Ocean Scent: The Great Scent Challenge

rctfavr3

Well a little late now, but I do have fragrances ready to send out. That being said; What was originally going to be 4 distinct FOs quickly became 3 when I couldn't get an FO needed to make a 4th. With 3 blends developed I allowed some of my customers to test them. Unfortunantly, and oddly enough, they felt that 2 of thoses scents smelled very similar to one another even though they used entirely different FOs and notes in their blends...weird. So, I made the drastic decision to mix the 2, which I really like!

Down to 2.

So, here's the deliema, I have more than enough to ship out my 2 ocean FO blends for review, but If I am ever going to create the other 2 as originally planned, I'm going to have to order them or at least try tracking them done, as one of the scents needed is no longer carried by the supplier.

But, to be honest; I'm ready to ship out what I have. I'm fairly happy with the uniqueness of these 2 ocean scents versus what's currently on the market. Both clean, yet oddly pungent with a salty briny characteristic more close to a true ocean scent, IMHO. Please let me know what all you would like for me to do. I have more then enough to ship and still get it replicated by a supplier if this is the route we want to go.

All those that participated please chime in. Thanks.

Edited by rctfavr3

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone heard from Glowworm?

Glow contributed a few oils for scent blending and is entitled to the 2 samples along with JackBeNibble and Moonshine. I had planned on shipping them a few weeks back, and need Glow's address prior to shipping it out. I'd like to ship them all simultainously to save on shipping.

Was there anyone else that particiated in this? (by sending me oils) For some reason I thought there were more participants?

Has anyone heard from Glowworm?

Glow contributed a few oils for scent blending and is entitled to the 2 samples along with JackBeNibble and Moonshine. I had planned on shipping them a few weeks back, and need Glow's address prior to shipping it out. I'd like to ship them all simultainously to save on shipping.

Was there anyone else that particiated in this? (by sending me oils) For some reason I thought there were more participants?

Do you have my shipping info rctfavr3? I think I sent it to you before the blackout on here but I can send again if you don't have it.

Do you have my shipping info rctfavr3? I think I sent it to you before the blackout on here but I can send again if you don't have it.

Yeah. I got it pre-blackout. I would ship it to you know, but would like to ship them all at the same time to save on shipping and to have them reviewed simultaniously.

I wonder if anyone tried the Celestial Sea at Moonworks. It smells really oceany, briney...

Yes! I am testing it out now. I got a pound from her prebuy. It is a great briney scent but don't judge OOB because it's not that great but when you put it into wax. Man it's amazing! I'm using soy and the HT is medium for me. Its not overpowering but it takes about 30min for it to fill the room. I'd say a medium bedroom. It would not do well in a huge living room with high ceilings. You wouldn't even be able to smell it.

I'm still interested to smell what rctfavr3 came up with though! :-)

OK so I have Glowworm's addy. I'll be sending out the samples soon. Was there anyone I missed?

It's just Jackbenimble, Moonshine and Glowworm right?

Sample will be shipped Friday. It should be enough to make a small tart with each vial or just to burn in an oil warmer. Very excited!

Please PM me your reviews and suggestions. The most successful scent will either be reworked, or formulated by a supplier.

Edited by rctfavr3

• 2 weeks later...

They all shipped THIS Friday got behind on the shipping. Sorry bout that. Should get them soon. Be sure to smell them as is, and as a tart if you can make them. Not sure if they're soap compatable but if anyone is willing to test that out I'd appreciate it.

They all shipped THIS Friday got behind on the shipping. Sorry bout that. Should get them soon. Be sure to smell them as is, and as a tart if you can make them. Not sure if they're soap compatable but if anyone is willing to test that out I'd appreciate it.

Thank you! No worries about the shipping. I'm just so glad to be getting them! I'm definately going to make some tarts with them to test. Thanks again for being our master blender!

Sure No problem. Thanks. The goal was to make them as universal as possible. Both work as a standalone but are probably even better as a blender fragrance, to be used in conjunction with other ocean FOs. I'll be interested in seeing what you all think of them. I have my favorite!

Edited by rctfavr3