what do you use to pour your F.O.s?

I am curious what other people use to weigh and pour their F.O.s?

And I am not talking scales and such. But what do you pour it into on the scales?

I am using a small measuring cup. I knew before I even used it that first time that once I did, it could only be used for F.O.s ever again and I am ok with that. But, I noticed after the first time that it left a yellow film in it even after washing it out immediately with hot water. I keep washing it out after each use and use a papertowel to dry it for my next round of candles. But, I am wondering what other people do and how they go about keeping it clean????

I do alot of onesy, twosy type candles, so I have a set of chemistry glass test tubes and rack. I tare the tube on the scale, either squirt or pipette the fragrance weight into the tube, and then replace in the rack and pour when needed for the project I'm working on.

Now we are getting into the good stuff, lol.

You are measuring it while you are putting in - you just put in what you need - 1oz, 2oz etc.. My FO's have squirt tops on them, so just squirt until you have what you need.

This made me go "oooooh". Okay, so do you order them from a certain supplier that sends them with a squirt top or do you transfer them to a bottle with a squirt top?

I do alot of onesy, twosy type candles, so I have a set of chemistry glass test tubes and rack. I tare the tube on the scale, either squirt or pipette the fragrance weight into the tube, and then replace in the rack and pour when needed for the project I'm working on.

I am still in my testing stages, so I am doing a lot of onesy twosy candles also, but as a newbie, I am not quit sure what pipette is.... can you explain please?

And thanks for everyone so far.

Edited by KLeigh

Exactly - they have small & large - depends on the bottles your supplier uses so get both until you know. I use both sizes because small fits Peaks smaller bottles (4oz) and some other suppliers bottles and large fits Peaks 16oz bottles as well as some other suppliers bottles. Well worth the buck!

When I first started and made small batches, I would use a Dixie bathroom cup to pour my oil in. Simple and disposable.

Don't use the hard white plastic ones, you oil will eat right thro those.

As I have grown, I use my pour pot as others have mentioned.

This link is just to show you a picture of what they look like:

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=plastic+pipettes&hl=en&qscrl=1&nord=1&rlz=1T4ACGW_enUS298US298&prmd=imvns&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&ion=1&biw=1280&bih=531&wrapid=tlif132182228382210&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=7105403087276269826&sa=X&ei=d2jJTtCOA6GesQKmmNUj&ved=0CGIQ8wIwAQ#

You can purchase at several candle supply websites, as well as ebay.

If you fill them with lukewarm water after using, you can remove any fragrance smell and reuse.

The FO is the first thing I pour into the pot. So, I weigh the pot and than tare the scale and then measure the FO that way. Then I add the dye and then add the wax.

That's probably how I will do it once I get a Presto Pot. I told my husband that I'll be buying one in the next few months for him to put a spout on, haha! He just rolled his eyes.

I meant the pouring pot, not my Presto or wax melter. I only put the wax in my presto.

Yeah, I knew what you meant, lol. I was just saying that once I get my Presto Pot, then I can do it that way, too; put the FO in the pour pot, then the dye and then pour the melted wax from the Presto into the pour pot. :-)

I thought you always wanted to add the FO, make sure it blended well with the wax and then add your dye to the mix.

And I asked for a Presto Pot for Christmas. This is the first time in years I can't wait until Christmas, lol.