Moonworks Patchouli

nursenancy

Just placed my FIRST order with Moonworks..can't wait! :) I purchased a little bit of everything..and lots of some others! haha

<sigh> I did the same thing. Flat rate shipping is just to enabling.

Shes uber quick too - got my shipping notification a couple of hours after hitting the Submit button.

That Rhonda is quicker than the speed of light. I got home late last night and found my oils waiting for me. That Patchouli is goooooooooooood. Hoping it works well in my soy candle system.

Now if she can find a great Dragon's Blood and Nag Champa I'll be in total heaven. I love TSW Dragons' blood except for the price. NG is nice, but nowhere near as good. <sigh>

She wrote on FB she's waiting for samples of Pinion Pine to test for all of you PP lovers. Hopefully she'll find formulas for DB & NG that are incredible.

I've asked for Lily & Cantaloupe, because none I've tested are strong. & & & & Spicy Apples & Peaches. Evidently she likes getting requests for FOs.

I picked up a bunch (Suede, Celestial Sea, Autumn Embers, Sugar Cookie Royale, Ancient Incense, Celtic Myst, Morning Sunrise, bergamot & tobacco.

Bergamot & Tobacco is intriguing. I hope to get to play a bit tonight that and Patchouli. If time permits a couple of others too in CP and a bit of wax. OOB the incence and embers FO's smell really nice and fairly complex. In my old age I'm liking the base notes more... Jury is out on Morning Sunrise and Celestial Sea at the moment.

I picked up a bunch (Suede, Celestial Sea, Autumn Embers, Sugar Cookie Royale, Ancient Incense, Celtic Myst, Morning Sunrise, bergamot & tobacco.

Bergamot & Tobacco is intriguing. I hope to get to play a bit tonight that and Patchouli. If time permits a couple of others too in CP and a bit of wax. OOB the incence and embers FO's smell really nice and fairly complex. In my old age I'm liking the base notes more... Jury is out on Morning Sunrise and Celestial Sea at the moment.

The Sugar Cookie is amazing! Awesome HT! IMO the best sugar cookie ever! :-)

Don't judge the Celestial Sea OOB. When you put it in wax and it has a few days to cure. It is the best ocean scent I've smelled. Barely detect any florals and it has a salty note too! For me it has a medium HT.

I'm still testing Morning Sunrise and it seems to need a longer cure for me but Rhonda notes that it did well for her in her testing. If anything it will be a good soap scent :-)

The Sugar Cookie is amazing! Awesome HT! IMO the best sugar cookie ever! :-)

Don't judge the Celestial Sea OOB. When you put it in wax and it has a few days to cure. It is the best ocean scent I've smelled. Barely detect any florals and it has a salty note too! For me it has a medium HT.

I'm still testing Morning Sunrise and it seems to need a longer cure for me but Rhonda notes that it did well for her in her testing. If anything it will be a good soap scent :-)

Thanks for sharing your experiences Jack! It gives me the inspiration I need to go make a mess in the workshop this morning. I don't have any sea in my line and could probably use some to shake up all the incensy types I've accumulated :D. You'd think with growing up on the East coast that I would have more. I suppose being displaced to the Midwest has changed my scent preferences more than I thought!

Still having a hard time deciding about Morning SUnrise I have good citrus in soap already, so it will have to be exceptional to push those out. I'll give it a fair go to see before I pass judgement though.

How is the "Ancient Incense" and "Witches Brew"? I like the description of the Ancient Incense, but wonder if it's more spicy and less of a dark incense smell. Ditto, with regards to her Witches Brew...How does it compare to others?

Thanks in Advance.

Edited by rctfavr3

How is the "Ancient Incense" and "Witches Brew"? I like the description of the Ancient Incense, but wonder if it's more spicy and less of a dark incense smell. Ditto, with regards to her Witches Brew...How does it compare to others?

Thanks in Advance.

Rather than try to judge OOB, I dabbed a drop of a few new ones onto a square of paper towel. The dry down improves the already nice scents IMO.

I don't detect any spice notes in Ancient Incense. It's deep, complex and smooth all at the same time. It will make a beautiful cologne scent in B&B. I plan to test it in some CP later tonight. To me, it smells like a handsome gentleman.

Autumn Embers, on the other hand, has a very wee bit of a spice note to it. Though I'm not a big fan of spice, I find this one really beautiful. I may use it for my Blue Moon scent for Friday's special batch. It's a delightfully different fragrance. I'm betting it will be a successful unisex FO.

As a side note, I love love love how Rhonda labels her FO bottles. Everything you need is right there including usage rates for CP when they are lower than normal. I have to rethink Morning Sunrise since it has a UR of 3.1%...

ETA - OH MAN Sakes alive!! I just smelled both sniffies together. Swoon!

Edited by TallTayl

Rather than try to judge OOB, I dabbed a drop of a few new ones onto a square of paper towel. The dry down improves the already nice scents IMO.

I don't detect any spice notes in Ancient Incense. It's deep, complex and smooth all at the same time. It will make a beautiful cologne scent in B&B. I plan to test it in some CP later tonight. To me, it smells like a handsome gentleman.

Autumn Embers, on the other hand, has a very wee bit of a spice note to it. Though I'm not a big fan of spice, I find this one really beautiful. I may use it for my Blue Moon scent for Friday's special batch. It's a delightfully different fragrance. I'm betting it will be a successful unisex FO.

As a side note, I love love love how Rhonda labels her FO bottles. Everything you need is right there including usage rates for CP when they are lower than normal. I have to rethink Morning Sunrise since it has a UR of 3.1%...

ETA - OH MAN Sakes alive!! I just smelled both sniffies together. Swoon!

Oh thanks for the review. I must have missed it earlier. Ancient Incense sounds perfect! And I supposed it be pretty difficult to mess up a Witches Brew FO. Look forward to ordering them soon!

Edited by rctfavr3

Glad to help enable rctfavr - just don't take it all before I get my order in...

On my Morning Sunrise part of my previous post - I was wrong on the usage rate. The Bergamot & Tobacco is the 3.1%. Morning sunrise was up to 5%. Sorry for any confusion.

Bergamot & Tobacco is burning now too. It needs a little more time - and/or a slight bump in % . I can smell it a bit, but not like other strong players in my soy blend.

@Jackbenimble - I have a sugar cookie burning now. Even after only a 12 hour cure it shows promise. Smells nice in my sample soap too, but I don't favor brown soaps. :( I can't have it all.

Glad to help enable rctfavr - just don't take it all before I get my order in...

On my Morning Sunrise part of my previous post - I was wrong on the usage rate. The Bergamot & Tobacco is the 3.1%. Morning sunrise was up to 5%. Sorry for any confusion.

Bergamot & Tobacco is burning now too. It needs a little more time - and/or a slight bump in % . I can smell it a bit, but not like other strong players in my soy blend.

@Jackbenimble - I have a sugar cookie burning now. Even after only a 12 hour cure it shows promise. Smells nice in my sample soap too, but I don't favor brown soaps. :( I can't have it all.

This FO rocked for over 2 days in a melt, but I'm having trouble getting it wicked. Can't smell it much at all, so far. (2+ wks cure)

I've never ordered from Moonworks but I guess I'm going to have to order some of her oils on September 1st when her sale starts. I'm guessing, from the reviews in this thread, that the patchouli is worth the $30/lb price? I've also never ordered a straight patchouli so is it better straight, as a mixer, or both?

I'm glad you like it so far. I bet a cure time of 3 days would be good for your blend and it would have an incredible HT

Edited by jackbenimble

Guinevere's Attraction has a nutty note to my nose but maybe

more like syrupy pecans. Its a pretty nice scent, kind of upscale

bakery with hints of amber. I soaped it once and remember it

being pretty strong and long lasting, I think it D's to brown.

The patchouli is nice in soap too, straight, mixed or added to eo

as an extender. This is the same patchouli from Lebermuth, so if

moonworks is oos, you can get it them.

Thanks! I haven't tried in soap, just paraffin & soy.

Guinevere's Attraction has a nutty note to my nose but maybe

more like syrupy pecans. Its a pretty nice scent, kind of upscale

bakery with hints of amber. I soaped it once and remember it

being pretty strong and long lasting, I think it D's to brown.

The patchouli is nice in soap too, straight, mixed or added to eo

as an extender. This is the same patchouli from Lebermuth, so if

moonworks is oos, you can get it them.