What do you think of this label?

lsbennis

I'm trying to come up with a label for the coconut wax candles I'm making, so far this is what I came up with, I'm not sure about it and was hoping to get some feedback. Thanks for any thoughts. I took a picture of the computer screen so the colors are a little off...lol

post-4600-139458495094_thumb.jpg

That has been said before (requiring the use of grams). I think its a bunch of horse crap. I have looked at candles sold everywhere and do not find the weight listed on most of them (including every candle sold at Pier One here on Maui). It is not a requirement or if it is, it's not followed in my neck of the woods.

Thanks everyone, I appreciate the feedback, I will make the bottom bigger and the scent name smaller and repost to see what you think. How about the colors? Is it too pink? I want men to also purchase them but not sure if it talks to a man....lol

That has been said before (requiring the use of grams). I think its a bunch of horse crap. I have looked at candles sold everywhere and do not find the weight listed on most of them (including every candle sold at Pier One here on Maui). It is not a requirement or if it is, it's not followed in my neck of the woods.

That's odd, all the candles I've ever seen have included it. Metric labeling is required by the Fair Packaging and Labeling Act:

http://www.ftc.gov/os/statutes/fplajump.shtm

http://www.ftc.gov/os/statutes/fpla/outline.shtm

Basic Requirements: The FPLA requires each package of household "consumer commodities" that is included in the coverage of the FPLA to bear a label on which there is:

a statement identifying the commodity, e.g., detergent, sponges, etc.;

the name and place of business of the manufacturer, packer, or distributor;

and the net quantity of contents in terms of weight, measure, or numerical count (measurement must be in both metric and inch/pound units).

and candles are considered "consumer commodities" within the meaning of the Act: http://www.ftc.gov/os/statutes/fpla/part503.shtm

Anybody have any additional insight as to this?

Edited by kcollins78

Thanks everyone, I appreciate the feedback, I will make the bottom bigger and the scent name smaller and repost to see what you think. How about the colors? Is it too pink? I want men to also purchase them but not sure if it talks to a man....lol

Very beautiful label! Id love to have you make some for me. Hehe

I'm a guy and it is a little girly for me so just giving you input. It's still very nice :-)

I think that Crocket and Tubbs would have loved it ;)

I just love your style and colors. Nice labels. Very pretty and eye catching and it speaks Miami. I like the suggestions about the font size changes. There's something 'off' about the scent name and maybe making it smaller is the answer. Don't know. Try it and repost a revision so we can take another look see.

I just love your style and colors. Nice labels. Very pretty and eye catching and it speaks Miami. I like the suggestions about the font size changes. There's something 'off' about the scent name and maybe making it smaller is the answer. Don't know. Try it and repost a revision so we can take another look see.

Maybe shorten the pink box up so more green shows around it? & maybe different color font for the scent?

Ok, I DO like that better.. but I noticed one thing. When I saw this thread, I clicked on it again, and the first thing I saw was this last post by ChandlerWicks.... I had to back up a page to see the new label... I had read Chandler's comment........... but when I backed the page up, scrolled down , and saw the label.... I wont lie... Palm Beach is so dark now compared to the rest of it... that's what my eye centered on, focused on, and while I kept looking at, and for , the new changes... my eyes kept going to Palm Beach Candle..... and not the scent. I know you want the name to be prominent but in my humble opinion, its too POP/POW and the scent name gets a little lost........ BUT THATS JUST ME ! It could be just my eyes.. I dunno.

I think maybe it the lighting that makes the Palm Beach name stand out more in the photo? Is it the same color as Coconut Wax text? Looks darker.

i would like the name to pop more. The pink is too quiet. What would a pink border around it instead of green look like?

You do realize you are never going to please all of us...lol! :lipsrseal

Edited by NaturallyTru

I think maybe it the lighting that makes the Palm Beach name stand out more in the photo? Is it the same color as Coconut Wax text? Looks darker.

i would like the name to pop more. The pink is too quiet. What would a pink border around it instead of green look like?

You do realize you are never going to please all of us...lol! :lipsrseal

VERY TRUE .. you can't please all of us !

VERY TRUE .. you can't please all of us !

lol....but the feedback really does help. The colors are off because I took the picture with my phone from the computer screen and it makes the top lettering look darker. Its actually the same green color as the bottom of the label. I also agree with ChandlerWicks, I'm going to make the center pink darker and this should make a green border around the center pop. I'll post it up tomorrow for opinions. Thanks again everyone for your help :cheesy2: