Clamshells with sprinkles?

EccoLights

There is a seller on etsy, the bathing garden, and her clamshells are as cute as can be. They are decorated. I think hers stand out from the others. Most importantly, they smell great, strong and last. But you need that first sale and her decorations do it and the her quality keeps them coming back. I read alot about her on wax review boards and ordered from her to see for myself. I don't do clamshells but if I dd, I would decorate.

I agree. When I saw hers months ago, I would have bought them before any others. They had that special touch that makes you want it.

• 2 weeks later...

I've seen some with glitter at local craft fairs...but where in the world would one even get these embeds? They look like they're wax- but never, in all of my years of perusing candle supply sites have I seen suppliers of cute little embeds like that. And if she makes them herself...then sheesh- she's REALLY underpricing her stuff!!! :) I just bought a few for my mom- she loves melts, and I'm giving up on ever making them myself. LOL...and these are so cute!

• 2 weeks later...

I saw some soy clamshells (no dye) with actual food particles in them (spices, what looked like little broken leaves, etc) and I thought they were so cute so I bought a couple ($3.50 a clamshell). They really looked adorable to me and smelled great! However, after testing them I won't be buying them again because they had almost no scent throw in them at all. Perhaps they needed to cure for a while and the seller wasn't aware of that...I don't know. But they were a new line of soy wax that a local person was selling (owner informed me they just started carrying them) at one of those fancy stores that sell's home decor, jewelry, etc.

Just head to a crafts store like Hobby Lobby and you'll get tons of ideas. That's what I do, and I can say no two clamshells are exactly alike. Don't limit yourself to glitter :-)

Hi Ravens! I don't mean to hi jack this thread at all..but I have been curious about glitter. I saw on another candle site they offer a glitter candle. It looks to me like they adhere the glitter to the inside of the jar, then pour the candle. Do you think this is safe?

Anyone know for certain what the embeds are made of? Are they wax? Are they plastic? I do think they are cute and would be great for the holidays. However, I'm not so sure I would want the bother of breaking wax around a unusable object on a regular basis. Also, I've noticed some of the embeds are almost 1/4 the size of the clamshell (of course its probably just on the top layer of the wax) but if I was an avid tart user and using tarts every couple of days, I would begin to think I was paying too much as the clamshell isn't completely filled with usable wax. But as a novelty item, I think they are really nice.

Edited by pixie

yes, I've done that, but imho it's too much trouble, lol - or perhaps there's an easier way which I have yet to discover. To make the glitter stick to the outside only (where you can see it through the glass), I slosh a bit of wax with glitter, coating the inside; let it set. Then I pour the wax at a really cool temp; it works for me. Made several then quit.... just a phase I was going through, I suppose :laugh2:

Hi Ravens! I don't mean to hi jack this thread at all..but I have been curious about glitter. I saw on another candle site they offer a glitter candle. It looks to me like they adhere the glitter to the inside of the jar, then pour the candle. Do you think this is safe?

I took a look at her web site the embeds are cute and it sets her clamshells apart from the rest but I wouldn't copy that it is kind of her look. From what I have seen she uses some wax embeds (pinecones), some botanicals and some resin flatbacks (little deer) and lots of glitter.

I stopped making tarts with glitter because you end up covered in glitter when you have to breaking a piece.