what do you use to pour your F.O.s?

I bought a 3 ounce shot glass that after the tare is set, seems to just barely hold 2 oz of FO's. There is a little variation between the FO's and EO's but just what I call a negligeable amount. I have a sticker on the side that is marked off in 5 gram increments and I've weighed enough FO's to feel comfortable with the markings. So I just fill to the line that I want and dump it in the presto. If I have any FO's that seem thicker or thinner than normal, I go back to weighing, but that's rare. EO's are pretty light in viscosity compared to FO's, but they seem to come out about the same on the markings and the weight.

I do alot of onesy, twosy type candles, so I have a set of chemistry glass test tubes and rack. I tare the tube on the scale, either squirt or pipette the fragrance weight into the tube, and then replace in the rack and pour when needed for the project I'm working on.

I love that idea.

I was using a shot glass that I'd wipe down after each use. Didn't have any problems. Now I am warming my oils before going into the Presto and am using a votive cup on a warmer. The oils warm up quickly with the metal. I also just wipe that out after each use with a paper towel and haven't had any FO transfer.

I saved the individual plastic ice cream cups I bought from my grocers. You know those bags of individual servings that come in little cups with the wooden spoons? I only use them for weighing FO for candles so they come in handy. I occasionally overpour a FO so I can repour it back into the fragrance bottle as once its poured in the wax you can't take it out again... same with wax. If I overpour wax with the FO already in it I don't want to pour that back into the melter.

Edited by Candybee

I tare and then pour into the weighed wax. Have always done it this way. If I do overshoot (and when I do it is by a decent amount, not just a drop, you know how it gets when you get a little absent minded :)) I just go ahead and work out how much additional wax I need to ad from the presto and end up with a couple more jars / melts / pillars of that particular scent.

Richard

I use little one ounce glasses with measuring marks and a spout. I found them at an antique mall. I put it on the scale, tare it, pour into it. After I pour into the wax, I let it rest a few minutes and the extra FO gathers in the bottom of the glass. Pour that in the wax too. I wash it out with dish soap and warm water and it is ready to go!