Has anyone ever tried cocoa butter frangrance oil in cp soap??

coffeebean

I know a fragrance that smells just like Hersheys cocoa. Its called Cocoa Therapy from Fillmore Containers. I've only tried it in M&P so far and its divine. But cocoa butter smells like Hersheys cocoa and butter to me. I would definitely use the unrefined cocoa butter in your soap and add some Hershey's cocoa scent to it. I'd also go one step further and put in some real Hershey's cocoa powder in it. Now I'm getting hungry! LOL

Edited by Candybee

Don't forget bakers chocolate too lol

Bakers chocolate? How do you use that in cp soap? I'm intrigued now :laugh2: I think I do have some Fudge Brownie fo been trying to decide what to make up next in soap hmmmmmmmm wheels churning.

Edited by ladysj

Bakers chocolate? How do you use that in cp soap? I'm intrigued now :laugh2: I think I do have some Fudge Brownie fo been trying to decide what to make up next in soap hmmmmmmmm wheels churning.

Oh you must try it! I use it as part as my cocoa butter portion in the soap, just make sure if has little to no sugar in it.

I just have to mention NOT to use the cocoa butter FO from SC. It smells nice OOB, but it is the worst FO that I have ever used in CP. I do not have bad batches happen often at all, so I was puzzled. I gave this FO three tries too many with different recipes. I had the worst seizures of my life with this oil. On the SC site, they mention "a couple of soaping customers have emailed us to let us know they think it's highly touchy." What an understatement! But at least they mention it. I find it hard to believe that "a couple" of customers had trouble with it.

Edited by Noodle

Just reiderating the chocolate mousse I posted from above incase you didn't see it soycrazy. I literally smelled the bag of cocoa butter then took a sniff of the oil, I trully could not tell a difference at all (aside from synthetic vs. natural). I have not used it in cp, used it in hp. If I can use it tonight, or atleast soon, will let ya all know. chocolate syrup might work, but I think dark chocolate, which has a totally different smell. I lovee mms oils. you only need to use.25 to .35 oz ppo. I stick more towards .35 scent junky here

That does sound nice noodle. I bet it would be awesome in liquid soap or cream soap too. I usually do a blend with cocoa absolute, yes it's expensive, but I loves it lol.

BTW I absolutely love sweet scents, but it seems like all the vanilla type scents in cp get a chemical smell in them for some reason.

Edited by soycrazy

The cocoa butter oil from SC is lovely in MP soap and liquid soaps. I have not tried it in lotions or butters. Perhaps others have had success with it in CP. (I would love to know what they did differently.) I soaped this oil three times with different recipes and all three were unsalvageable disasters.

Yes, SC is Sweetcakes. I adore all of their oils, but the cocoa butter oil is terrible in my opinion.

On the SC site, they state the following regarding the cocoa butter FO: "Our sample of this fragrance performed beautifully in CP soap, but a couple of soaping customers have emailed us to let us know they think it's highly touchy. We're working with the perfumer to try to figure out why it's quickening trace in larger batches." I want to know what the heck they did to have this oil perform beautifully! We all have had batches that did not work out, but all three of mine were nightmares to say the least when using this FO.

Anyway, the cocoa butter FO smells great in lotions and butters too. I totally forgot that I smelled this oil in two lotion products from another soaper. This was the main reason that I decided to buy it. Some one was nice enought to send me a sniffy.

Edited by Noodle