First loaf of soap

blacktieaffair

Made this morning.

1/2 Diamond Clear MP and 1/2 PA's Goats Milk with added Honey and Jojoba

French Silk and Luzianne's Chickory Coffee

No dye

The top is fresh coffee grounds(never used) and stirred and stirred til I got the color I wanted.

Second layer is 2 scoops of Chickory coffee grounds from yesterday morning.

Do NOT ask me what that really dark layer is on middle, I do not know, I didnt do it but I wanted it like that but didn't have any brown soap dye and didnt want to try to mix it up, so its really only 2 colors, and that middle dark streak happened all on its own!!!

I did put 1 T of Nature's Garden World's Best Fresh Brewed Coffee in the bottom layer.

Im proud of it :) It's EXACTLY what I wanted in my head, but like I said, I didnt do that middle streak on purpose but THAT is what was in my head .. I guess the Soap gods were watching over me LOL. There's a few lil issues I have ( streaks down the side in a place or two, the middle streak is uneven, and I was about a 1/2 inch shy from the top of the mold, ( was using soap I'd cut up for another project but didn't use ........... but..

IM happy with it !

post-14200-13945849352_thumb.jpg

post-14200-139458493523_thumb.jpg

post-14200-139458493525_thumb.jpg

post-14200-139458493527_thumb.jpg

LOL I just noticed I have the dates wrong on the film LOL

THANKS yall. It was fun but dang I was wishing it would hurry up and "set" . Im hooked. Now I gotta buy a bunch of molds and a couple cases of soaps so I dont have to sit around and stare at it ! Im surprised it didnt run off and hide cause I'd go by every 10 minutes and check on it , poke at it ... smell of it LOL

I know what you mean Suzy. I wanted to get some of the molds but I had an issue come up and I couldn't get in on it :( But this is one from BB. I have 1 block each of clear and white mp left and Im dying to go in there and use them but at the same time Im trying to come up with something off the wall. It's a long time til Monday when I can run down the road to Aztec and get more LOL

Awesome work girl! On your first try even. You know I'm going to copy you :) Hope I get the "mistake" layer too.

Thanks so much Jeanie :) I had a little less than 2 cups of 1/2 and 1/2 mp, and I just starting pouring fresh coffee grounds in it and stirred for a while.. decided I wanted it a lil darker, and more grounds to exfoliate, poured it and it set up completely while I got the other ready, so I scored it with a fork all the way across it. I let the other soap cool to about 120 or a tad less ( got distracted ) and that's what happened. I just realized, I guess it was warm enough that some of that layer, settled, making the dark stripe..while the other stayed suspended ! Good luck and let me see it when you're finished.

Thanks so much Jeanie :) I had a little less than 2 cups of 1/2 and 1/2 mp, and I just starting pouring fresh coffee grounds in it and stirred for a while.. decided I wanted it a lil darker, and more grounds to exfoliate, poured it and it set up completely while I got the other ready, so I scored it with a fork all the way across it. I let the other soap cool to about 120 or a tad less ( got distracted ) and that's what happened. I just realized, I guess it was warm enough that some of that layer, settled, making the dark stripe..while the other stayed suspended ! Good luck and let me see it when you're finished.

Thanks for the tip....Now how to distract. I hover over my soap like a newborn.

TLC I was trying to think up something to do with the soap, and I remembered reading years ago about how coffee grounds were a natural exfoliant and also good at neutralizing odors. So I did a lil looking online and found a couple of things but not a lot so I just figured I'd go for it. Since Im just starting out, there was no way I could compete with the swirls/blends/embeds etc that all the mp pros do so I kinda just mixed some things up and prayed.. a lot ! I used a modified version of PA's Goats Milk receipe ( since I used 1/2 clear and 1/2 gm, I added a little more honey, jojoba and shea to it) Im pleased with it. It's a tad harder than the other GM I was playing around with , which for this case , that works ! I love the lather of it and the mild scent. And it really does work on onion and garlic smells on your hands ! Figured that one out last night LOL

And it really does work on onion and garlic smells on your hands ! Figured that one out last night LOL

It's nice that you were able to "test" it out so you could make sure the soap did it's job. I'm thinking you might have to "test" it some more. :yes:

I've only done soap twice in my whole life so most of what you are saying is Greek to me but I'm learning.

Thanks for explanation and good luck with your soap.