Fragrance Buddy

ChandlerWicks

Sultana soaped great and sticks in cp, though it's not a strong scent- it's nice and mellow, and like it. Soaps are at 8 week cure. I also have NG version "Royal B" , and imo FB is a little stronger oob. I have snow cake from both suppliers- don't care for either one..I did a tester soap using NG version and almost no scent..really bland fo... I haven't tested FB, and probably won't.

I have Sultana on my list along with Rose Jam, and a bunch of the Moonworks scents. I would love to have some feedback before I purchase. I have  winter festival, native princess, sugar cookie royale, forest nymph, and sun & sand (yankee). I am debating the sugar cookie because I don't usually do food scents for soap. I figure if it is good it would make great tart melts.

Edited by Soappy Bubble

Thee Rose Jam reminds me of Camay brand soap with a touch of sweetness. It soaped beautifully and the fragrance has great depth. Rock Star is very nice but accelerated a tad on me. I want to soap Comforter and Champagne Snow Showers next.

Thanks for reviewing these, Steve! I can't wait to soap Rose Jam! I remember you reviewed FB cucumber melon and I ordered some of it too! I've been looking for a better version. I ordered several and will post reviews when I soap them as well. I didn't get Rock Star, but I have it from NG when they first came out with it, and wasn't crazy about it- shoe store smell is what a couple people told me it smelled like in the soap. Didn't sell very well for me and had to clearance some bars. Maybe FB's is different.

I got order on thursday..

Omg the Black coconut is yummo- like a tropical drink, strong too!

Coconut Lime Verbena- smells great

Cucumber melon- Great dupe!

Japanese Cherry Blossom- best dupe I've smelled so far!

Very Sexy for women- smells good

Rose jam- not liking it oob

Amarige- wowzer, very strong floral perfumey smell

I' m looking forward to testing all of these!

all the essential oils were in plastic bottles, but smelled of decent quality. I prefer New directions patchouli, but FB's smells real good too for the price I paid $14 for 4 oz. Bottle.

On thursday I blended FB trichomania with NG Coconut Craze in oven HP and it smells so good!post-9169-0-34014500-1410052491_thumb.jp

Sultana soaped great and sticks in cp, though it's not a strong scent- it's nice and mellow, and like it. Soaps are at 8 week cure. I also have NG version "Royal B" , and imo FB is a little stronger oob. I have snow cake from both suppliers- don't care for either one..I did a tester soap using NG version and almost no scent..really bland fo... I haven't tested FB, and probably won't.

Ahhh I see you HP so that kind of kills my question about whether or not to put some TD in Sultana. I love this fragrance immensely and want to soap it ... even if it might just be for me.

As for Rose Jam ... stinky little thing OOB isn't it?

Edited by Scented

Ahhh I see you HP so that kind of kills my question about whether or not to put some TD in Sultana. I love this fragrance immensely and want to soap it ... even if it might just be for me.

As for Rose Jam ... stinky little thing OOB isn't it?

I only hp the coconut fragrances mostly. I soaped Sultana using cp method, fragrance sticks great in the soap, lovely fragrance, but does have some light discoloration, slight pinkish hue, so you might want to add TD and a little vanilla stabilizer.

Lol, yes the rose jam was my least favorite oob, but my soaping oils are cooling off right now and I'm going to soap in a bit. I'm also going to soap FB japanese cherry blossom, and very sexy for women..I made a tester bar 3 oz. Fb's Coconut lime verbena, used 9 grams fo and smells pretty good, but I'm going to Hp it and add a little trichomania I think, or maybe wait and see how it smells after a few days of curing.

FB's Black Coconut separated in the cp tester bar I made. Typical of many coconut fragrances I've tested, but was hoping this one would work... I also made a tester soap in FB's amirage dupe, and major acceleration! It is a very strong floral, and it might work if full water is used, and less fo.

FB's Very Sexy for women was very workable in cp at33% water discount and used 3 colors for swirling, and went very light handed with the stick blender.

FB's Japanese Cherry Blossom- soaped at 33% water discount, Goat milk recipe..I used 4 colors for swirling and was rushing to the mold! It thickened up pretty quick, so I probably shouldn't have discounted the water amount. It's a great dupe imo, and will see how the scent holds up at cure.

FB's Rose Jam was sooo easy to soap! The soap batter stayed very fluid, and I just hope I like how it smells, lol..

I also soaped Midsummer's night..I only had a sample and mixed it with samples from MC and LS samples- goat milk recipe, 4 color swirl and had to really hurry with this one, but smells really good!

I cut the Rose jam soap earlier. It was still slightly warm and used some coconut milk in my recipe.. too soon to tell right now, but so far I'm not liking it.I can't srand that icky oob note! I hope it blooms into a nice smell with cure.

Japanese Cherry blossom is so lovely!! Will have to see how it holds up.

The Black coconut, I mentioned that there were separation - I poured it in the mold anyway and kept mixing it periodically and it has set up in the mold- smells like cherry silly putty, lol..

Coconut lime verbena sample is smelling great, but I went a little heavy handed on the fo. Someone sent me a soap sample of WSP's version before and I think this may be very close match.

post-9009-0-30429900-1410174905_thumb.jppost-9009-0-12427700-1410174914_thumb.jp

The FO may be leaking because of not having the room to stir correctly. These were made yesterday. "You snap the whip' on FB website says soapsafe, but then no %s so I just added it anyway, in case. Some are not smooth because of the stirring issue. I forgot to make a plain sample. 

Strawberry Patch

Kai

Banana

The 4 above heated & kind of seized. The FO strength is not strong at this point, I can post weekly pics of changes, if anyone is interested beyond these pics.

Edited by ChandlerWicks

I suppose Rose Jam is a matter of taste but it has moved well with customers. Sex bomb, Supernova, Jungle and Sultana are sticking very well with no acceleration or any other issues. Soaps beautifully. I made Strawberry Patch in candles (I was confused in thinking "Patch")and it has a fairly good ct/ht that is not plastic. I did have an issue with the Cucumber Melon and goat milk with aloe vera juice for my water; smells really off. I'll try another batch with no aloe vera and see what happens. I had made a test batch with goat milk and it was wonderful. Rock Star is light but still a nice enough fragrance. The Lush fragrances are reasonably priced and are strong enough for soaping applications. I really don't want to use them in wax, as they do so well with soaps and bath bombs. All I can say is that Lush really has it going on IMHO. These are very likeable fragrances that could appeal to both men and women. I have enough of the other fos in stock for wax applications that will get me through the seasons. HTH

Steve