Fragrance Buddy

ChandlerWicks

Thanks so much for posting all these testers, Tracey! Looks like a lot of them discolor. It would be great if you could update on the scent retention after they cure a bit. Which are your favorites so far?

I'll be happy to update! So far my favorites are:

Passionate Kisses-light but good

Kai-love it, strong

Fever-great scent, light

Let them eat cake-blah, light

Floating Island- maybe patch, but too light to smell

Bedtime Bath-light

Very Sexy-light but good

Pink Sugar-good medium strength

Porridge-doublemint gum????

Jungle-good medium

Wild Mt. Honey-good, medium

Love Spell-yuch, medium

Vanillary-strong, don't like, it has the same scent that Honey Bee from Southern Soapers has.

The Olive Branch-light but good

Cranberry Woods-great, medium

Falling in Love-good, light

Sex Bomb-good medium

Strawberry Patch-great, medium

Candy Fluff-no, light

Rock Star-no, light

Champagne Snow, different scent, not sure I like it, medium

Pure Seduction-good, medium

The Comforter, nope, medium

Snow Cake-yummy, light almondy scent

Sweet Temptation-good medium

Rose Jam-I like it, softer, much softer them MWs Gypsy Rose, much better! If you have to sell a rose type this is it.

Avobath-love love lemony, strong!

Sultana, good! medium light

Amazing Grace-too light to smell

You snap the whip-too light

Toasted Marshmallow-light

Banana-good, can't wait to try in wax

Tricomania-looks like cinnamon applesauce, too light

Flying Fox-good, medium light

Karma-good, patchouli with something like Nag Champa in it

Honey I washed the Kids-ltoo light too smell

Skinny Dip-Good, medium light

Supernova-Good medium light

Hopefully these will get stronger with time. Or maybe HP them.

Later this week I think I'll attempt the cranberry woods too. It would work to follow cranberry peppermint I think. 

Anyone have an opinion on the cashmere woods was it?

Cashmere Woods was super light OOB so I never bothered putting it in wax. Not sure how it would do in bath bombs. There are just better cashmere scents out there IMO.

I made CP soap with the Moonworks Dupe of Patchouli Passion, and it is a perfect match, I was able to compare them side by side. The scent is really strong, I am at the two week point of cure and I used .85% per pound, I could use less next time. I also soaped the Winter Festival, and it is also strong, I am very happy with both of these in soap.

• Like 1

Cashmere Woods was super light OOB so I never bothered putting it in wax. Not sure how it would do in bath bombs. There are just better cashmere scents out there IMO.

Yeah I was disappointed in the light OOB and thought man this is just for bath bombs if that, but sometimes light sticks around in soap and sometimes it just dies. I guess that's why this scent just sits around, but I have orders to get stuff used up.,

My soaps have been curing for about a week now, and Japanese Cherry blossom is holding up great! no fading at this point..I'm happy with this one so far! Be prepared for some acceleration if you soap this one and discount the water. I used 4 colors for swirling and also goat milk in the recipe. Next time I'll use full water.

Rose Jam smells better than when I initially cut it, but is just too light for my taste, and is very light on the rose scent..will see how others take to it. It was so easy to soap, no acceleration whatsoever.

Coconut Lime Verbena is holding up great as well,but I did use a high % of fo in the sample bar. I still may hp this one and add a little coconut fo.

Very sexy for her- medium scent strength in the curing soap, but seems to be lacking some notes the original has imo..will have to see how it smells at cure.

OK did you discount on water with the RJ, Shar? Since I HAVE to use up stuff and I can't stand to open that bottle again unless I use the whole thing up ... I might have to soap it. 

And if something happens to TSW, I'm going to need someone to dupe that Ultraviolet, I think. Not sure I would go back to these people though. I just don't feel like my experience has been all that great with them. Won't keep me from ordering from them in the future, but I won't be rushing to order from them either. 

Not Shar here, butI also soaped Rose Jam about two weeks ago, for me the scent isn't light, I would say medium. I used the maximum amount that was skin safe; 4%. The scent hasn't faded, but it has changed into a more pleasant fragrance. When I poured and cut the soap there was this strange very familiar scent that I couldn't place. That scent is much less now, the best way I would describe the fragrance is roses with some sweetness. The rose is more pronounced now. I am curious to see how this one sells. I used 35% water discount, had some goat milk in there too, and there was no acceleration. I played around with a few colors.

• Like 1

My recipe contains a high % of hard oils, which traces fast, used coconut milk too, and I think I discounted the water at 33% in soap calc. Easy fo to work with, batter was nice and fluid at pour.

I'm kinda hesitant to order from TSW right now, as I'm not sure what is going on with this company lately. Waiting to hear positive news, and restocking oils, answering calls and emails etc..It's a shame, as they have some quality fo's. I'm almost out of Provence, and haven't heard of a good replacement for it.

Let us know how it soaps, and how it smells in the soap after curing a bit. I hope mine keeps blossoming:) I hate to waste fo's, so if it doesn't go over well with my customer base I plan on doctoring it up with MW gypsy rose, pomegranate fo, and mac apple maybe.

I agree that it needs a name change.

There are two new MW fragrance oils at Fragrance Buddy! Gypsy Rose, and Beeswax & Propolis. Has anyone soaped with the originals? I have heard that the Gypsy Rose moves fast, but have never used either one of these. Wonder if he will be adding any others?

Gypsy rose is my favorite rose, and was hoping FB would dupe it! I'll have to order some:)

It does accelerate a bit, so I don't discount the water. I usually stick blend pink colorant in with my oils before adding my lye solution It's Nice and strong, and sticks great! MW gypsy rose sells better than any other rose that I've soaped. In fact I've sold out again and need go make a new batch.

• 4 weeks later...

I got FB's Gypsy Rose fo today, and smells like a pretty good dupe of Moon Works version. I tested both versions on each wrist to judge and FB's May lack a little bit of the depth or richness that the original has, but I think it's a close match:) Will put it in soap soon..