Apple pie/Apple Cobber

megandgarr

Any recommendations for a really good baked apple pie/cobber type? I tried the search but really only came up with posts from 2007 and back. I make tarts only with parrafin.

Thanks!

Wild-fire Creations has Apple Strudel, and I bet it's awesome because her FOs always get rave reviews: http://www.wildfire-creations.com/Candle_supplies2.htm

• 2 weeks later...

And I thought WSP was expensive...Elements Apple Cobbler Delight is $22.99 not including shipping and Wholesalesuppliesplus is $21.59 with shipping.

Not that I have tried either FO's but I have never ever had a bad FO from WSP but I quit ordering from her along time ago because her prices are just TOO HIGH.

I may try Peaks FO at $17.58 a pound, looks like it has great reviews and I am really having a hard time getting a good strong throw with apple scents in my soy wax. (I have tried Ecosoya and Enchanted Lights)

And I thought WSP was expensive...Elements Apple Cobbler Delight is $22.99 not including shipping and Wholesalesuppliesplus is $21.59 with shipping.

Not that I have tried either FO's but I have never ever had a bad FO from WSP but I quit ordering from her along time ago because her prices are just TOO HIGH.

I may try Peaks FO at $17.58 a pound, looks like it has great reviews and I am really having a hard time getting a good strong throw with apple scents in my soy wax. (I have tried Ecosoya and Enchanted Lights)

Have you tried Candle Science FOs? They're all tested for soy and the leaf rating system tells you how strong they throw in soy.

I love CS FO's!! The only FO that would come close to a apple crisp/apple pie is the Apples & Maple Bourbon and I am not sure I am wanting a maple note. Next time I order some of my usual FO's from them I will have to try it for my free sample though...wish they would get a Apple Cobbler or Apple Crisp!! :)

This might sound odd... but I've tried five different apple pies/strudels/cobblers and I've yet to figure out which one I want to carry full time. Reason being is..

Each one I personally tried, has stronger top, or bottom notes , than the others.

One has more pure crisp apple, another has more of a pie crust and cinnamon scent with a touch of apples, etc.

With so many out there, its going to take me figuring out which my testers and customers ( and myself ) likes the best. Figure out if you want a strong crust/dough scent, or mainly apples with a lot of cinnamon, or a little cinnamon, or ... you get the idea :)

And Aimee, A&MP is one of my favs. I love that little "odd" note that finishes off the bottom note. It's fun to watch people sniff and go oooo that smells so good but... wait.. what is that with it??

This might sound odd... but I've tried five different apple pies/strudels/cobblers and I've yet to figure out which one I want to carry full time. Reason being is..

Each one I personally tried, has stronger top, or bottom notes , than the others.

One has more pure crisp apple, another has more of a pie crust and cinnamon scent with a touch of apples, etc.

With so many out there, its going to take me figuring out which my testers and customers ( and myself ) likes the best. Figure out if you want a strong crust/dough scent, or mainly apples with a lot of cinnamon, or a little cinnamon, or ... you get the idea :)

And Aimee, A&MP is one of my favs. I love that little "odd" note that finishes off the bottom note. It's fun to watch people sniff and go oooo that smells so good but... wait.. what is that with it??

Are you talking about Apples & Maple Bourbon with the "odd" note that you like? I will definitely order the sample for sure...just wondering if it throws awesome in soy (sometimes the rating on candlescience isn't always correct with my throw in wax, I have had some of the 1 or 2 star's throw awesome in my soy)

I want a baked crust with spices and a touch of apple if that makes sense? I don't want the apple to overpower the scent like most do.

I just poured the AH warm apple pie in 4633 and HT is very strong even in a 2 oz tin. i also got yhe apple and maple bourbon with my last order, will pour it later this week, after reading above Im wondering and eagef to see how it compares!

I am going to mix these 2 FO's from Just Scent when I get them and see what I get!

Jolly Rancher Green Apple: Bold scent of crisp, fresh green apples.

Country Sweet Muffin: Rich sweet butterscotch and wonderful spices are blended with bakery tones to create this sweet treat. Cinnamon is added to balance the rich buttery tones mingled with maple sugar and bakery notes, add creamy vanilla bean to complete this wonderful scent.

If I like it anyone have any names they would suggest based off the scent descriptions?

sounds like it could be similiar to an apple streusal type thing when mixed. Also I really like apples and maple bourbon too! It smells like an extra sweet mulled cider to me. Its one of my favorite scents. You can mix it with all kinds of things too. I mixed ti with pine at Christmas time and was suprised at how pleasant it was!

Oh I also forgot to add that Bluegrass has an awesome apple pie! And i am currently testing the one from Tennessee and it is more equally balanced than most. Apple, buttery(pie) and cinnamon. There seems to be an equal amount of all. I keep waiting for one to "come out" but if one does I would have to say its the cinnamon, ever so slightly.

• 4 weeks later...

I recently tried the AH Warm Apple Pie in paraffin. My most reliable tester said that she wasn't impression by the ht of it at all. I had high hopes for this one and usually get good results from AH oils. I guess I'll look at the KY version and give that one a try.

I agree with those on CS. If you blended a few Im sure you'd have THE perfect scent you are looking for... but having said that... I tried Apple Strudel from Aztec about a month ago. I got just a 1oz and put it in 4794. It is amazing. You can smell the strudel, the actual butter note , its not heavy on the cinnamon but you do get that little bit come through, and it has a very warm apple smell. It's honestly the most realistic bakery apple I've ever tried. The HT and CT in 4794 was very nice. Not bomb throwing strong but REALLY nice and strong. HTH

Oh I also forgot to add that Bluegrass has an awesome apple pie! And i am currently testing the one from Tennessee and it is more equally balanced than most. Apple, buttery(pie) and cinnamon. There seems to be an equal amount of all. I keep waiting for one to "come out" but if one does I would have to say its the cinnamon, ever so slightly.

Yep, I use the Homemade Apple Pie from Bluegrass.