Fragrance Buddy

ChandlerWicks

Just an FYI that elements sensuous black rose is the same as MW gypsy rose

Myself and many others I have had try this can tell no difference

Yes, I remember you mentioning the black sensuous rose, and I made a note to order their version, but I need to figure out what else to get from Elements,lol! Maybe Patchouli honey?

The only person I know in this world who ever thinks it's fine to just order one FO anywhere is my partner. Then I tell him what the cost of that ONE item will be and he moans, occasionally says "I don't care order it," and when I do and it gets made and hears the cost he's like wth! After  almost 15 years of us doing this together, he's slooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooowly learning it's better to get more than just one thing (except he's back to insisting we just order one thing and I won't do it.) 

• Like 1

Sultana soaped great and sticks in cp, though it's not a strong scent- it's nice and mellow, and like it. Soaps are at 8 week cure. I also have NG version "Royal B" , and imo FB is a little stronger oob. I have snow cake from both suppliers- don't care for either one..I did a tester soap using NG version and almost no scent..really bland fo... I haven't tested FB, and probably won't.

What is FB name for their "Royal B"?  I have NGs "Royal B"...  Unless I missed it I dont think I saw that..??  I probably just missed it tho...HaHaa!!  =)

• 2 weeks later...

Gypsy rose is my favorite rose, and was hoping FB would dupe it! I'll have to order some:)

It does accelerate a bit, so I don't discount the water. I usually stick blend pink colorant in with my oils before adding my lye solution It's Nice and strong, and sticks great! MW gypsy rose sells better than any other rose that I've soaped. In fact I've sold out again and need go make a new batch.

Shar did you ever order the Gypsy Rose? I was just on the FB site and someone left one star, I really don't like the rating feature because anyone can give a rating, there is no way to see if the person even ordered. I want to include this in my next order, but now I'm a little unsure. I just finished a craft fair today, and couldn't believe how much Patchouli Passion soap I sold, everyone loved that one,

Shar did you ever order the Gypsy Rose? I was just on the FB site and someone left one star, I really don't like the rating feature because anyone can give a rating, there is no way to see if the person even ordered. I want to include this in my next order, but now I'm a little unsure. I just finished a craft fair today, and couldn't believe how much Patchouli Passion soap I sold, everyone loved that one,

I soaped FB Gypsy Rose on Tuesday, and I give it a thumbs up for scent retention, and I think it is pretty comparable to the original in cp soap. Do use full water, as it will accelarate and also heats up in the mold..went through gel very quickly. I don't think it will discolor.I added pink colorant to the oils before soaping, and added some a couple cups of soap confetti scraps, and so far no discoloration. The Japanese Cherry blossom from FB has been selling great for me. I love it, but another acclelorator fo, so I use full water. I ordered 2 more lbs. Of it last order. I also used goat milk in both soap batches.

I also like Sultana type, but not a good seller for me so far. I don't care for his version of Very Sexy for women in cp soap, don't like Rose Jam either.

Shar thank you for the reply!  I use goat milk in most of my soaps too, I didn't like the Rose Jam either, it has gotten better with age, and a few people liked it yesterday, but I didn't sell any. I used the Sultana for a bridal shower and I have a few requests for more from that shower. I had so many people pick up the Winter Festival and say that they loved it, but I didn't sell any. I had heard that Patchouli was popular now, but was really surprised that it sold even more than lavender. I really wish they would change their rating system on the FB site, 

Yw, Sonoma! I don't like the rating system on FB site either..I went on the site and changed the rating on gypsy rose,lol... I much rather rely on reviews on soap making boards:)

Sultana is lovely, I think I just have too many choices and people get overwhelmed..I need to bring that one to thier attention and it would probably sell better. Patchouli types don't sell that great in my area, but somedays they do..it varies. Most around my area like Essential Oil soaps, Oatmeal, fruity and clean types best.

• 3 weeks later...

Cross your fingers!!  I asked FB to dupe the Goddess (Old Mill) for me.  I sent sample and he didn't let me

know but it's listed on his new fos as a MW scent.  I just ordered and so hope it is my Goddess.  I sell a ton

of Goddess in cp, frostings and candles. I'll let you know :P :P .

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

These are the scents that I tried so far:

All Good Things - Not sure about this one. The quality is good, but to earthy for me.

Ancient Incense - LOVE

Black Pearl - Love, a very different lavender

Forest Nymph - great pine scent and unisex. I wonder if this could be an all year scent?

Goddess - OMGosh this is the most azaming scent. LOVE, LOVE and LOVE

Bella - Again LOVE, LOVE and Love

Golden Sands - I really like this, but it doesn't remind me of beach or water. It is a sweet innocent scent

Imogen Rose - This is a nice lovely, unique rose with a greenness to it.

Karma - is AMAZING and Wonderful

Serendipity - is Delicious. I got this from another source and it was weak. FB's is strong and amazing

Suede and Lace is perfection and great for both mean and women

Sugar Cookie Royale - Is the best sugar cookie out there

Tea and Cakes - Is my Favorite scent ever!!!!!! 

I am off to place another order. I will keep you guys posted

On February 18, 2016 at 4:40 PM, Jesusismygrace said:

These are the scents that I tried so far:

All Good Things - Not sure about this one. The quality is good, but to earthy for me.

Ancient Incense - LOVE

Black Pearl - Love, a very different lavender

Forest Nymph - great pine scent and unisex. I wonder if this could be an all year scent?

Goddess - OMGosh this is the most azaming scent. LOVE, LOVE and LOVE

Bella - Again LOVE, LOVE and Love

Golden Sands - I really like this, but it doesn't remind me of beach or water. It is a sweet innocent scent

Imogen Rose - This is a nice lovely, unique rose with a greenness to it.

Karma - is AMAZING and Wonderful

Serendipity - is Delicious. I got this from another source and it was weak. FB's is strong and amazing

Suede and Lace is perfection and great for both mean and women

Sugar Cookie Royale - Is the best sugar cookie out there

Tea and Cakes - Is my Favorite scent ever!!!!!! 

I am off to place another order. I will keep you guys posted

I have tried FB and I must say I love there oils I love ancient incense Suede and Leather is really good also... Sugar cookie Royale is great I've only tried one other and that was Aztec. Now I got strawberries and cream from FB and it didn't do well at all in my combination.. I'm testing black cedar wood and juniper from FB I must say its not bad.