What are you test burning?

So I'm burning Sex on the Beach in my living room and Crème Brulee in the kitchen. Both from CS, both at 8% in 464 in 6 oz tins with a CD 8 and a cure time of about 5 days. I usually do a week, but I want to place an order for more tins from CS, but I've been waiting until I tested a few so I don't have to order again in a few days, lol. I just lit them about 10 minutes ago, so no clue on the burn as of yet, but as far as the scent, both doing pretty good.

My living room is actually two rooms, both approximately 15x15 each, with a big open archway between. The Sex on the Beach is already giving off a light smell all over these two rooms, and very nice smell at my desk (since it's sitting on top, haha). For a 6 oz tin, I'm quite happy with the HT.

My kitchen is a galley style kitchen, 15x8, approximately. Let me go walk back out there quick.....the Crème Brulee candle is sitting on my oven, which is in the middle of the side of the kitchen with all the cabinets, lol. Anyhow, I can't really smell it when I walk out there. I have to walk by the oven in order to smell it, but then when the air moves from me walking by, it smells up more of the kitchen, who knew (sarcastic). Anyhow, not too happy about the HT on that one so far. I'll let it go through this burn and then put the lid back on for a few more days and try again.

So what are you testing and how's it working for you? :grin2:

testing:

Lavender vanilla

Twig & berries

Coconut Lime Verbenia

Vanilla, Coconut & Orange blossom blend

Arabian Spice

wouldn't even be testing these but I mistakenly order the wrong jars which hold 3oz less than the one I wanted and had already previously tested. There is only about 1/8" difference in the diameter but my reg wick is too hot for comfort......grrrrrrrrr

They are for Xmas presents so no biggie...I guess!!!!

I got a sample of Pomegranate from CS to try and put it in wax yesterday. Smells yummy OOB. I just wanted to smell something besides all these heavy food scents that my customers want this time of year.

Yes, the Pomegranate from CS is a really nice smell. I only made it in tarts, so not sure how well it does in candles, but it is definitely a lovely scent! I'm going to have to buy more and make a candle or two with it, lol.

Tired of Christmas scents, tired of heavy foodie scents. Mixed up a little satsuma/vanilla mix for a spring scent and I'm loving it. Gave out a few testers already and it's thumbs up so far. Thinking of a plumeria/ocean mist mix next.

I'm also testing CS Creme Brulee, but more for the wicks than the scent. I've used CDs forever and decided to test the HTPs for kicks and giggles.:) With two 8oz jj going on my fireplace mantel at the same time, it has pretty decent ST at 1oz pp in EZSoy. I have a CD vs. HTP contest going on and after the first burn, the HTP is winning, but I don't know which I'd like if I had a smaller CD. Also trying to hurry up and test so I can place an order LOL. Ah, the joys of testing.:)

Finally got around to doing my second test burn of these two, though I already placed my order for more. :-) Sex on the Beach, I'll definitely need to wick up on that one, but I'm happy with the burn of the Crème Brulee. These pictures are right before I blew them out on their first burn, at about 2 hours and 45 minutes. I prefer a little bit of a hang up, as it always catches up further in. The Sex on the Beach (orange) as you can see has too much hang up. :-)

post-13987-13945849006_thumb.jpg

post-13987-139458490055_thumb.jpg