Giant candle for my shop window

post-7425-13945849749_thumb.jpgpost-7425-13945849749_thumb.jpg

Made this with some paraffin I had lying around. I used a cookie tin for the mold and lx 26's. I had fun doing this project. It looks like there's a full melt pool, but there isn't. It's just that I did a second pour with a different color

post-7425-139458497499_thumb.jpg

post-7425-139458497503_thumb.jpg

post-7425-139458497507_thumb.jpg

post-7425-13945849751_thumb.jpg

Edited by nursenancy

Isn't it funny that we will go through months/weeks of testing to perfect the perfect burn ... and then once you get that experience under your belt you can instictively toss a few "leftovers" together and make a beautiful creation like you did ... Congrats!

How did you get the wick holes for it if you don't mind my asking

I used 4 wick pins, put them in the cookie tin, spaced evenly apart (they overlapped), traced the circles with a sharpie, then when I poured the successive layers, I put the wick pins in the same place. Then I just threaded the wick through the layers. I'll have to watch it closely when it burns to where the layers meet (I did join them with a second pour, but it's iffy), but so far it's burning great. If I make one this big again, I'll probably try a sono tube.

Very cool. I made a few huge candles and people bought them. I talked to a man from a wax company and he said the bigger the better. He made some that weighed 100 lbs. I was never that brave.....or crazy. :)

Donita