Anyone having issues printing with USPS???

So I am having one heck of a time trying to print my postage via USPS. I have been trying for days now to print one stinking label and it just isn't working. It acts like it's going to, does the processing thing but nothing happens after that other than the screen where it asks you if your label printed. I was ready to toss my laptop and printer across the room last night I was so frustrated with it. So I get home from work and try again still same thing is happening. Going to the PO is not an option since it's in a regional box, they won't do anything there. I am so annoyed!! I am tired after working and spending 40 minutes at FedEx this morning for them to try to print my label for another order. I have the latest Adobe, and I've printed other things with no problem so it's not my printer.

Anyone having issues or have any suggestions??

Thanks

There's often a delay for me between the question of if the labels printed OK and the pop up box your computer shows to initiate the actual print. In my case, the blame is on the internet connection speed at the time of the print request. Let it sit for a few minutes and the pop up box with the print button will appear.

My workshop is about 70 feet from the wireless router. Sometimes it takes 2-3 minutes for the dialog to catch up with the web page, but it always does.

I've had this problem twice. The first time, they told me to create a new account until it was resolved. It never was on the original account. This last time, I had to switch to a new computer to finally get it to work because I couldn't set up another account. (It won't let you if you use duplicate business information from your first account. I had to put in a different form of business name, another email address, and name just to do the second account.)

Definitely check your account right away. It deducted the total for several labels every time that I tried to print them and thank God that I checked my account that evening. It was A LOT Of money. Since it went through the processing stage and asked if the labels printed ok, there's a good bet that your account was billed.

If you're paying with a debit card, definitely check your bank account. On the 21st of Feb. the site was having a printing error problem, and although a message came up that my account had not been charged and try again, they ended up taking out $96.00 for $16.00 worth of labels! I just got the refund to my account today!:angry2:

The problem isn't in getting a refund. Its the freakin printing of the label. Once in a while I get this too, either it won't print or gets to the print label section but the label won't print. If the latter, I get charged and then have to file for a refund. If its the former and the "did your label print 'yes' or 'no' " then I can tell it no and it won't go thru my account. I always get my refund but its the monumental frustration of trying to simply print out one stinkin label when its wonky!!!!

Edited by Candybee

Thats why I try to find suppliers that ship both USPS and UPS. I understand most FOs have to be shipped UPS so I will end up paying for it. But I don't want to spend UPS rates for other things that can be shipped by air using USPS flat rates. I think I use only one supplier that has just the one shipping option for UPS. Most of my other suppliers use both UPS and USPS.

When I ship, I use mostly the regional rates boxes so my customers get cheaper fees. But I always check to see which is cheaper and charge the exact postage to my customers.

I let it sit for awhile in between tries and the box never came up. It did the processing thing then straight to did your label print correctly. I clicked no everytime and have gotten emails showing where they replaced my money except for one I did today. The only one I've gotten on that transaction is where they charged my account. I used paypal everytime as I remembered some of you having issues with them overcharging your account.

I'm going to try to do it from my mom's computer later and see if that works. If not I'm just gonna have to ship it UPS or FedEx and pay the difference. The regional rate box was the cheapest shipping so that's why the customer went with it. I'm really hoping it works at her house b/c after my 40 minute dealing with FedEx trying to print my other label today I'm not looking forward to another issue with printing a stinking label.

I had this same problem. I called the click and shop customer service line and they informed me that to print labels from now on I could no longer use Safari and must use only Firefox. It was a compatibility issue. It is kind of a pain to use Firefox because I really don't like it and there are a few more steps to print your labels but at least I'm back to being able to print:)

From UPS's site: (check these)

System Requirements for Creating a Shipment

To create a shipment using UPS Internet Shipping or UPS CampusShip™, please verify that your computer meets the following system and browser requirements:

Operating system

An internet-connected PC with Microsoft Windows® XP, Windows Vista® (32 or 64 bit), Windows® 7(32 or 64 bit)

An internet-connected Apple® Macintosh with Mac® OS X or higher

Browser

Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.x or later

Firefox 3.0.x or later

Safari 4.0.4

Google Chrome

Opera 10.10

For best results, configure your browser to:

Accept graphics

Accept cookies

Allow JavaScript

Enable Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption technology

Save encrypted pages to disk

Disable pop-up killer software. UPS Internet Shipping and UPS CampusShip use pop-up windows to display/print labels/receipts and for entering new addresses.

In addition, follow these steps to adjust your page caching in Microsoft Internet Explorer:

In the toolbar, select Tools.

Select Internet Options.

Under Temporary Internet files, select Settings.

Select Every visit to the page.

Select OK then select OK again.

Just to update, I was able to print my label at my moms house. I scheduled a pickup for today and wouldn't you know it, the box is still sitting there. Mailman is always here early. Usually he's been here before I get home from work or shortly after but 3:36 and no sign of him yet. First label problems with them, now the mailman seems to not be working today....ugh!!! I've been reimbursed for all but one transaction where the label didn't print. That one has been over 24 hours ago so I guess I'm gonna have to contact them to get that money back. Thanks for all the responses. Glad I wasn't the only one who's having issues with them.