Anyone find shipping deals on wax?

So we are about out of soy wax from when candlewic was running a free shipping deal in 2010 and i ordered 500 pounds...

I was wondering if anyone has seen a good deal on shipping? In Massachusetts we have only one supplier, and they don't carry the golden brands soy wax, only the eco-soya, which is nice, but it's 80-90 dollars a case instead of 50-60, and that makes this hobby even more expensive than it already is.

While we aren't dead set on using the GW 444, we are looking for something which performs similarly with a similar price.

Any suggestions would rock!

Chris

The best shipping rates I've seen are CandleScience's. According to the site, they offer "Over 30% off the standard Hundredweight rate". It's also much easier to calculate shipping costs by just throwing things in your cart and entering your zip code. A lot of other sites make you go through most of the checkout process before you can see what the shipping cost is. HTH

Those who can pick-up wax at a supplier don't know how fortunate they are.
So true. Imagine my delight when I first started out and discovered that Fillmore is only 5 miles from my house!

Any good FO's you recommend from there. Also do you use their C-3 wax?

These are the FO's I've tested and can vouch for:

Honeysuckle

Caribbean Dreams

Mayan Gold

Oriental Musk

English Lavender

Cedar and Saffron

Ginger Lime

I have several others which I love in the bottle, but haven't had time to test yet. I can tell you that they test FO's very thoroughly before adding them to their line.

I'm still testing with both C-3 and 464, but trying my best to problem solve with C-3 so I can stick with it for the obvious reason of having a supplier just down the road. I did mention some of the issues I was having with it to Kim once when I went in to pick up an order and she was able to give me some helpful suggestions on how to work with it.

Good luck and have a safe trip to Lancaster. :)

-Jennie

Peak's occassionally offers 25% off shipping. Sign up for their email alerts.

Otherwise I look for suppliers that will let me use my own fedex acct#. I'm fortunate my "day job"lets me ship using their account # and I pay them back.

Yea, even with Candlewic's (which is the closest supplier to me) shipping rates, it doubles the cost of the wax for me, and makes this hobby a bit too expensive. Candlescience is even more, and even with Peak's discount, they are so far away from me that they're even worse. I'm debating whether or not to suck it up and drive the 5 and a half hours out there. I figure if I pick up at least 5 cases of wax, which I will definitly do, I would save more than the cost of the shipping by a bunch. I just wish that CandleChem carried other waxes. They do sell EcoSoya CB-135, but they charge 82 bucks a case, compared with 53 for the GW444 at Candlewic, plus it's still an hour's drive one way for me.

Where is a good local goldenbrands supplier when you need one! Or amazon...I wish they sold it on Amazon Prime...I'd totally have that stuff shipped to me that way.

-Chris

A new distributer for C-1 and C-3 just opened a warehouse in Fall River, MA. It's G A C Wholesale and you can pick up cases there if it is close enough to you. I know it is about 30 minutes drive south on route 24 from Candlechem. If you need it shipped, it should be cheaper than from PA. to the New England states.

I'm having the same problem but looking for tart wax.We used to buy it AWE but out of business now.I think it was a pillar wax. I want to be able to just tip my jar and the tart comes out without melting it.Don't want to dig to change tart scent.I can get that crap at Wal Mart.

We're In Ohio.Can anyone help??? I thought about Nature's Garden.I want to keep my shipping down.

Thanks

LynnS

For me the best shipping rates are from Candle Science to VA where I'm at. But I often just drive up to PA to C&S and Candlewic (they are about 3o minutes apart) and stop by Fillmore on the way back home. It costs a full tank of gas but I can get all my candle and soaping supplies that way. Saves me a bundle in shipping costs but the round trip takes all day.

OK, Candybee, you're making me very jealous!! So many places within driving distance! I'm in NW Alabama and just placed my first order with Aztec in Knoxville, TN (I believe). The shipping seemed very reasonable--less than $20 for an order over $300.

I got so annoyed with them that I haven't even checked lately. Unfortunately, there are a few of their scents I'm really missing, so I'll probably try again soon. I've sent them several messages via their website with no response. I called a couple of times (no answer, of course) but didn't leave a message because I was calling during my break or lunch and didn't want them to return my call while I was working.

I'm afraid a formerly excellent supplier has gone too far with alienating their customers to recover. Please post if you have any contact with them.

Jane

A new distributer for C-1 and C-3 just opened a warehouse in Fall River, MA. It's G A C Wholesale and you can pick up cases there if it is close enough to you. I know it is about 30 minutes drive south on route 24 from Candlechem. If you need it shipped, it should be cheaper than from PA. to the New England states.

So I just called GAC, they're going to ship me some 5 lb testers, if this stuff works comparably to my golden brands 444..I just found a new supplier an hour away instead of 6!!

-Chris