2nd Good Batch...so far!

KrazeKelly

I won't mention the 4 batches in between my first one and this one! LOL!! I had terrible acceleration issues with those. On this one I decided to pour out the amount I wanted to color before adding the FO. So I could at least get the color mixed if the FO seized. I added the FO to the remaining batter and no acceleration. So all was good with Peak Jamaica Me Crazy. Can't wait to cut this one! I used the lasagna silicone mold I bought from Target. They are going to be small bars but I think they will be cute.

post-14020-139458493287_thumb.jpg

Those look awesome. And that's pretty much the same way I worked my batch today, added the colorant at the same time as the FO in the batches. Figured I may have it seize, but had it separated out so if it did, maybe I could control it somehow. It worked.

What are you using for colorants in this one? Liquids? Or micas? I love the swirl effect.

Ok, here they are cut. Very pretty! I am still having issues with ash. Do I need to spray the tops with 91% alcohol? I seem to remember reading that somewhere. Also the 2nd photo shows the bottom. I have not had any of the soap look like that before. I did put these in the oven at 170 and then turned the oven off and left overnight. Today I read that you are supposed to leave the oven on until they gel. Would that have caused them to look like that or maybe they got too hot? Anyway, the inside look great! LOL! Learning!

post-14020-139458493312_thumb.jpg

post-14020-139458493307_thumb.jpg

They look fantastic! I got that a couple weeks ago it looks like a million air bubbles right? I think it's from overheating I can't be sure though.

Yes, it does look like a lot of bubbles. I was afraid it got too hot but then I had ash so I thought maybe it didn't get hot enough. Not sure what caused that. I'm just going to trim it off. I am happy with they way it looks otherwise. I should have used more FO but was afraid it would accel on me.