4oz Square Mason Jar?

lsbennis

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I couldn't find either but I did find a board that said they wouldn't buy Walmart's brand or Better HOme and Gardens brands there because one actually shattered and lids were a nightmare. Mostly canning folks on the board but all agreed stick with Made in USA Ball jars. I get all my jars from Fillmore. Love that company and great customer service. For me I think I'll stick with Fillmore and Made in USA!

Ive made hundreds of candles over the past few years with Mainstay jars and to date, never had one crack or shatter. I did however, have a Ball jj's bottom seperate fronm the jar when I was melting it down in a pot of boiling water.

I have never had a problem with mainstays either....and I also would prefer to buy in the U.S. BUT if they won't offer it or be willing to make what a lot of people are looking for I will go overseas

I could not find these jars at my Walmart either or online... Could you post what Walmart you got them from So I can call and find out the scoop on where to get them?

Still no answers on the 4 ounce square....waiting

Edited by moonshine

Even some of the suppliers' jars are from China. The ones I had been using from TCMS come in a case saying "Made in China" on the bottom.

I'm not promoting China made stuff, and would prefer made in USA, but do have to say I've put these jars through so much testing for almost 3 years and they've held up like champs.

Rockwood, Tennessee

I have never had a problem with mainstays either....and I also would prefer to buy in the U.S. BUT if they won't offer it or be willing to make what a lot of people are looking for I will go overseas

I could not find these jars at my Walmart either or online... Could you post what Walmart you got them from So I can call and find out the scoop on where to get them?

Still no answers on the 4 ounce square....waiting

[quote=moonshine;1003216....

I could not find these jars at my Walmart either or online... Could you post what Walmart you got them from So I can call and find out the scoop on where to get them.

El Mirage, AZ

Thanks Chandler and I looked on the bottom of my 8 ounce square masons from CS and it says Made in Tawain

I spoke today with jarden and they are not able to manufacture the squares that say mason and after her research (on the phone for 45minutes) she doesn't know who or where these came from either- has to be oversees somewhere

But I have a couple emails and phone calls into glass manufacturers to see what can be done if anything here in the states and still waiting on china to respond about the specs on the 4 ounce

Jarden on another note said the blue masons will run another production in July and then when they are gone they will be forever gone and amber- green and purple are coming in the next few years

I was just in my Walmart(south Jersey) and found a case of them. Of course I had to snag it lol

I usually buy the Mainstay pint jars from there so they will go nicely with those.

They are cute. I use 6006 wax and as soon as I get a chance I'll start testing on what size wicks to use. Normally I use zinc with this wax but thinking a 51 but have a feeling that may be a bit too big so maybe a 44-32 or a 44-28 which a have a few of. Maybe even an eco 2.......hmmmm

I tested out 2 of them using a 1oz sample of Sugar Corn Pudding (AH/RE) .......6006 wax

51 zinc and eco 2. so far they are both burned about half way down and I think I'm liking the eco better. The zinc burning a bit too high and having to trim more than I like.

sorry I can't post pics....don't have a dig camera and my phone is pooo

They do go great with the pint masons that I usually get from Wally World which I always have good results using a 60 zinc

Great pics Pita!