Fragrance Buddy

ChandlerWicks

I need to get on my stock and start using more of them. I am currently restocking other fragrances. I've only used the salted caramel in wax and that is shame on my part. I mostly bought them for their lush dupes and those I've used in bath bombs. I'm in love with the olive branch, but that means others don't. I seem to be in a rut where what I fall for doesn't move. On occasions something will though. I really like Supernova and have to make more. I think we did use her Love Spell and the person buying a perfume bar in it really liked it. I'm not sure I like it as well as others I've tried. I'd better try it out in wax and see. 

Edited by Scented

Not me. I'm trying to get through their Lush dupes that seem to be pretty dead on so I have a reason to order ... more. Also trying to get through some of MW stuff where I'm close to being out so I can compare a little.

Scented, have you tried any of the Lush dupes in soap yet? Which ones do you like? I've been so tempted to order, but haven't seen any soap reviews yet. Thanks!

Not in soap yet. I went for bath bombs. I get a rough idea if they're going to turn on me in that product. I have a bunch of the dupes though. Olive Branch, Supernova, Vanillary, Champagne Snow Showers, Snow Cake, Skinny Dip, Fever, Candy Fluff and Sultana. 

I think they'd all hold up in soap, but if you went out and bought a bunch and they didn't, I'd feel badly, because I hadn't soaped them. Saying that though, I would bet Olive Branch and supernova would do fantastic. That isn't saying the others wouldn't. Those are just my favs.  :wub:

• Like 1

I am waiting for the sugar cookie royale, Merlin's forest and lavender sage before I buy- should be done in another week or so/ I am anxious to see if fairy garden is right on - while I am waiting I am just using up what I have left of the originals

Not in soap yet. I went for bath bombs. I get a rough idea if they're going to turn on me in that product. I have a bunch of the dupes though. Olive Branch, Supernova, Vanillary, Champagne Snow Showers, Snow Cake, Skinny Dip, Fever, Candy Fluff and Sultana. 

I think they'd all hold up in soap, but if you went out and bought a bunch and they didn't, I'd feel badly, because I hadn't soaped them. Saying that though, I would bet Olive Branch and supernova would do fantastic. That isn't saying the others wouldn't. Those are just my favs.  :wub:

Thanks!

Wow, you have a lot! I want to try them in cp, syndets, and lotion. I 'm making a list, and will probably order some samples when I get caught up. I like the variety FB has and the free shipping option is definately a plus:-)

Yes, it definitely is. The Vanillary has not discolored in the bath bomb reportedly and it was made in early December. We held some back to get an idea (well I insisted we do that). However, take that with a grain of salt, because that's going on the seller's word and he fibs from time to time thinking I won't yell at him, when all I want to know is if the color changes. I try to eliminate the ones that do. 

• 2 months later...

What I've used Steve have been in bath bombs, but they are pretty close to real thing. Supernova has been a hit. Just did the avobath (lemongrass and avocado ... it makes a nice lemon fragrance on the bright end of things). 

Vanilliary never discolored and it's what it says. 

Candy Fluff, reminds me of a tutti fruitti mix

Sultana has become my new favorite. While it has fruity notes, it isn't overly sweet. Not sour, just very mellow and nice for the scent. 

I still haven't done Fever (I imagine it's supposed to be a jasmine and rose mix), Skinny Dip or American Cream or Rose Jam (the stinkiest of the lot and not in a good way. Can't bring myself to open that bottle again.) 

The snowcake one is marzipan.

Champage and Snow Showers hasn't been done either. It has a familiar smell to it OOB, but I can't place it at the moment.

Olive Branch gets a complete thumbs up, but it's a fave of mine. 

I never got trichomania or FLoating Island or Flying Fox or Jungle or Porridge or The Comforter or You Snap the Whip. I have someone else's honey I washed the kids and karma and Rock Star and Sex Bomb. 

Sorry, not terribly helpful. I am wanting to try all of the ones I do have in soap and that might be more helpful to you.

The only one I have soaped is Trichomania.  Depending on your recipe it might accelerate.  I soap RTCP and it wasn't too bad. Some have had issues with separation in the mold.  I didn't have that but it was definitely a heater.  Had to take the lid off the mold.  I didn't do a swirl or any color.  It has discolored to a very dark brown.  I'm not sure that it really smells like coconut.  It's not bad but not a favorite of mine.

Haven't soaped Sultana or Olive Branch yet.

• Like 1

Hubby soaped their Karma.  It performed well overall, but I personally feel that it's too light for anything but perfumes.  I've never smelled any of Lush's products, so no clue as to how close it is to the original.  We changed the name so I didn't have to deal with the whole "this smells nothing like..." ordeal :)

• 1 month later...

Ok, using one ounce in a two pound log mold, bath bombs and all Lush dupes but one: Supernova-beautiful-perfect-5 stars, Sultana-same results, just beautiful and so easy to soap-5 stars, Rose Jam-Scented says, "Stinky" but I say, "came alive in soap and is very sexy and feminine" -5 stars, Jungle-My absolute favorite for bath bombs,soap anything-10 stars, Cucumber/Melon-what can I say? perfection 100 stars. The Lush dupes are taking off with customers and its hard to keep product. I have more samples to test but so far FB is really impressing me with the way these formulations behave in cp and bath bombs. I'm not to sure about candles and frankly, I'd rather put these in b&b applications than candles but we'll see. HTH

Steve

LOL! Steve. I will take your word for it that it comes alive and give it a try rather than a PU when I open the bottle! 

I have to bomb this weekend as well as soap and make candles ... how that all happens will surprise even me. Not going to get started on it till tomorrow when I finally don't have to work ... mid-afternoon I suppose. 

Supernova and Sultana though will be my firsts though. 

That all said ... who has tried the following:

Black Cedarwood & Juniper

Black Coconut (I think a few of us were looking at it and wondering)

Pumpkin sugared donut (I'm not a foodie person and we can't move a pumpkin if we wanted ... but I'm still hopeful)

Suede and Lace (is this suede?)

Can anyone compare the Cookie Kitchen to say a Grandmother's Cupboard is it?

Buttercream crunch cake? (I'm looking for the crunches to try as a mix in potpourri ... used to have a fantastic pumpkin crunch and apple crunch that moved well for us in potpourri. These weren't something you could buy off the shelf I guess ... but someone's mix and that someone isn't around any more.)  

I've tried Aztec's black coconut and I have a sample of black coconut from FB and OOB they smell exactly the same.

I also have a bottle of Cookie Kitchen but haven't put it in wax. OOB it doesn't have the spice scent to it that Grandmother's cupboard has, at least not to my nose. I would be glad to send you some of each scent!