4oz Square Mason Jar?

lsbennis

Has anyone see these anywhere? I saw a candle in one the other day and they are so adorable. They look just like the 8oz square mason but half the size. I googled and didnt see them, so if anyone has seen them or knows who sells them any information would be appreciated.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have een on the hunt for a year!

My mother brought back some jars from Florida of candles she bought at a flea market and they are exact of the 8 ounce but half size - and they are also stamped MASON in cursive I believe- cannot find them anywhere for the life of me and sent the company an email and never hit a response! I want these soooo bad! I have 3 that were used and make testers out of them but want to add that jar seeing I carry the 8 ounce one

I love them, too.

I did something awhile back that I'm not sure I would do again. Dollar General has them with candles already in them. Really nasty candles. So I bought bunches and bunches of them, stuck trays of them in the oven to melt the wax, trashed the wax, cleaned the jars, and repoured as wickless. It worked OK and I sell them for $8 each, but I'm not sure I would go to that kind of trouble again.

I hunted for empty ones forever before I finally bought the Dollar General ones.

They are identical to 8 oz masons, even with the Mason logo. I tried to upload a picture but can't get it to work. I'll try again later.

OK, here's the pic. You can't see the Mason logo, but trust me, they are identical to 8 ozers:

4ozmason.jpg

Edited by SliverOfWax

@Moonshine...yes that is exactly what they look like, great description.

@Sliver...yup, thats it and that does sound like a lot of work but they are so freakin adorable!

Here is the picture I took of them in the store. I purchased one and the wick extinguished itself about 15 minuets after I lit it up...lol The company on the bottom of the label said Star Candle Company.

post-4600-13945849657_thumb.jpg

Edited by lsbennis

I never lit a single one of the hundreds I bought. Lord knows I light enough candles testing, and saw no reason to light something that clearly stunk, in every way.

lol

I don't have any recollection of the label on the DG candles, but I'm sure it's the same stuff. $1.00 each, as I recall.

Okay so if dollar general is selling these already filled - the damn jar HAS to be available to buy somewhere- I just can't find that place yet

We don't have dollar generals around here - dollar stores but I haven't come across this jar so far in any of them but if I ever do I most definitely will do what Sliver did just to get some!

Okay so if dollar general is selling these already filled - the damn jar HAS to be available to buy somewhere- I just can't find that place yet

We don't have dollar generals around here - dollar stores but I haven't come across this jar so far in any of them but if I ever do I most definitely will do what Sliver did just to get some!

I agree that jar has got to be available somewhere, these other companies are buying them from someone. I have already check the usual vendors but no luck yet. :undecided

That's what I thought, too, moonshine. Someone has to have them. It seems like I did find a place (BigCat here on this forum gave me the link, I believe), but I never got a response or something went wrong. I honestly don't remember the details but as many of them as I wanted, I would have ordered if it had been possible. I eventually gave up and used the DG ones.

Without a DG in your area, I wouldn't have a clue what to suggest. Since I usually leave no stone unturned when I get it in my head I have to have something, I would probably contact DG direct and see if they'll ship to you wholesale. I think they're in Arkansas.

Doggone-it....I was resisting this thread and those adorable jars. Now finding they just might be available at Dollar General, I gotta try to find them.

We have several DG's around here in a 20 mile radius or so.....Next week when I'm un-grounded from shopping, I'll be out and about and will check it out. Will report if I score any. Possibly they can be ordered online and shipped like Hobby Lobby does.

Edit...didn't mean to repeat what you said about shipping Sliver...was typing at the same time

Edited by jeanie353
additional

They will be. They've carried them for years and years and have bunches in the candle section. I would haul them out of there by the boxload. Then I'd go to the next DG and clean them out. There are a lot of DG stores in my town. I knew where they all were when I was using those jars. I had my driving route down to a science.

*drunken posting*

That does seem like a lot of work dis-assembling those jars! LOL

I sent a picture of my jar to my niece in connecticut - she is doing her internship right now for packaging engineer and asked her to find out where the heck those can be bought! I will post what I hear from her

I searched and searched again last night - even in alibaba and trade key for oversees and NOTHING! Closest I get is the round ones you can get from CS

I contacted Ball who it turns out divested the glass division in 1993 to Jarden Corp. So, I went directly to Jarden. The reply was that they, "Regret we are unable to provide a source for square 4 oz jars." Their preference is the 4 oz round jelly jars that are available anywhere and everywhere.

I found candles made in those jars manufactured in Lithuania. So, either the foreign companies that feed product to the Dollar Stores are working through old jar inventory, or they are available overseas through some other company, possibly not even related to Mason or Ball Corps. I checked the usual overseas manufacturers and have come up empty.

I asked Dollar General about them-

"Unfortunately, Dollar General no longer carries this product. I will forward your e-mail to our Merchandising Department so that they will be aware of your interest."

So far my niece is coming up empty also

I put in a search with trade key and am getting nailed with emails for everything BUT that jar

That really blows- I LOVE this jar even more so than the 8 ouncer

Closest I come is the 8 ounce cracker mason I think it's called- cute but not the same

• 1 month later...

Do you remember what company it was in Lithuania that made candles in those jars? I live in Lithuania and manufacture soy candles here -- one of the only ones doing so -- and haven't seen those jars anywhere, or heard of anyone using them. If there is a source overhere, I'd like to know because I would like to use the AND I might be able to arrange to export them to the U.S. for y'all to use (yes, I'm originally from Georgia, so I still use y'all).

Do you remember what company it was in Lithuania that made candles in those jars? I live in Lithuania and manufacture soy candles here -- one of the only ones doing so -- and haven't seen those jars anywhere, or heard of anyone using them. If there is a source overhere, I'd like to know because I would like to use the AND I might be able to arrange to export them to the U.S. for y'all to use (yes, I'm originally from Georgia, so I still use y'all).

I found them on Alibaba and The Find. The slate of vendors has changed over time so the one I originally saw is not on the first pages any more, but there are others/

Here's one on TheFind: http://www.mygofer.com/shc/s/p_10175_27151_032W003650462000P?sid=MAx20110201x000001&aff=Y - 99 cents per finished candle. DiscountCosmetic sells the same ones for $4 through TheFind.

A GooleSearch of "small square mason jar candles" brigs up a lot of possibilities.

• 10 months later...

REVIVE....

I may be ahead if myself here BUT I think I found them- overseas of course

I am waiting for the specific information on them as far as having mason stamped on them - I can't tell in the picture

They hold 250ml which is exactly what I have here- I also have a smaller one that holds 200ml but cannot find that one

I do not know what shipping over here is but according to the specs they are 1 cent each with pewter screw lid

The minimum is 3000 pieces which would be 250 cases

If anyone would be interested let me know- if it is the correct product and not ridiculous shipping!