New scarf I knitted

TexasBrat

This yarn is the latest craze lately. It was super easty to make too. The yarn I used is called Starbella and you can find it at most craft stores. There is even a tute on youtube to show how to knit it b/c it seems confusing at first. Easy peasy project that looks like it took forever.

50ec037e.jpg

e9e18e0e.jpg

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, thanks for the video link.

Does one skein make one scarf? I clicked another link on the YouTube page and the guy doing the tute said RedHeart brand makes the scarf an extra foot, made me think one skein, one scarf.

I'm always looking for something different to sell at my store. I might have to give those a try just to see how it goes.

Never mind. I looked up Starbella on JoAnn's site and it says one skein equals one scarf. It's $6.99/skein, but with a 50% coupon, what a deal!

What size needles do you use? The directions leave the needle size wide open.

Edited by SliverOfWax

Ya, one skein made the scarf you see in the picture, it is 60" long. The purple one I just made using Hobby Lobby's Yarn bee with the same amount on the skein as Starbella made my scarf 66" long. Not sure why but maybe I did a better job on the second one. lol

Also, it took me a little over 2 hours to knit one of these scarves.

Two hours? Wow! I could assembly-line them, lol.

Hmmmmm, assuming I spent around $7 for a skein, 2 hours labor, I wonder if they would sell for $25-$30?

Ya talked me into it! Like I need another damned thing to make!

I knew I could get you hooked.:yay:

Yeah, well, consider yourself on IGNORE! That's the only way I have to save myself from you!!!

biglaugh.gif

This place has decent prices on Starbella, and the shipping is reasonable. I've ordered from them before and was satisfied.

http://store.knitting-warehouse.com/yarn-deborahnorville-starbella.html

I'll probably get a skein at JoAnn's next week and if I like it making them, which I know I will, I'll load up my knitting warehouse cart.

Yeah, well, consider yourself on IGNORE! That's the only way I have to save myself from you!!!

biglaugh.gif

This place has decent prices on Starbella, and the shipping is reasonable. I've ordered from them before and was satisfied.

http://store.knitting-warehouse.com/yarn-deborahnorville-starbella.html

I'll probably get a skein at JoAnn's next week and if I like it making them, which I know I will, I'll load up my knitting warehouse cart.

Oh great! Now who is the enabler.:waiting: I have never seen that site before. :drool:

What size needles do you use? The directions leave the needle size wide open.

I used an 8 circular but a lady I talked to said her friend made one with size 13's. I dont see how the needle size makes any difference but I will try larger ones for the heck of it.

I was looking at the Red Heart video. He uses Size 9 needles and knits every other loop.

Since the loops are built into the yarn, I can see where the needle size wouldn't matter.

He was complaining that the needles he was using were too long, so since I'll have to buy needles, I think I'll try some short (6") bamboo needles, which I've never even heard of before, lol.

Oh, and the Red Heart at knitting warehouse is $3.99/skein. There doesn't seem to be as good a selection of Red Heart, though. He gets scarves a foot longer with Red Heart than with other brands.

He does 6 stitches per row, using every other loop.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I started my first one today. Worked on it for about 3 hours and it's only about half finished.

It will go faster as I develop my habits.

It takes longer to pull apart the yarn that the actual knitting.

Sure is fun. I'll make a ton of these.

If anybody sees a hat pattern using this yarn, please post it. Matching hats would be awesome!

Ok, Im the only person (including the men ) who can't crochet , knit, nor sew from a pattern ... but I think I might could do that ! I did start learning how to do "Tat" with needles years ago but I lost all my stuff and had babies so yeah that didn't work.

If nothing else, I can send skeins to my mom and say GO TO TOWN !! lo

THANKS for the idea !