Does this scare anyone else?

If I got upset about all the crappy candles listed on the internet, I wouldn't get anything done. I have educated my customers over the years that they don't even bother with stupid things like this anymore. Those are no different than tea lights, just a little smaller. The only problem with that is these people never list EXACTLY what size wick to use. Martha Stewart is a big problem making unsafe candles on her shows!!

Smaller than tealights. But the wick/flame is way big for that so I guess the bottle top will get hot. Would be maybe OK for a floater. I wonder if folks who damage the top with a cheap beer bottle opener would experience leakage. Should be nice and toasty to anyone who wants to relocate it.

I saw those bottlecap candles on etsy. They sell them as emergency candles. So me had to try one out for myself. I used a nonbent bottlecap Ecosoya PB wax and a eco 1 tealight wick. I burned it on a candle safe dish. The bottlecap burned really nice I had a good flame and the burn lasted about 1 hour and 20 minutes. The only thing is that the bottlecap did get a little warm. They are cute but not sure I would sell them because of saftey reasons.

If I got upset about all the crappy candles listed on the internet, I wouldn't get anything done. I have educated my customers over the years that they don't even bother with stupid things like this anymore. Those are no different than tea lights, just a little smaller. The only problem with that is these people never list EXACTLY what size wick to use. Martha Stewart is a big problem making unsafe candles on her shows!!

My thoughts exactly.

"We saw these crafty bottle-cap candles scattered around the spread at a beer dinner..."

Beer and open flames from horribly poorly made candles sounds like a recipe for disaster.

"Beer dinner" says it all. Gotta be intoxicated for crafty candle bottle caps actually it's recommended since we're just making bad decisions all around LOL