Ginger Lime - "

Ocean Breeze - Southern Scentsations

Grandma'a Kitchen "

Oatmeal, Milk & Honey - "

Biscotti - "

Peppercorn Raspberry "

Frosted Flurries/Reindeer Poo - "

Cherry Blossom - "

For the first time last night I poured a few testers in 415- I have been using 464 for a long time but the curiosity of some people saying the throw is better in 415 got me wondering...is this wax the one you have always used?

I cant wait to hear your feedback and I am amazed you poured that many in one day! I need to learn how to start a fire under my ass to get going like that! LOL

I started with 415. I tested 464. I only tested two pounds and have 8.5 left over. This was recently. I didn't give it much of a chance but I love my 415 for throw. I didn't like several things about the 464. You can let us know how you like the 415.

First soy wax I used was 415. In 2008 I tried 464. I loved the smooth look and the way it held bright colors; but scent throw was a pain for me. So I went back to 415. Funny though...I never had any trouble with scent throw on new scents with 415. After having tried the 464, I get a lot of misses with the 415. I think it jinxed me...lol! A lot of people do have very good luck with 464.

I started with 415. I tested 464. I only tested two pounds and have 8.5 left over. This was recently. I didn't give it much of a chance but I love my 415 for throw. I didn't like several things about the 464. You can let us know how you like the 415.

Thats what I hear alot of people say about the throw which on CS it claims 464 out does all other soy- I have to wait a couple of days before I burn it but the tops are perfect and the cold throw is very good- I hope the rest is good to- I want to be able to use less FO and have great HT!

First soy wax I used was 415. In 2008 I tried 464. I loved the smooth look and the way it held bright colors; but scent throw was a pain for me. So I went back to 415. Funny though...I never had any trouble with scent throw on new scents with 415. After having tried the 464, I get a lot of misses with the 415. I think it jinxed me...lol! A lot of people do have very good luck with 464.

LOL! It knew you cheated!

I do love 464 but am getting frustrated with wicking it due to having to use 9% FO to get excellent HT- I have about 15 scents perfected but would like a similar wax that I can use more like the norm...6 to 7 % and get great HT

I poured Blue Spruce and Hazelnut Vanilla and the tops are perfect and cold throw awesome- fingers crossed the rest turns out great!

Okay- I may be jumping the gun here but....WOW

I lit my testers in 415 with Peaks Winter Wonderland and I cannot believe the throw! I thought I had great throw going on with 464 but this is much more pronounced and goes further through the house

I made hazelnut vanilla also but need to finish wonderland first

Now I am really confused...do I re-test everything I have done and basically start over- this is crazy

I did add beeswax to it in all the research I did on the wax being known for horrible tops and I used cdn wicks and second burn they are looking great so far and the smell is awesome...this is one FO I had a hard time throwing in 464 in a container- had to be in a smaller room to smell it

I'm so curious about wax....has anyone ever done a swap for it? Say everyone throws in 5 lbs...and you get five diffrent waxes back to test? Does this sound as nuts as it looks when I type it? Maybe my emotions are playing with me today. But damn, how else to do it reasonably cost effective?

I think that is a fabulous idea because now I am going to drive myself crazy wondering if something else is better to- dont get me wrong I am not sure how I feel about totally giving up 464- I love it, but I am really getting more curious also and most places are a 10 lb bag and if you dont like it your stuck!

Thoughts on the grapefruit blackberry?

Ok...I'll start testing with that one today. Have been feeling really blah the past week. But I have candles to pour and 2 testers to test...get up girl and get your fanny shaking!

It smells divine CT.

Edited by NaturallyTru

Don't forget that wicking has a great deal to do with the HT one gets...

I am using Cd and CDN both 10 and 12 in the square mason jar.... blue spruce was a dud in both 464 and 415

I am finding CDN to throw better in 464 and just getting my feet wet in 415 but so far in winter wonderland CDN is winning also

Are you thinking I may be off base on this with wick choices?

More tested:

Raspberry Thyme - My blend from BCS 50%/50%. Nice HT.

Pear Vanilla - Backwoods Vanillay....not as strong as I would have liked; but smellable

Cannabis & Rose petals - " nothin :(

Lavender Breezes - " Great HT

Lavender Basil - BNL Bittercreek Great HT

Black Raspberry Vanilla - Fillmore I got nothin....going to try again

Avocado Cilantro - Yummy!

Southern Scentsations

Grandma'a Kitchen " Strong HT

Biscotti - " Great HT

Peppercorn Raspberry " Great HT

Cherry Blossom - " Good HT...not as strong as hoped

More later...

Edited by NaturallyTru

• 2 months later...

I have been doing more testing with the 415 and I definately like the throw better... problem being that I cannot get it to look good- the very first batch I poured straight 415 I got smooth tops and from there it all went to hell- wet spots rough tops - you name it

I have added beeswax and it helped but harder to wick

I have added USA and that helped but I swear I am losing some throw doing so

I have tried so many different pour temps, FO loads, wicks....

Are any one of you 415 users willing to give me a few suggestions... do you use additives or are you having sucess with straight up 100% 415...