it every time.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Daisymay66 said:

I just love this thread! Just wanted to tell ya all that!! :) so many amazing and talented people! Your all so inspiring! ;) thank you all for sharing!! :);) 

I whole heartedly agree with you Daisy!  This site as a whole has been a Godsend to me.  I don't post much, but I follow constantly!  I've got to learn to simplify my life so I can get some of these things made! lol

• Like 2

14 hours ago, moonshine said:

I would love to take you up on that offer 

pm me your PayPal to send the money 

Between full time job and a stack of online orders for wax, yesterday was a blur!

I will send that. Can you please let me know if all you need are Kraft bakery bags or if you want any open top or zip top polypropylene bags for testing as well so I know exactly what to send?

Thanks!

On March 7, 2016 at 9:15 PM, MLG said:

I love these!   I can almost smell them through my iPad :)  I have been following this thread, but have yet to make mine.  I need to get my rearend in gear! lol.   Nice job!

Thank you!! Do it!! You'll be so glad you did!