Need a flowery scent suggestion

tbowers8403

I'm trying to get a small scent list ready for a fall craft fair. I only can pick around 8 scents due to money factor and boy is it tough!

I never tested a flower scent and wondered if anyone can point me in the right direction.

I love Candlescience scents - so if you have a soy wax melt flower scent suggestion - please let me know! What smells good and what sells well for the flower category. I don't like flower scents myself (except for lavendar) which is already on my list.

I never thought of myself as a flowery person either but from candlescience the following have been really good for me-

Honeysuckle jasmine

Gardenia

Lemon Verbena

Dianes Carnartion

Their lavender is one of my favorites- but you already have that on your list!

CS's Honeysuckle is nothing like honeysuckle. It's really off.

However, CS's Rose is the truest rose I've ever made.

This is the only honeysuckle I have ever tried- what would you recommend as a true one? I have read a lot that honeysuckle and magnolia are to find accurate and not being a floral person I wouldn't know the difference

This is the only honeysuckle I have ever tried- what would you recommend as a true one? I have read a lot that honeysuckle and magnolia are to find accurate and not being a floral person I wouldn't know the difference

Same here.....the only one I have tried and had great luck with last year. I tried it in MP soap last week and boy is it strong. Really sticks well. Didn't fade out like some other scents I have tried out in soap.

I don't much care for florals either but did try a sample of Rain Water and have to agree with NaturallyTru. It's a very pretty scent. I usually get a headache doing florals and dread having to pour them in wax but no headache at all with Rain Water.

2 of my testers that love florals really liked Sweet Pea and Gardenia.

I've tried maybe 5 or 6 Honeysuckles over time and the only one that was good and true was from Greenleaf, now out of business.

Apparently it wasn't just my nose. My customers would not buy any others but when I started making Greenleaf's, they sold very well.

Tennessee has an excellent Sweet Pea, as is Tennessee's Cherry Blossom.

Jasmines and Magnolias are also hard to find, imo. The Real Magnolia from Sweetcakes is good. All Jasmines smell like dirty feet to me, so I can't recommend a good one.

Edited by SliverOfWax

The best Honeysuckle I have found is Fillmore's Honeysuckle.

CS Honeysuckle may be off but don't discount their Honeysuckle Jasmine. When I found this is became my best selling floral next to Lavender. Both from CS. I have been using them years and they are still my top selling florals. I do mix the Honeysuckle Jasmine and Rose 50/50% for a Honeysuckle Rose. The Honeysuckle Rose and Lavender are my top floral sellers.

If you need a floral make sure you get a classic floral; lavender, lilac, honeysuckle, jasmine, gardenia. Any of these will work but lavender outsells all the rest. So if you go with lavender get a good one. I am using the one from CS now.

T, since you mentioned needing flowery and you weren't into those ( me either, uughhh ) .. and price restrictions.... Go to the BitterCreek North site. They have that closeout FO sale going on right now. There's one I've used for years, called Violets and Birch and it's about the most unique floral I've ever used. Yes, it's on the closeout section but it, along with MANY others, have been on there for the past 3 years. I use this, I like it, customers love it, and it can sit easily into a spa category or floral.

And, at 6.99 a lb right now because of the sale... it's kinda hard to beat.

I love the ones from CS , but if you want truly unique and price related.. I think you wont be disappointed at all

To get the discounted price.. do the following :

***Must enter code "AP12" into the comments section of your shopping cart (not the coupon code box)! Discounts will not be automatically calculated by the cart on these sales, but will be calculated by our office and reflected on your invoice.

PS, I've got a thread going on about the sale, in the Weekly / Monthly sales board. I have listed the ones I use religiously. With this sale, you might be able to stock up on some stuff before "season" hits this fall

Edited by blacktieaffair

The best lavender I've used (and I've used lots) is Tassi Lav from the out-of-business Southern Soapers, now known as something else that I can never remember.

It's unbelievable and throws like crazy in wax.

KY's Lavender Vanilla is super good for a non-straight lavender, as is BnL's Lavender & Basil.

Notice everything I love is from suppliers who are now gone! Drat!!! Thankfully, their oils are available from other suppliers who had the good sense to buy their formulas.

The best lavender I've used (and I've used lots) is Tassi Lav from the out-of-business Southern Soapers, now known as something else that I can never remember.

It's unbelievable and throws like crazy in wax.

KY's Lavender Vanilla is super good for a non-straight lavender, as is BnL's Lavender & Basil.

Notice everything I love is from suppliers who are now gone! Drat!!! Thankfully, their oils are available from other suppliers who had the good sense to buy their formulas.

Is this the same FO? http://www.southernsoapers.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=111&products_id=1526

As far as I know, yes. The original owner sold her formulas, then she sold her name, I haven't been able to keep up with what was going on there. But if the new owner kept the formula, it would be the same.

Yes, it's a little on the expensive side, but well worth the extra cost. Some things ya just have to pay for if you want the best.