Question about this candle....

Jeeze if that's the MP, YIKES!! :shocked2: I don't think I've ever seen a soy candle with a (guessing) 2" deep MP!!! I hate to think how hot that container would be halfway down... I wonder if the MP look is actually a two-toned candle with darker wax up top... I sure hope so...

Edited by Stella1952

Jeeze if that's the MP, YIKES!! :shocked2: I don't think I've ever seen a soy candle with a (guessing) 2" deep MP!!! I hate to think how hot that container would be halfway down... I wonder if the MP look is actually a two-toned candle with darker wax up top... I sure hope so...

Thank you! Thought I was crazy for a minute & was waiting for someone to say that! lol I didn't see any candles on their site that looked like 2-color candles.

It is a melt pool, you can see the wick in it, and the candle off in the back through the wax. I find it hard to believe though that wick does not look big enough to produce a pool that deep. Maybe it was a freshly poured candle they lit while warm?

Check out the dark one. Something doesn't look right there either. Sides seem too perfect/smooth/lack of matte, dense soy look... or the whole thing is in full melt.

I'm going with the majority on the green one having an awful deep MP. What is strange though is if it is that deep of a MP how the flame can be that nice.

Edited by jeanie353
spelling

It is a melt pool, you can see the wick in it, and the candle off in the back through the wax.
You are right!! Good eye! My goodness, that IS a meltpool or it's gel as someone suggested... While the "look" is really cool, IMHO, if that really, really IS a MP - DOUBLE YIKES!!*faint*

I'm going with the photo was styled to look like that, from someone photographing the product that doesn't know anything much about candles, It seems to me that would be a "cool" look of a burning candle to be half way liquid. The flame isn't blazing enough to have burned that long. I'm going to bet that the top heated the candle for the photo then lit the wick. Or it is gel to represent the melted wax....because the rest of the candles look whole.

Welllll, I sent them an email & asked them about that candle, lol. They said:

"Yes... that's after burning for about an hour. We strive to have our candles achieve full melt pools in 1 to 2 hours so you'll have full scent as soon as possible and so there won't be any wax left on the walls of the jars."

:shocked2::shocked2::shocked2:

"Yes... that's after burning for about an hour. We strive to have our candles achieve full melt pools in 1 to 2 hours so you'll have full scent as soon as possible and so there won't be any wax left on the walls of the jars."

That is crazy! I know how hot my overwicked first attempt was, and the mp was not that deep. That container must be insanely hot.

Noooo! They think that is a good thing, I guess. Should we tell them?

001...Wouldn't that be something. They have a crazy overwicked candle and outsell all of us pulling our hair out trying to do the opposite.

001...Wouldn't that be something. They have a crazy overwicked candle and outsell all of us pulling our hair out trying to do the opposite.

One name... Slatkin ever burn them? 2" mp glass at around 280º-310º The Yankee tumblers do the same. I guess it is just the way the industry is going. I do notice when they have it so hot they use bases that are like 12-15 mm tall which is about double the standard.

One name... Slatkin ever burn them? 2" mp glass at around 280º-310º The Yankee tumblers do the same. I guess it is just the way the industry is going. I do notice when they have it so hot they use bases that are like 12-15 mm tall which is about double the standard.

Never bought Slatkin but had bought Yankee way back when it was cool to have one sitting around the house. 2" MP in itself is insane and at that high temp? Wouldn't be surprised if we don't see a recall on them one day in the near future.