Can't choose a wax....

Kimmeroo what do you think of 6006?, This is the wax I use and I love the way it looks and I have got it to set up with little to no wetspots, I do temper my wax,(why? I dont know) but im just not please with the HT, I mean its ok but not like I want, I use zinc wicks which I do like but do you think it could be the wicks? oh im using 7oz elemental jars if that helps and maybe 6-8% fo

I only bought a slab of it and I like the look but not the HT. I am trying to use it up....mixing with 415..I like the mix but am sticking with C3 for now.

Kimmeroo what do you think of 6006?, This is the wax I use and I love the way it looks and I have got it to set up with little to no wetspots, I do temper my wax,(why? I dont know) but im just not please with the HT, I mean its ok but not like I want, I use zinc wicks which I do like but do you think it could be the wicks? oh im using 7oz elemental jars if that helps and maybe 6-8% fo

I'm impressed that you've gotten 6006 to set up with little to no wet spots! It must be because you temper it. I used zincs with 6006 and got good HT by using at least 9% FO load of the three-leaf-rated CS FOs, and by stirring thoroughly for at least 2 minutes.

I've used USA with CO without any problem at all. What problems were there when used together in 415?

I used these two together in C3 and had horrible seepage with every single candle...drove me nuts lol! Now, I temper and use USA and no longer have these issues.

You know, I've been experimenting a little with paraffin, parasoy, and my own blends and for me, I keep coming back to C3. I have my system down and it works well...I still get better ct/ht from C3. I have not tested USA in parasoy...when I tried 6006, I got smooth tops and decent ht but the wet spots drove me nuts. Even tho I temper and use USA, I don't (won't) prewarm jars and wet spots are my pet peeve. I know they don't affect the burn or throw, but I just don't want to deal with them LOL!

I'm not sure why you want to use USA in 6006...the tops usually look great with this wax and it looks good after subsequent burns. From what I've read, 6006 should be poured into prewarmed containers to help with wet spots, maybe try a little CO to make it even creamier and it may have better adhesion. I didn't test this wax for long...just doesn't compare to C3 imo.

Using a little CO with the 6006 will help with wet spots. Both waxes in my blend have a tendency towards wet spots but once I started adding a touch of the CO they are almost never a problem. I do warm my jars though. In the last couple of batches that I did in a new jar that I have been experimenting with I ommitted it just to see if it made that big of a difference and guess what...they're back. I do have to say though, it is getting colder here so the temperatue change could also be part of it. Also, with the 6006 I have to use a higher fo load to get the ct/ht that I want but overall this is one of my favorite waxes.

You know, I've been experimenting a little with paraffin, parasoy, and my own blends and for me, I keep coming back to C3. I have my system down and it works well...I still get better ct/ht from C3. I have not tested USA in parasoy...when I tried 6006, I got smooth tops and decent ht but the wet spots drove me nuts. Even tho I temper and use USA, I don't (won't) prewarm jars and wet spots are my pet peeve. I know they don't affect the burn or throw, but I just don't want to deal with them LOL!

I'm not sure why you want to use USA in 6006...the tops usually look great with this wax and it looks good after subsequent burns. From what I've read, 6006 should be poured into prewarmed containers to help with wet spots, maybe try a little CO to make it even creamier and it may have better adhesion. I didn't test this wax for long...just doesn't compare to C3 imo.

I don't use 6006 anymore, but when I did I always warmed my jars and it didn't help the wet spots. Addding CO didn't help the wet spots either. I was just wondering if USA was known to help the wet spots in 6006. I knew a candle shop owner who only used 6006 and loved it, and she made many different kinds of jars, and her candles never had wet spots so I don't know what her trick was.

• 2 years later...

You can sprinkle wax crumbles on the tops, maybe with some glitter.

Ahem, remember my short fuse? lol

No, no patience for sprinkling wax crumbs, glitter crumbs, or even bread crumbs  :lol:  So much for having more patience as one gets older, hehehe!

HS I know you haven't wanted to try soy, but it is so much easier to wick then 4627. I love the way it burns, smells with bakery FOs. Since you can wick the beast(4627) soy would be a breeze. The other issues that come with soy I'm not concerned with at this point. If they start bothering me, I'll deal with them at that time.

I have been testing 464 and really like it so far, as much as I can like a soy vs paraffin. LOL. Anyway, I'm testing the straight sided JJ's and find that

I can wick many of my fo's with cd 8's. No dye. Is that normal? I would like that soy would need a CD 10. I do test the 10's of course, but they have all

been too hot. I use 10% fo load. Any thoughts? :)

• 3 weeks later...